I saw an adult baby in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I was going to work so I was leaving the mall and was waiting to cross the street when a pacifier jumped out at me. It was around the young woman's neck and she had on these bright shortalls and the fabric was childish looking, it was pink and green, and she had on bright socks and black leggings and she had her hair in two french braids and she had a regular black purse with her and regular shoes and a regular long black coat that was like a trench coat. My first reaction was "Oh an adult baby" and I wanted to talk to her and say I was one as well and ask her about her life style but I chickened out. I hate being shy but I didn't know what reaction I was going to get and the though of talking to her made me feel too anxious to a point I didn't want to talk at all. I couldn't tell if she was diapered or not because she was overweight so it makes it hard to tell.

Sounds like you are probably right! Very cool! I couldn't imagine wearing shortalls.... SOOOO COLD out!

BabyMitchy said:
I couldn't imagine wearing shortalls.... SOOOO COLD out!

To pull away from the AB stuff for a sec, as a student, this type of thing totally baffles me. I can be walking to/from campus, it's Jan/Feb, in the UK (not exactly known for tropical climates...), totally overcast (sometimes even raining), and I'll pass other people walking around in a T-shirt, shorts and flip-flops. I have NO idea how some people can apparently be so cold-resistant.

Programmatic said:
To pull away from the AB stuff for a sec, as a student, this type of thing totally baffles me. I can be walking to/from campus, it's Jan/Feb, in the UK (not exactly known for tropical climates...), totally overcast (sometimes even raining), and I'll pass other people walking around in a T-shirt, shorts and flip-flops. I have NO idea how some people can apparently be so cold-resistant.

I guess it depends on where you're from and what weather you are exposed to. I live so far upstate NY, I'm actually right next door to Canada and let me tell you, it gets DAMN cold. Once you've done about a week straight of -29f, 29f feels like a nice spring day outside, no joke!

A wild adult baby has been spotted!

I can't blame you, there is always the fear of exposing yourself to somebody you don't know.

Marka said:

I hope it wasn't you :laugh:

Those are definitely rare occurences! Congratz calico!

Spotting an actual publicly exposed AB is almost like seeing a unicorn. LOL Provided she actually is an AB. You referred to her being a "young woman." Do you live anywhere near a college or university? Because part of me almost wonders if this could be a college student carrying out a sociology assignment to judge folks response to "deviant" behavior.

Shortalls are just cute. I know plenty of young women who would wear bright colored shortalls and still are not AB's. Playful, youthful, and fashionable.. I love her outfit, but it would never have screamed this girl is most definitely an AB to me. It almost seems more lolita fashion like (which I've noticed elements of which are starting to become more popular) then anything else.

I mean it's not like the person was running around in a diaper and a bib. I think it's important to not make super quick assumptions about people, for our sake and theirs. Especially before one considers going up and outing themselves and using these assumptions to strike up conversations. It could certainly get very awkward.

Illinoise said:
Spotting an actual publicly exposed AB is almost like seeing a unicorn. LOL Provided she actually is an AB. You referred to her being a "young woman." Do you live anywhere near a college or university? Because part of me almost wonders if this could be a college student carrying out a sociology assignment to judge folks response to "deviant" behavior.

She looked young like in her twenties. No I don't live near any universities.

- - - Updated - - -

gigglemuffinz said:
Shortalls are just cute. I know plenty of young women who would wear bright colored shortalls and still are not AB's. Playful, youthful, and fashionable.. I love her outfit, but it would never have screamed this girl is most definitely an AB to me. It almost seems more lolita fashion like (which I've noticed elements of which are starting to become more popular) then anything else.

I mean it's not like the person was running around in a diaper and a bib. I think it's important to not make super quick assumptions about people, for our sake and theirs. Especially before one considers going up and outing themselves and using these assumptions to strike up conversations. It could certainly get very awkward.

I wouldn't have notice and would have just assumed it was her normal outfit and how she had her hair but because she had a pacifier hanging on her chest, I thought something else about what she had on and about her hair.

Illinoise said:
Spotting an actual publicly exposed AB is almost like seeing a unicorn.

I like this comparison because it means that we have magical powers. My name is Tyger The Roarinator, and I approve this message.

Several years ago I saw a man in the grocery store wearing a pair of shortalls, but they were made of leather so I didn't really know what to think.

Illinoise said:
Spotting an actual publicly exposed AB is almost like seeing a unicorn.

ROFL

On a side note I wonder how many non exposed abdl's we see and don't realize it.

A girl in my philosophy 101 class happen to have a pacifier in her jacket pocket for a few days in a row. When I finally did ask her about it you would have thought she was on trial for murder or something, normally cool and composed, then stammering and making little eye contact when I wanted to know why she had a paci with her for days and days. I seriously doubt it had anything to do with ageplay, and she said as much that it was just for comfort. Plus I made the comment that I usually kept my paci on my night stand so she shouldn't get so embarrassed - that seemed to calm her down a bit. We went to the same club meetings quite a bit so it isn't like she didn't have an opportunity to ask me questions.

I missed the pacifier bit, ah.

My sister reminds me that sucking on a pacifier is also a like.. "rave" thing.. something to do with ecstasy, so not every young person with one isn't necessarily an adult baby too. As a thing.

The combination of that and the outfit though I can understand why someone might make the assumption. Still, best to tackle such things delicately and not publicly question and all that.

gigglemuffinz said:
My sister reminds me that sucking on a pacifier is also a like.. "rave" thing.. something to do with ecstasy, so not every young person with one isn't necessarily an adult baby too. As a thing.

Keeps you from grinding your teeth.

Programmatic said:

It's an interesting thing for me but I'm sometimes quite cold-resistant...but under the net of DLAB! If I'm outside at night naked (something I've done because it's something you do coz it's in your 'do-before-i-die-book') i am cold...but if i'm outside wearing just a nappy (agen this is something that I've done - more times than being just naked and mind you we're talking early spring and early autumn here because summer is a given/absolootly a time I'm gonna use to go outside at nite...the final reason I've gon outsde is coz im a bit of an exhibitionist) I don't feel the cold at all.

Now this mite be because the adrenalin's giving me a heat boost but...I actually think it's because I still have some of my brown fat reserves...now if you're wondering brown fat is the special insulating fat that babies have that keeps them warm in emergency circumsti or wen they've not got much on, now of course brown/baby fat is something that - usually - we all grow out of but I really don't think that's the case with me.

I've been a committed and self-aware infantilist since the age of seven and of course I've been running around in nappies and not much else since then...now six/seven is usually the time wen you're losing yor brown fat but wot if at that point yor cold exposure amount went up? I thnk that cood change things and I thnk thaz wots hppnd 2 me. Hope ths provd interesting. bringmesunshine

- - - Updated - - -

Calico said:
She looked young like in her twenties. No I don't live near any universities.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't have notice and would have just assumed it was her normal outfit and how she had her hair but because she had a pacifier hanging on her chest, I thought something else about what she had on and about her hair.

Some people use dummies (UK - sorry!) to get over a smoking addiction, I was a close observer once to a case like that. And I saw a British TV program containing interesting people and one of them was a girl in her erly thirties with a dummy addiction...tho all she liked was dummies and the sucking of dummies and the blinging up of dummies (the lifestyle went no further than those jst mentioned objects)! She was very public but didn't care and also joked she bought and collected dummies lke some women buy and collect shoes! So ths means a dummy doesn't always mean or in fact garonT ABDLity. bringmesunshine

A few months back I am nearly completely certain I saw another adult partaking in some form of ageplay.
Hubby and I were at a Toys R Us, for me naturally ;]
But there was a girl walking around with her hair high in pigtails, a rather short skirt (that I personally thought had some extra puff), a tshirt that was 1. too small for her, and was apparent it had come from the kiddos department and 2. Featured a cartoon character. She also had on tall bright socks and chuck taylors.
She was accompanied by someone else who held her hand through the store. But not like fingers interlaced, hand over hand.

gigglemuffinz said:
I missed the pacifier bit, ah.

Yeah, I knew several kids in high school that were open ravers and had pacifiers with them all the time. It got to the point where the school had to ban them.

I once saw a teenaged boy in Target with a pack of diapers rolling a paci around in his mouth. My best guess is that he probably was a TB. This is the only such encounter I've ever had in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back