New kind of diaper plastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwear365

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anyone ever seen or felt a diaper that had plastic outer that felt so soft it was almost like cloth......but it wasn't. Also this Plastic is breathable. Has anyone heard of that before? I am trying to design a diaper that we will all love and not have to pay those crazy prices those other guys charge. Any and all Input would be nice. -Thanks Everyone-

Total Dry Plus and the last batch of Unique Wellness Superios used a similar plastic. I wouldn't expect that it is breathable but it felt closer to a clothlike cover than any plastic I have encountered before. This is not a bonus to me. I particularly hated the Total Dry Plus. I prefer cloth and plastic to stay in their respective corners.

I prefer traditional plastic backed diapers or plastic pants
I don't like cloth like disposables they tend leak more easily and some brands the covers are rough like sand paper and chaff my legs and inner thighs

I like to think there's a group of people who, like me, enjoy a cloth-backed AB/DL diaper, and wish they had a source other than ABU. Initially, it seemed that Snuggies was considering such a thing, but they went for the bigger market -- which is understandable from a business standpoint. Still, if you're thinking about making a diaper that won't simply be "yet another _____", then I think a well-thought-out answer to Cushies would be appreciated. My requests would be: Soft, cloth-like backing; hook-and-loop tapes; one large tape per side; elastic wings (like baby diapers); all-over print.

I do agree with the above folks who've said that a hybrid of cloth-like and plastic would be unappealing. Best to be good at a few things than "meh" at everything.

Last edited:
I love plastic back better then cloths ones because there more comfortable for me. I would love diaper cheaper then most ABDL diapers on the market today.

Yep, I strongly prefer plastic as well. I don't even get the appeal of cloth backed anymore once I started trying out plastic backed diapers. They're more comfortable. In my case at least, actually cause less skin irritation, stay fitted longer due to not stretching quite as much, and when you accidentally get a side leak it isn't an instant game over, with plastic-backed it at least has the chance to roll around to the absorbent material on the back of the diaper as long as it isn't too much. If you have cloth backing that just instantly goes right to your outer clothing. They also have less friction against your clothes and slide around better, so you tend to not notice they are there quite as much.

Cottontail said:
I like to think there's a group of people who, like me, enjoy a cloth-backed AB/DL diaper, and wish they had a source other than ABU. Initially, it seemed that Snuggies was considering such a thing, but they went for the bigger market -- which is understandable from a business standpoint. Still, if you're thinking about making a diaper that won't simply be "yet another _____", then I think a well-thought-out answer to Cushies would be appreciated. My requests would be: Soft, cloth-like backing; hook-and-loop tapes; one large tape per side; elastic wings (like baby diapers); all-over print.

I do agree with the above folks who've said that a hybrid of cloth-like and plastic would be unappealing. Best to be good at a few things than "meh" at everything.

agree completely! cloth-backed are what I grew up in and i don't understand all the dislike they seem to generate (can i even use dislike as a noun like that?). if someone made another cloth-backed adult diaper, i'd buy half the warehouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back