Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Involuntary" Purge of My Plush Toys...

Default "Involuntary" Purge of My Plush Toys...

In the last couple of days, I had to purge most of my plushies, due to an infestation of "Bedbugs". I do have some left, the ones that are the newest.

At least as an Autistic, I did not have a major temper-tantrum meltdown, despite the "crisis".

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you didn't have a major issue with it and I hope the bedbug infestation is all taken care of and you can begin the process of building the collection back up.

I still have my dolly, "Precious", my Bear, "Poopy", and a few "small" plushies, including my My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic Beanie Babies.

I don't know much about bedbugs. Could you not wash them?

Quote Originally Posted by caitianx View Post
    In the last couple of days, I had to purge most of my plushies, due to an infestation of "Bedbugs". I do have some left, the ones that are the newest.

At least as an Autistic, I did not have a major temper-tantrum meltdown, despite the "crisis".
    I just realized bed bugs got their grossness all over one of my favorite dollies recently too, so I know the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    It can, but bed bugs are the kinda bug infestation you have to get rid of all at once to really do anything about them. Not only that but they pretty much poop blood, which means they get blood stains on everything. My dolly is permanently stained herself.

You could wash them, as long as it's a hot wash/hot rinse cycle and dried on the highest setting, which a lot of plushies would not survive. The problem with bedbugs though is if you have lots of things for them to hide in (like plushies), it will make getting rid of them much harder. You're better off purging as much as you can if you have an infestation.

Right before I moved out of my parent's apartment in 2009ish, they had a massive infestation, I ended up taking only my clothes (which I washed/dryed and then stored in plastic tubs) and my DVDs/Games (Which I hand checked thoroughly before they too went into a plastic tub). All I took with me was these two boxes, my Television and my only game console at the time. Had to buy furniture anew!

I feel for ya OP, bedbugs are one of the most annoying and irritating pests I have encountered.

To be honest, the thought of bedbugs scares the crap out of me. Fortunately I live in my own house on a fair amount of land. I don't like bugs to begin with, but bedbugs sound harmful to skin and health.

they die in a dryer, they can't handle the heat, we don't usually have bed bugs in the desert, but I did get eaten while in Chicago.

Whow I am sorry

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    It can, but bed bugs are the kinda bug infestation you have to get rid of all at once to really do anything about them. Not only that but they pretty much poop blood, which means they get blood stains on everything. My dolly is permanently stained herself.
    As gigglemuffinz said they are an infestation.
    I was not sure if I was paranoid, but I just steamed the whole room, several time as treatment to get rid of those bug takes time and commitment.
    There are wiki how on how to wash the sheet in hot water and get rid some of them.

I heard borax works and that most of the bed bug poison comes from the sunflower.
    A friend of mine found a link on how to create some kind of like mouse trap for them.

Couldn't you of shoved the plushies into a sealed plastic bag and attach some sort of steamer into it and literally burn the bedbugs to death?

To be honest, the thought of bedbugs scares the crap out of me. Fortunately I live in my own house on a fair amount of land. I don't like bugs to begin with, but bedbugs sound harmful to skin and health.
    They are terrifying. To reproduce not only do the males rape the females, they shove their thing trough the females body. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traumatic_insemination