Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which do you prefer Underjams or Goodnites?!?

Question Which do you prefer Underjams or Goodnites?!?

I want to know which you prefer Huggies Goodnites or Pampers Underjams and why you have that opinion,
    as well list pros and cons of either one then I'll give you my opinion

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow View Post
    I want to know which you prefer Huggies Goodnites or Pampers Underjams and why you have that opinion,
    as well list pros and cons of either one then I'll give you my opinion
    I like Underjams better simply because I think they are cuter and more comfy. They also have a lot more absorbing capacity compared to Goodnites.
    On the other hand they tend to tear after long use, which can get pretty irritating. Which to me is the only place goodnites out does Underjams.

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    I like Underjams better simply because I think they are cuter and more comfy. They also have a lot more absorbing capacity compared to Goodnites.
    On the other hand they tend to tear after long use, which can get pretty irritating. Which to me is the only place goodnites out does Underjams.
    Apparently we have the same issues, and views on this particular subject, thanks for your input

From what I hear, pre-stretching UnderJams is a must to prevent tearing.

Historically, UnderJams have been the only ones I could pull on. The elastic is just a lot stretchier. Some people have reported problems with the elastic tearing, but I have 44" hips and I've worn them for hours without issue, so I don't know. I do pre-stretch the sides a bit, but not drastically.

In the past, GoodNites L/XL were quite a bit bigger -- 2" longer -- than UnderJams L/XL. The latest GoodNites have been reduced to the same size as UnderJams, however.

That said, neither of them have quite enough room in the crotch for my man-bits, and because Pampers baby diapers (e.g. Baby Dry 6) are the same length and also ~30% wider in the crotch, those are my preference.

I think I like Underjams slightly more but each have there pros and cons and are nearly equal. I think Underjams are softer and better at absorbing and are more daiperish. I have experienced the sides tearing on Underjams though. However I really like the graphics on Goodnites and think they fit a bit better (although I haven't tried the newer resized ones yet). If they made Underjams the size Goodnites use to be that'd be the perfect night time pull-up.

Well...

I may have to take back some of the things I've said about GoodNites L/XL recently. Feeling like I'd gone out on a limb a bit by having not tried the latest ones myself, I decided to swing by the store and grab some. A few months back, a user had posted that the length had been reduced to 22", which seemed pretty severe -- yet not unbelievable, as UnderJams L/XL are about 22" long. Since then, I've been spreading the 22" figure for the new GoodNites L/XL, but...

The ones I picked up tonight measured 23.5" when stretched flat, which is not a huge difference from the 24" I'd measured a couple of years ago. I don't know where 22" came from. (Can anybody corroborate that?) What was a huge difference was that I was able to pull them on immediately without any pre-stretching at all. And I have a 38" waist and 44" hips! Frankly, I'm amazed at the stretchiness of these GoodNites, which is far beyond any I've tried before. Assuming I did get the latest kind (I'll post some pictures in the next day or two and we can crowd-source the answer), then these are, in my opinion, a major improvement from a fit standpoint.

That said, they still leaked. As always, the crotch width on these just isn't enough for me, and I end up with gapping. D'oh!

So I won't be stocking up on these, but still... hmmm... They have probably bested UnderJams in my book, at least in terms of fit.

This larger girth is what I experienced on my latest order, Cottontail. Like you, I was surprised. They returned to the Ninja and camo-skateboarder, or whatever that is, plus it has underwear seams and a fake fly printed on them. Seems crazy to me but then I'm not a grade school aged kid.

I like underjams more. However if I wear Underjams overnight the sides have a higher chance of over stretching and tearing on one side then pampers babydry /s 6 so...But I've only had one box of them so could of been bad batch. Speaking of bad batches, as far as the 22" thing goes. That could of been a measuring issue or a bad batch.