AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
SO I recently purchases Babypants Plastic pants. I was looking around online and couldn't find an answer to this question. . . do plastic pants block smells? (I feel silly for having to ask this. . .)

Block is probably too strong a word. Impede, maybe? Reduce? Something along those lines.

I agree with Trevor, it is a slight impediment. Until you take it off at least. Be sure to get the right size (in a fully expanded diaper, not dry.) I ended up having a seam on mine split because I bought one size too small not thinking about the expanded size.

Trevor said:
Block is probably too strong a word. Impede, maybe? Reduce? Something along those lines.
This. The only way to completely contain smells is with a lot of layers of plastic. If you really like plastic it can be kinda fun. Otherwise, it'll probably seem rather excessive.

Cauthon said:
I agree with Trevor, it is a slight impediment. Until you take it off at least. Be sure to get the right size (in a fully expanded diaper, not dry.) I ended up having a seam on mine split because I bought one size too small not thinking about the expanded size.

Yeah I just learned the size thing the hard way. . . The sizes seem to run smaller than claimed. . . I took measurements and got one size larger than my measurements getting a large. . . and those are too tight, one pair already developed a rip in the seam. . .

It's difficult to get plastic pants to seal completely to your body, especially where the waist elastic passes the spine. This allows airflow in and out of the pants as you move, so smells can escape. If you can put the pants on with air trapped inside, and when you press on them it takes a good few seconds to expel the air around the elastics, they will probably do a reasonable job of reducing smells. One of the reasons I started wearing plastic pants 24/7 having deliberately tried to avoid them, was to give me a bit more freedom to use my nappy for solids when out and about.

The problem is that plastic pants will impede smell to some degree, but it also heat up what's inside, and urine, after awhile, will begin to smell really bad as the plastic prevents air flow.

Everytime You move so does the elastic, air circulates in out through. I wear 2 at night to stay watertight.
Rubber. Pants are better than the plastic pants seem to last longer and hold up bdtter in the laundry. Babykins has these

rj

Latex rubber pants are very good but as others have mentioned the waist elastics are not air tight where the spine is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back