Disability and Being a "Little" or "Adult Baby"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had some kind of learning disability all my life but only last year I was diagnosed with having aspergers syndrome, and also something else that I did not know about called Dyspraxia, that explains why i was such a clumsy child and had to have special grips for my knife and fork and pens and pencils at school. I do wonder if any of my aspergers or dyspraxia may contribute to me being a ab, I know that i am very sensitive to touch and smells and sounds and there are lots of aspects in that in being a baby. When i was younger and at school when my dyspraxia seemed to affect me more some of the girls kind of babied me because i struggled with some things like doing up my shoelaces and buttons and fiddly things. And from what i have read many people with aspergers had potty training issues, I found out from my mum I was in nappies for quite a while, although nowadays they would probably not see it as a problem, back in the late 70's/ early 90's mothers seemed to be under a lot of pressure to get their kids trained, there were certainly no such thing as pull ups or underjams/goodnites back then and preschools/nurseries did not accept me as I was still in nappies, big bulky terry towelling nappies and plastic pants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back