Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying Diapers

Default Buying Diapers

Hey, everyone.

So, I'm going to my nearest pharmacy this Sunday to buy some diapers.

If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

My biggest tip is to not over think it. Just be casual about it, because after buying diapers a few times you'll realize how silly it was being so nervous those first few times :P Is it a big brand pharmacy like CVS, Riteaid, or Walgreens? Knowing what kind of diapers you want to get ahead of time is definitely a good idea. Nothing kills the excitement of getting new diapers more than finding out they don't fit.

As bobert said, no need to be nervous or scared when buying diapers, it may look scary at first, but from my personal experience it's so simple and no one cares what you buy, just go for it, and of course if you need to hide them locate a good spot before buying them.

If you care about the difference between disposables with clothlike covers and smooth plastic, note the buzzword "breathable" for clothlike and either go toward it or flee as is appropriate to you. If you want diapers, look for "tabs" and avoid things that are described like underwear, which are going to be pull-up kinds, which are not usually nice for adults. The choices aren't likely to be all that great but just try to treat it like any other purchase.

Just act normal they could be for donation to a nursing home or an ill family member if your acting nervous your going to get stares if not no one will think twice about it

Store clerks don't generally care nor is it their job to question you for your purchases. There are many different reasons why you could be buying diapers, the store clerk just cares about taking your payment and moving on to the next customer. Approach the whole thing with confidence and don't be too nervous about it.

Default Buying Diapers

There really isn't too much to it, but trust me, I get it feels like there's the potential for the world to end.

Just relax and enjoy yourself and don't be too hasty so you end up with something you're happy with. If it's a pharmacy where there might be people you know, scope it out for a second beforehand or go at a time you know there won't be others (early in the morning or late at night) if that's an option. And finally bring a bag or get one from the cashier.

You'll be in and out before you know it and realizing it was easier than expected and totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by XxThisGuyxX View Post
    There really isn't too much to it, but trust me, I get it feels like there's the potential for the world to end.

Just relax and enjoy yourself and don't be too hasty so you end up with something you're happy with. If it's a pharmacy where there might be people you know, scope it out for a second beforehand or go at a time you know there won't be others (early in the morning or late at night) if that's an option. And finally bring a bag or get one from the cashier.

You'll be in and out before you know it and realizing it was easier than expected and totally worth it.
    I'm gonna go early in the morning so I don't see anyone I know there, I hope after I buy my first pack I can overcome my fear.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by APersonThatIsAHuman; 07-Feb-2015 at 17:56. Reason: Grammatical Error

Just don't think much of it because the cashier probably won't either. If they do question you they will probably just ask if you have some sort of rewards card as many big name pharmacies often promote. They will ask you if you want a bag for it and those are probably the only questions they will ask. I find going late at night within 2 hours of closing or late at night in general after work. If it's a 24 hour store you can go in as late as thew midnight hours and early as the crack of dawn because who honestly shops during those hours?