Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been like this?

Default Have you ever been like this?

Disclaimer: I'm a huge extrovert. At least my adult side is. I'm always going out of my way to meet people and at the same time I'm very opinionated and we'll can be loud (hehe).

That being said, has there ever been someone you looked at or disliked so much that if you just thunder-punched them in the throat you'd fell a lot better? (At least until you were subpoenaed). I work in a restaurant as a second job and I see it every day, people who are utterly rude, cruel, and worthless people. There are times I just want to dump their food on them and say, "Fuck y'all, I'm out!!!!!". Granted I don't do this because I have bills but still.

I work in a kitchen too and I have written things like "f&@k you" in burgers in ketchup. I have intentionally overlooked fries or one time this guy came in 5 minutes before close and ordered like 40 tacos I'm not exaggerating, 2 quesadillas, 4 taco salads, 8 double cheese burgers and 6 orders of onion rings. I wrote his damn order down 5 minutes to close and was snotty to the girl ringing him up.

His tacos had so much hit sauce on them they were swimming in the bottom of the box, I put like half the cheese on his quesadillas and twice as much lettuce in jai taco salads.

I buried his burgers in mustard too, like don't come in five minutes to close and order enough food to feed a football team with a damn attitude if he had been nice an not made a comment about "hahaha I guess y'all are gonna be workin late tonight" I wouldn't have done that.

Screw that guy, screw bad customers if you're gonna be a bad customer I'm gonna mess up your order on purpose because you deserve it. Don't screw with people that handle your food.

*drops mic*

- - - Updated - - -

Disclaimer: I'm usually very nice and I pride myself in my ability to make pretty food. Asshats do not deserve pretty food.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I work in a kitchen too and I have written things like "f&@k you" in burgers in ketchup. I have intentionally overlooked fries or one time this guy came in 5 minutes before close and ordered like 40 tacos I'm not exaggerating, 2 quesadillas, 4 taco salads, 8 double cheese burgers and 6 orders of onion rings. I wrote his damn order down 5 minutes to close and was snotty to the girl ringing him up.

His tacos had so much hit sauce on them they were swimming in the bottom of the box, I put like half the cheese on his quesadillas and twice as much lettuce in jai taco salads.

I buried his burgers in mustard too, like don't come in five minutes to close and order enough food to feed a football team with a damn attitude if he had been nice an not made a comment about "hahaha I guess y'all are gonna be workin late tonight" I wouldn't have done that.

Screw that guy, screw bad customers if you're gonna be a bad customer I'm gonna mess up your order on purpose because you deserve it. Don't screw with people that handle your food.

*drops mic*

- - - Updated - - -

Disclaimer: I'm usually very nice and I pride myself in my ability to make pretty food. Asshats do not deserve pretty food.
    Omg I love ittttt!!!!! No they dont. They deserve ugly food to compliment their ugly personality!!!

Oh yes! Not so much in my line of work - I'm fortunate that most people I deal with seem to be pretty friendly, and the worst you usually get from them is indecision or laziness. However, in my personal life, I occasionally come across people I absolutely detest. Recent inclusions have been the world's most surly bartender, an incredibly insensitive medical 'professional', and a (now formerly) close friend's genuinely sociopathic girlfriend.

While I don't currently work in the service industry, I once worked at the front desk at the Registrar's office at my university, and the amount of rudeness I used to see among certain students is unbelievable. I am never rude to people who work in customer service, whether it is at a restaurant, hotel, flying, store, etc, unless they are being rude to me themselves.

I think most people can relate to that.

I can't stand one of the leads for our test and eval team at work. I'm a programmer, but we frequently deal with the testers on things, and any time that jackass is involved I want to strangle the guy. It's pretty common for manager types to see everything as numbers and timelines and forget that there is an actual thing being built that actually has a purpose, but this guy just takes it to 11. Every decision the guy makes is solely aimed at increasing some stat or metric. If it actually improves the quality of what we are doing, well then that's just a happy coincidence. The guy is also a complete asshole to his own people.

Most of the managers where I work came up from a technical background and get the realities of working a problem. They've been there. They usually want to see the problem fixed as much as you do, and try to make themselves a resource. You feel like you are working with them on the problem. Not this guy though. He came up through a business background and has the mindset that his people don't work with him they _answer_ to him. If I ever ended up reporting to the guy (directly or indirectly) I'd pretty much resign on the spot. Even just being near the guy and seeing how he interacts with his people makes me want to leave.

I can definitely relate to that. I used to work in an amusement park, and the people who were rude, were unbearably bad. I still remember this one mother flipping out because her daughter was too short to ride one of the rides, yelling "She is tall enough!! You're just fucking blind!!" at me, going on about the other rides she had ridden, how I was discriminating against her child, and then asked "How long have you been working here!?". I nearly bit my tongue in half to prevent myself from just going off on this woman and the sense of entitlement she had towards her family. Just one of the many reasons I'm happy I don't work in this industry anymore.

I work with a lot of Section 8 housing stuff and people (government rent assistance-basically they get a voucher with which they get to find an otherwise market-rate property). Generally, I'm pretty easy to work with, despite the fact that I swear most of these people go out of their way to justify every negative stereotype about welfare recipients there is.

But there's one client we have that manages to find and push every button I have. This person's getting their entire monthly rent subsidized by the government, yet they are the rudest, most demanding, arrogant person I've dealt with in a long time. During our most recent phone conversation, I actually said at the top of my voice that "I'm not going to sit here and listen to you talk to me like this!" before I hung up the phone. After, I literally walked over to our property operations manager and asked that we evict this client (which would also result in the cancellation of their Section 8 voucher). Honestly, at this point, I want this client out. I don't care what their situation is, and I don't care where they go afterward. When they're getting their entire rent paid by the government, they can at least act with a little common human decency on the phone.

Misatoismywaifu

Quote Originally Posted by LoudBadger View Post
    Disclaimer: I'm a huge extrovert. At least my adult side is. I'm always going out of my way to meet people and at the same time I'm very opinionated and we'll can be loud (hehe).

That being said, has there ever been someone you looked at or disliked so much that if you just thunder-punched them in the throat you'd fell a lot better? (At least until you were subpoenaed). I work in a restaurant as a second job and I see it every day, people who are utterly rude, cruel, and worthless people. There are times I just want to dump their food on them and say, "Fuck y'all, I'm out!!!!!". Granted I don't do this because I have bills but still.
    Every single day.

Default Have you ever been like this?

I spend a lot of time at pools, and have been a lifeguard in the past (I'm technically a lifeguard supervisor now, but in reality I spend most of my time fussing with pool chemical balance, instead of actual lifeguarding).

While a lot of patrons can be mind numbingly stupid/frustrating when they enter a pool complex, the only few times when I get completely pissed at people is when parents willfully put their kids in danger without a care in the world.

On TWO separate occasions I've had to save one particular kid who's mom seems to be trying to rid herself of him via drowning. He's severely autistic/slow, and along with being a very poor swimmer and having a mother that seems fine with walking away from the pool for hours at a time--leaving her son to quite literally drown at times--has become somewhat infamous at our pool. He quite literally would have died thanks to his mothers idiocy where it not for me and (more recently) my guards.

I'm usually not a particularly violent person. But I'd love very much to beat the pulp out of his moron of a mother for being so careless with her son's life.

Oh well.