Recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys,

I recently had a long talk with my girlfriend about my DL side and long story short, she said, "If you want to wear a diaper around me that's perfectly fine. I just want you to be happy, and to bake, cuddle and kiss you. Diaper or no diaper." So here I am.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced diaper that's also decently thick. I've had experience with Bambino Bianco and M4s in the past, but was wondering about the NorthShore briefs and other diapers that are reasonably priced.

If you have any suggestions or experiences you'd like to share, I'd appreciate it!

Thank you,
Internet

Wow, what a girl. Treat her like a princess. Don't let her get the feeling that she is the only one giving here.

I think your wish list is impossible. Good diapers are expensive. Cheap ones are not good. I know in your age bracket it doesn't make sense, but cloth diapers supply thickness, coverage, and economy. Just another possibility.

I have tried and liked the North Shore Supreme. They are a little less expensive than some of the other options and are still thick and very absorbent.

Your girlfriend wants to bake you? That's gonna hurt.

Internet said:
Hey guys,

I recently had a long talk with my girlfriend about my DL side and long story short, she said, "If you want to wear a diaper around me that's perfectly fine. I just want you to be happy, and to bake, cuddle and kiss you. Diaper or no diaper." So here I am.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced diaper that's also decently thick. I've had experience with Bambino Bianco and M4s in the past, but was wondering about the NorthShore briefs and other diapers that are reasonably priced.

If you have any suggestions or experiences you'd like to share, I'd appreciate it!

Thank you,
Internet

I would stick with www.xpmedical.com personally. They are a bit more pricey than an average quality diaper, but I feel like thy have some really great brands. It really depends on what you're looking for in a diaper for me to give you a recommendation for a good diaper. The absorbency plus (XP brand) has a nice thickness to it and is fairly reasonably priced while being plastic backed. But there are no standing leg guards, which means you should think twice about flooding all at once. I also REALLY like the molicaire brand because of the wood pulp in the diaper. Gives it a unique feel to the diaper, and it's plastic backed as well, though it's not noisey when you move around in it. But some people don't like the purple color. the Tena Slip MAxi is a great all around diaper in my opinion and I really enjoy the feel of it. It's fairly thin when first put on, but swells up nicely and has a pleasant cottony softness to the inside with a pretty smooth and soft plastic outside. Not very crinkly either. You have to hurry while supplies last with this diaper though. it's discontinued for manufacture so only sold while supplies last.

The Dry 24/7's are ridiculously well padded and can hold a lot, but It has a high rise with a really thick noisey plastic. I actually didn't enjoy them because I thought they were too big and the thick plastic made me sweaty and uncomfortable because it wouldn't breathe. The M4 is probably your best bet for quality with reasonable price, depending on what you mean by reasonable price. Since you've tried it I won't rehash a review.

For Bambino though, I would highly recommend the bellissimos. I haven't tried the biancos, but I've heard that bambino has improved the design over time with the new types, and I found the bellissimo to have one of the best fits out of any diaper I've ever tried. I was REALLY impressed! But, Bambino can get a bit pricey. And the plastic is super thick (although very smooth) and noisey so I don't wear them often. They definitely last a while though.

If you need a quick diaper fix though, I usually keep a spare collection of cheap 'throwaway' diapers that I don't care about because I got them for such a good deal. They're ideal for quick wearing sessions if you don't have the luxury of being padding for long periods of time. I find the CVS brand of briefs to be one of the best that I've tried in terms of generic store brands.

If you want a playful diaper you could always try the cuddlz diaper. I really liked the feel and design of cuddlz, but they are pricey! I wouldn't consider them reasonable, but to each his own. You could always try sample packs, if you're curious whether the price is worth it. There are also the Snuggies Waddlers. I haven't tested the absorbency, but I think they have a thickness comparable to an M3 with a really playful design. Can't speak much on the feel and efficiency because I heard they made a new batch of them after they sent out the pre-ordered production line.

Thanks for the lengthy reply, BigKid25! Lots of useful information in there.

I was, however, looking for reviews specifically from people who have tried the diaper(s) they're recommending I purchase. For example, I've heard that ATNs are decent for the low cost that they are but have also heard that they're really thin diapers. I don't want to have to rely on depends protection with tabs because I'd like something a bit better than that. If anyone has any suggestions, please comment!

Internet said:
I was, however, looking for reviews specifically from people who have tried the diaper(s) they're recommending I purchase.

I've definitely tried the diapers I've talked about, and made it a point to not talk about what I don't know. Though I do understand my individual descriptions were brief even if the post was lengthy. I would recommend going to the articles section of the forum and looking up the diaper reviews that have been posted on the site. They are considerably more detailed than my response.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php/53-Diaper-Reviews

XPmedical also has a diaper review section.

http://www.xpmedical.com/dtest.html

That's the best I can do for you. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back