Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just my luck... -_-*

Unhappy Just my luck... -_-*

Well I had a decent Yu-Gi-Oh deck, but it has vanished into thin air. Nobody in the house has seen it, and I know cards can not get up and just walk the heck away. I had probably easily spent $120-$180 to get the cards I had in that deck. It literally freaking irritates me. How in the heck do I play now? All of the other decks I have are either too expensive to finish, Character decks that will lose before I can draw a card, or pieces of crap thrown together out of the random cards I actually have. I am about to seriously cry I am so pissed off about it. Before you start in with "They are just cards get the heck over it" let me tell you that they are more than "just cards" to me.

Sorry if I seem like I am just one bad thing after another, but that is just life at the moment.

If you think they've just gone missing, I'd suggest having a serious hunt for them. Looking through the whole apartment/house for something can get tiresome, but if the cards mean that much to you, then it's worth the effort for the possibility (perhaps even probability) of finding them.

If you suspect that someone within the house has moved or removed them, I'd definitely take up the issue. I know from your prior posts that your relationship with family isn't the most cordial, and that you don't enjoy conflict - but neither of those things should stop you from trying to retrieve possessions which are rightfully yours, if you believe that they might be missing because of someone else's actions.

I'm not going to tell you that they're "just cards", nor do I think anyone else on ADISC will, because whilst a Yu-Gi-Oh deck might not mean much to me, it's clear that these items have an important financial and personal value to you. I hope you manage to find/retrieve them!

Thanks, I have looked all over the house. I have asked everyone if they had seen it, or moved it. I have told them how important they are to me, and reminded them to how many times they have complained when I bought cards. I asked to keep an eye out for it. I just don't think it is in the house anymore. Either someone threw it away, or they were stolen. I have one other friend who plays the game, but he isn't a thief.(or I hope he isn't.. maybe I left them over there I am going to ask him later.) If I can't find them, the only other options are to sell the other cards I have to attempt to buy all the ones I had in that deck over again, sell all of my cards and stop playing, or just get over it and accept the fact that I am never going to see that deck again.

oh they will show up one day when u are not looking for them because I too lost something it was a arm for this 1 model for Warhammer 40k that I personally painted the arm and known that I put it in my bag but can't find it now.

Quote Originally Posted by secretlynappied89 View Post
    oh they will show up one day when u are not looking for them because I too lost something it was a arm for this 1 model for Warhammer 40k that I personally painted the arm and known that I put it in my bag but can't find it now.
    I hope you find if you haven't already. I asked my sister and she told me exactly where to look. She started laughing when I finally found them, and then apologized for hiding them. She knows better than that, but she still gets a kick out of annoying her older brother... oh well I guess that is what little sisters are for right? I finally found them after about 3 weeks of searching..

I know this won't help you feel better, but when I was a kid, back in teh 50s, I collected baseball cards and especially the Yankees. One day my mom threw them out. She was always throwing out the things she thought I should have outgrown. But here's the thing. This was the team of Mickey Mantel, Roger Maris, Yogi Berra, and the sad and expensive list goes on.

So yeah, these things have meaning to us. Now, all my childhood idols are dead and gone, and so are my cards, damn it. Perhaps it's a lesson on loss, that eventually, we start to lose all the things that have deep personal meaning to our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I know this won't help you feel better, but when I was a kid, back in teh 50s, I collected baseball cards and especially the Yankees. One day my mom threw them out. She was always throwing out the things she thought I should have outgrown. But here's the thing. This was the team of Mickey Mantel, Roger Maris, Yogi Berra, and the sad and expensive list goes on.

So yeah, these things have meaning to us. Now, all my childhood idols are dead and gone, and so are my cards, damn it. Perhaps it's a lesson on loss, that eventually, we start to lose all the things that have deep personal meaning to our lives.
    we kept Juniors cards. He had forgotten about them. I gave them back to him after he got married and bought a house. That should mean stable, right? I know nothing about card values, but I did see an Ozzie Guillen rookie card. That's at least interesting if not valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    we kept Juniors cards. He had forgotten about them. I gave them back to him after he got married and bought a house. That should mean stable, right? I know nothing about card values, but I did see an Ozzie Guillen rookie card. That's at least interesting if not valuable.
    You're a good father, Maxx. I still have a ton of my son's cards at our house. We keep asking him to get his stuff, but it stays in our home. Haha...maybe I should cash them in, some sort of Karma like justice. Of course, we love him, and he's getting married in March. After that, he can get his stuff. Actually, the kids will inherit our house when we die. Then they'll have to come and get their stuff. That's Karma too.

Quote Originally Posted by BronyPony1418 View Post
    I hope you find if you haven't already. I asked my sister and she told me exactly where to look. She started laughing when I finally found them, and then apologized for hiding them. She knows better than that, but she still gets a kick out of annoying her older brother... oh well I guess that is what little sisters are for right? I finally found them after about 3 weeks of searching..
    I'm glad you found them, man. Siblings; what can you do? :P So, what are you running right now?

It is mostly just a miss match of random cards that seem to work. It is my main XYZ deck. It started from the dawn of XYZ starter into what it is now. After countless countless packs, decks, and trading like crazy I ended up with the deck I have now. I will write it all down.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay now before you read the card list, and rip me a new one.. I did say that it was a miss match of cards.. also would like to mention I am a casual player. (I would never be good enough for competitive play)
    -Main Deck-

-Monsters-
    X2 Cyber Dragon
    X2 Alexandrite Dragon
    X2 Sacred Crane
    GaGaGa Magician
    GaGaGa Girl
    GaGaGa Gardna
    GoGoGo Golem
    GoGoGo Giant
    GoGoGo Gigas
    Achacha Archer
    Achacha Chanbara
    Cardcar D
    Rescue Rabbit
    Goblindbergh
    Ganbara Knight
    Kagetokage
    Marauding Captain

-Spells-
    X2 Mystical Space Typhoon
    Blustering Winds
    XYZ Energy
    The Warrior Returning Alive
    Pot Of Duality
    One Day Of Peace
    Wonder Wand
    Swords Of Revealing Light
    Dark Hole
    Pot Of Dichotomy
    Rank Up Magic Limited Barian's Force

-Traps-
    X2 Mirror Force
    Nitwit Outwit
    Black Horn Of Heaven
    Negate Attack
    Sakuretsu Armor
    Torrential Tribute
    Call Of The Haunted
    Raigeki Break
    Bottomless Trap Hole
    Dust Tornado

-Extra Deck-
    X2 Number 39: Utopia
    Number C39: Utopia Ray
    Number C39: Utopia Ray V
    Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
    One Eyed Skill Gainer
    Photon Strike Bounzer
    Number 61: Volcasaurus
    Thunder End Dragon
    Number 10: Illumiknight
    Number 20: Giga-brilliant
    Shining Elf
    Shark Fortess

So that is the deck I was so worried about... I know now after reading this someone will tell me it was better off lost. I don't have the money to spend on cards like I used to, so this is the best I can do with what I have. That is why I don't have a competitive deck, they are too expensive. The way I see it, who cares about being competitive anyways? It is a game, they are meant to be fun.