Status
Not open for further replies.

APersonThatIsAHuman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Hey, everyone.

So, I'm going to my nearest pharmacy this Sunday to buy some diapers.

If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

As bobert said, no need to be nervous or scared when buying diapers, it may look scary at first, but from my personal experience it's so simple and no one cares what you buy, just go for it, and of course if you need to hide them locate a good spot before buying them.

If you care about the difference between disposables with clothlike covers and smooth plastic, note the buzzword "breathable" for clothlike and either go toward it or flee as is appropriate to you. If you want diapers, look for "tabs" and avoid things that are described like underwear, which are going to be pull-up kinds, which are not usually nice for adults. The choices aren't likely to be all that great but just try to treat it like any other purchase.

Thank you all, I appreciate the help.

Just act normal they could be for donation to a nursing home or an ill family member if your acting nervous your going to get stares if not no one will think twice about it

Store clerks don't generally care nor is it their job to question you for your purchases. There are many different reasons why you could be buying diapers, the store clerk just cares about taking your payment and moving on to the next customer. Approach the whole thing with confidence and don't be too nervous about it.

There really isn't too much to it, but trust me, I get it feels like there's the potential for the world to end.

Just relax and enjoy yourself and don't be too hasty so you end up with something you're happy with. If it's a pharmacy where there might be people you know, scope it out for a second beforehand or go at a time you know there won't be others (early in the morning or late at night) if that's an option. And finally bring a bag or get one from the cashier.

You'll be in and out before you know it and realizing it was easier than expected and totally worth it.

XxThisGuyxX said:
There really isn't too much to it, but trust me, I get it feels like there's the potential for the world to end.

Just relax and enjoy yourself and don't be too hasty so you end up with something you're happy with. If it's a pharmacy where there might be people you know, scope it out for a second beforehand or go at a time you know there won't be others (early in the morning or late at night) if that's an option. And finally bring a bag or get one from the cashier.

You'll be in and out before you know it and realizing it was easier than expected and totally worth it.

I'm gonna go early in the morning so I don't see anyone I know there, I hope after I buy my first pack I can overcome my fear.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Just don't think much of it because the cashier probably won't either. If they do question you they will probably just ask if you have some sort of rewards card as many big name pharmacies often promote. They will ask you if you want a bag for it and those are probably the only questions they will ask. I find going late at night within 2 hours of closing or late at night in general after work. If it's a 24 hour store you can go in as late as thew midnight hours and early as the crack of dawn because who honestly shops during those hours?

No problem. Everyone loves giving their opinion and hearing themselves speak, haha.

It definitely gets easier the more you do it. I can't say whether it'll get to the point that it feels like you're going to the store just to get a bag of chips (there'll always be some excitement and anticipation involved) but in no time you'll be reminiscing about the first time you bought diapers and be entertained by the fact that it felt like such a big deal.

The first time is always the most rewarding (as is the case with a lot of things). Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Use to buy from walmart was always worried who was around and reactions from the sales clerks the first few times I hid the packages under other purchuses, in the end I stopped working about it but now I order real diapers was using depends products from a local medical supplier.
I have to say the cost difference between the depends and the dry 24/7's or the Abena M2's is not that much and the peace of mind it gives me knowing the briefs will hold way more liquid then I need is well worth the expense.

I'd personally recommend depends over store brand. The with tabs ones are actually quire nice and plasticy.

TheCaptain said:
No problem. Everyone loves giving their opinion and hearing themselves speak, haha.

It definitely gets easier the more you do it. I can't say whether it'll get to the point that it feels like you're going to the store just to get a bag of chips (there'll always be some excitement and anticipation involved) but in no time you'll be reminiscing about the first time you bought diapers and be entertained by the fact that it felt like such a big deal.

The first time is always the most rewarding (as is the case with a lot of things). Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Everything went fine!

I have faced my fear, thanks for the help, everyone.

APersonThatIsAHuman said:
Hey, everyone.

So, I'm going to my nearest pharmacy this Sunday to buy some diapers.

If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Just play it cool. Research some diapers you want to buy or maybe visit the pharmacy beforehand so you can plan a "route" straight to the diapers. Try to spend as little time as possible in the store so you don't get caught by someone you know. Make sure you don't forget your money. Oh, and if the cashier asks (which they probably won't), just say they are for your niece, nephew, daughter, etc. If you're buying adult diapers, say you're buying for grandma, grandpa, etc.

Good luck if you haven't gone already! If you have, hope it all went well.

APersonThatIsAHuman said:
Everything went fine!

I have faced my fear, thanks for the help, everyone.

That's good to hear. Nothing to it, right? Now looking back on it, doesn't it seem like that much of a simpler and easier thing?

Besides, now you get to reap the rewards :)

Bobert said:
My biggest tip is to not over think it. Just be casual about it, because after buying diapers a few times you'll realize how silly it was being so nervous those first few times :p Is it a big brand pharmacy like CVS, Riteaid, or Walgreens? Knowing what kind of diapers you want to get ahead of time is definitely a good idea. Nothing kills the excitement of getting new diapers more than finding out they don't fit.

I agree fully...the best thing to do is act like you're buying chocolate or something that you'd buy everyday.

As many have said, confidence is key. You just have to be non chalant about it. I buy in stores as well and find that it helps to buy one or two other little things, then it doesn't appear you went there solely for diapers. Nobody is truly paying attention. IF a clerk decides to comment on it, it won't be to you, it'll be to a co-worker. And you won't hear it IF it even happens. So just go in like a boss, own it and leave like a boss.

Just wait till you graduate to buying while wearing lol

BenzyD said:
I buy in stores as well and find that it helps to buy one or two other little things, then it doesn't appear you went there solely for diapers.

I used to do that; now I own the fact I'm buying diapers. ;)

To save any imbarsing shopping trips I buy mine on line. There's a company here in the uk and I find there nappies pretty good (they do ones with single tabs on each side) there prices are reasonable to. There called cuddlz, if Ya Google thrm ya'll see for ursdlf.... Mite be another option. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back