Scariest moments in Gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddedbossman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This is my most scariest moment in gaming. Its not from Slient Hill or Resident Evil or a game that is suppost to be scary isnt scary for me. Its this childhood terror of the deep.

The Shark called Snackers from Banjo Kazooie.
Bk_snacker_zpsa22855cf.png

That is a sole reason It took years to beat the game.

I get goosebumps just from finding the pic and posting it. I'd rather deal with Pyramid Head from Slient Hill...

I remember playing far cry at probably 11 or 12 in a dark basement. Took me forever to finish that game lol.

Dear god ... Dead Space ... 1, 2 and 3 GAH those jump scares ... padding maybe required.

I think I lasted about 10 minutes in Dead Space - it was creepy as hell, but I think it was just impatience and distractions that kept me from continuing.

Another short experience was in a game whose name I've forgotten - someone here knows what it's called - a first person indie game where you have to manage your 'sanity' level in some sort of haunted mansion... I lasted 10 minutes not due to distractions but because it was just a bit too much for me at the time.

FEAR had a similar effect on me, but the intense firefights kept me from getting overwhelmed by the 'creepy little girl' weirdness and associated creepiness... any time I hear or see television/radio style static I get a little creeped out because of it's use in that franchise to signal pending scenes of a frightful nature.

Mind trips tend to affect me more than actual horror - the crazy drug-induced scenes in Far Cry 3, the skinny weird dude that keeps popping up in Half Life games are great examples of this. Even more so, the extremely disturbing nightmare scenes from Max Payne - I think I had to take a day off of that game back in the day just to get over the first one of those I saw.

Yep, can confirm. I hated Snacker so much when I was younger.

Other things I can think of... Dead Hand from OoT, screw those things man, they're creepy as heck.

I'm not really a fan of horror-type games so, no stories there, but Minecraft's managed to make me jump a mile into the air in the past from various things, most notably creepers of course.

Scariest gaming experience for me, League of Legends solo Queue ranked D:

Last edited:
System Shock 2.

...huddled in the corner of an office under a desk...gun jammed...only a few bullets...through an office window I can see the hallway where a ghostly apparition moves by and disappears around a corner...then an ambling former crew member of the space ship I am on walks by and looks into the room saying "join us!"..he doesn't see me so he continues on down the corridor...I start looking for something to defend myself and the deranged computer that's running the entire place sees me though one of the many cameras mounted on the ceilings. Her voice is strangely pitched and makes your skin crawl. I can't remember what she said, but I run out of the room and down the hallway right into the zombified crew member. Scariest game I've ever played.

Usually Clock Tower games get me going. Trying to hide from Scissorman, praying to God he doesn't find you, is just terrifying. Eternal Darkness also gave me some pretty bad spooks; that game has successfully tricked me into thinking my controller was unplugged, my television turned off, my game reset, my memory card was being wiped clean, and my GameCube had a blue screen: It's one thing for horror games to hit you with sudden enemies, but when the game tells the you that your controller unplugged in a room full of enemies, your palms start to sweat.

As far as non-horror games go, I'm still terrified of playing the Jungle Puddle level on Yoshi's Story.

Programmatic said:
Other things I can think of... Dead Hand from OoT, screw those things man, they're creepy as heck.

Those are actually called "Wall Masters" but they still suck nonetheless. Them and ReDeads and Gibdos; in Majora's Mask, I hookshotted myself to a pillar, and the pillar turned out to be a freaking ReDead. *Shudders*

ClandestineWing said:
Those are actually called "Wall Masters" but they still suck nonetheless. Them and ReDeads and Gibdos; in Majora's Mask, I hookshotted myself to a pillar, and the pillar turned out to be a freaking ReDead. *Shudders*

Nope, I do mean Dead Hand: http://zeldawiki.org/Dead_Hand, though there's only 2 of them.

But yes, Wallmasters and Floormasters do suck as well, and how could I forget to mention ReDead? Thank god for the Sun's Song... Running through destroyed Hyrule Castle Town is just the Sun's Song followed by some good old "Nope".

I really didn't like their new appearance for Wind Waker though, they just seemed really weird that time, rather than the N64 versions with the whole missing-the-front-of-their-head thing.

Programmatic said:
Nope, I do mean Dead Hand: http://zeldawiki.org/Dead_Hand, though there's only 2 of them.

But yes, Wallmasters and Floormasters do suck as well, and how could I forget to mention ReDead? Thank god for the Sun's Song... Running through destroyed Hyrule Castle Town is just the Sun's Song followed by some good old "Nope".

I really didn't like their new appearance for Wind Waker though, they just seemed really weird that time, rather than the N64 versions with the whole missing-the-front-of-their-head thing.

Oh, that guy; screw him too. :p

I usually don't even bother with the Sun's Song in the Market, since they can't freeze you there.

Been playing Dying Light and had quite a few scares and moments of panic. :p

the scariest moment in gaming for me was a few months ago i was playing my ps2 with no memory card and the cat knocked it off the dresser. it hit the floor screen froze for a moment then recovered and kept on going. still put a pretty nice crack in the case but otherwise unharmed.

As for actuall gameplay i would have to say it was Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines Game during the Santa Monica Hotel mission at Midnight when the game came out, bear in mind i was also still like 12 or 13 at the time

No one has mentioned Manhunt the original game was pretty damn scary, and made me sit on the edge of me seat and jump a few times.

Every Painting in Mario 64 creeped me the hell out, they were blurry, unsettling, and creepy. Funny thing is, I never owned and N64, my friend did, I always owned a Grey PlayStation 1, then a Silver PlayStation.

I remember playing Sonic (the first one on the Mega Drive) and i glitched to the point i warped to a creepy version of the Labyrinth zone.

Sonic.exe and game based creepypasta in general, Especially Sonic.exe

Five Nights at Freddy's o.o

Snivy said:
Five Nights at Freddy's o.o

*shudders* That game man...
I don't like jump scares.

RDBrony said:
*shudders* That game man...
I don't like jump scares.

Some people love it and I think it's ok but FUCK man Freddy >=(

the time I peed my pants while playing Super Mario Bros, and trying to hide the fact from a friend who noticed and was a real jerk about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back