Medium Bambinos are back in stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLMunky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As the title says Bambinos are back in stock. I have been waiting impatiently for Teddys to return since December. Yesterday I ordered a case of Teddys, yay!!

Good to know - I've been wanting medium Teddys too. Thanks! :biggrin:

And they have (yet again) gone up in price!

See everyone over at NorthShore Care! :p

Dan09 said:

I'd hope they go up in price. They keep selling out out of stock completely. Basic supply and demand says that they're undercharging.

Sucks they went up, why couldn't they just order more diapers? I don't normally wear AB diapers because they are so darn expensive and the fact they offer less in a case.

ArchieRoni said:
I'd hope they go up in price. They keep selling out out of stock completely. Basic supply and demand says that they're undercharging.

Their stocking problems are partly due to the demand. But that's not to say that they have a lousy model in constantly causing loyal customers the frustration of going out of stock every so often.

Selling out of an entire stock is nice I'm sure. But the lost revenue and customer base in the (occasionally very long) periods where they're out of stock...it's just mind boggling stupid. Raising the price on top of all that is a step too far.

Anyways, on to NorthShore Supremes for me.

I don't need AB diapers anyway. If I want stickers, I can make my own. Just put some on and then put mailing tape over them to hold them in place. I can find Hallmark stickers in second hand stores and I have a bunch at home.

Dan09 said:

Bambinos are not the only ones going up in price this year! Though I do find it disturbing that they were out of stock when they increased the price! In my mind they are worth the few extra cents per diaper and are not as expensive as other diapers for the quality.

Dan09 said:
Their stocking problems are partly due to the demand. But that's not to say that they have a lousy model in constantly causing loyal customers the frustration of going out of stock every so often.

Selling out of an entire stock is nice I'm sure. But the lost revenue and customer base in the (occasionally very long) periods where they're out of stock...it's just mind boggling stupid. Raising the price on top of all that is a step too far.

That doesn't make sense economically. You're right about the first part, they should have more stock, they're losing out on sales. However, there are various reasons that could be an issue for them, including everything from warehouse size and costs to concerns about the expenditure of large upfront orders, to simple supply chain problems. If you assume that, for one reason or another, they're not able to increase their supply in a short timeframe, raising the price makes economic sense.

ArchieRoni said:
I'd hope they go up in price...

The only bad thing about this is that there are some people who make less money than before and these things go up in price would have to wait longer than usual just to obtain these although they would have more in stock. Life does not need to be a luxury for some people who already have a tough time on a bind.

They can improve their demand of course and you need money to make stuff. Does that mean they hardly make money when making the supplies?

Snivy said:
The only bad thing about this is that there are some people who make less money than before and these things go up in price would have to wait longer than usual just to obtain these although they would have more in stock. Life does not need to be a luxury for some people who already have a tough time on a bind.

They can improve their demand of course and you need money to make stuff. Does that mean they hardly make money when making the supplies?

When I said hope, I meant more like "I hope that people are rational." Something that sells out, logically, should either increase supply or go up in price (or both). It sucks for all of us buying them, but it would be kinda crazy of Bambino not to raise their prices if they're constantly selling out of stock anyway. People will still buy them and Bambino will have more money to develop better suppliers (or just to buy food because costs of everything go up all the time).

Dan09 said:

Just so you know, everything goes up in price over time. From ordering a hamburger to buying a car. I'm sure the rental rates for storing these diapers, the costs of materials for these diapers, as well as the shipping rates to send these diapers to customers are all increasing steadily over the years. How can you assume a price increase is unjustified when you don't know the costs incurred behind the business?

There is a large line-up of different products Bambino has available, and in multiple sizes. On average they get anywhere from 50 to 100 orders a day (I judged this by my invoice numbers vs. time elapsed between). They probably have a limited amount of space to store all these items at any given time (probably don't afford to rent a massive warehouse in Redwood City - it's expensive). Despite the limited capacity and high demand, I'm sure they do everything they can to keep their inventory replenished but it's like walking a tightrope.

jeremyi said:
Just so you know, everything goes up in price over time. From ordering a hamburger to buying a car. I'm sure the rental rates for storing these diapers, the costs of materials for these diapers, as well as the shipping rates to send these diapers to customers are all increasing steadily over the years. How can you assume a price increase is unjustified when you don't know the costs incurred behind the business?

There is a large line-up of different products Bambino has available, and in multiple sizes. On average they get anywhere from 50 to 100 orders a day (I judged this by my invoice numbers vs. time elapsed between). They probably have a limited amount of space to store all these items at any given time (probably don't afford to rent a massive warehouse in Redwood City - it's expensive). Despite the limited capacity and high demand, I'm sure they do everything they can to keep their inventory replenished but it's like walking a tightrope.

They cant raise the price too high or people will look else where. Its already a niche product to begin with. I could go else where and get a better value I.E Northshore care on its surpreme diapers.

I never tried/used Bambino as the price is just a tad too much for what you are getting.

For their Bellissimo diapers 42 dollars for 16 diapers thats quite expensive. These are clearly not for everyday use (Unless you were rich as Bill Gates). What makes them so expensive compared to other websites? I know these are made just for the ABDL community but these are a bit low on value.

2.63 dollars per Diaper. What are these diapers made of super gold laced diamond sap hyper quantum absorbent polymers?

They ran out last year and I freaked out. I keep 3 cases ahead and won't let it happen again. I also have an extra. case of Comficare for backup.

Heh maybe Bambino will notice a decrease in their sales but maybe that is their intent?

jeremyi said:

Frankly, I don't care about their difficulties in maintaining stock or boo-booing over expensive rental costs. That's not how a business should operate where they have to justify their own shortcomings (in this case, in maintaining stock) by punishing the end user. Unless you have a stranglehold monopoly on the market, that's just not how things work. And while bambino may be involved in a niche market, they are certainly NOT the only option out there. This is something they'd do well to consider.

Hell, in just the last few months a few really great newcomers have come into the field that are, in my eyes, competing with the likes of bambino in a way.

And their response is to raise prices, and continue to have stock problems? No thanks.

Also, while its not based in Cali, or even the west coast--and has nothing to do with diapers--I do know very well the fundamentals of a similar business model that imports large volumes of product from overseas (China) via a longtime family business. I also work exclusively in international shipping at an enormous air hub. Shipping and rental costs in general are much more predictable and static than you might think, especially when you have a long term, fairly regular and consistent cycle of purchasing going on. In recent months, the prices have most certainly not gone up as far as shipping goes. Although I can't speak for the raw materials that go into making diapers.

ArchieRoni said:

I think the problem is they only order more when they get close to running out.

- - - Updated - - -

PaddedBossman said:
For their Bellissimo diapers 42 dollars for 16 diapers thats quite expensive. These are clearly not for everyday use (Unless you were rich as Bill Gates). What makes them so expensive compared to other websites? I know these are made just for the ABDL community but these are a bit low on value.

2.63 dollars per Diaper. What are these diapers made of super gold laced diamond sap hyper quantum absorbent polymers?

cases are 48 diapers not 16. You save more ordering a full case, like I think about 15 or 20% more.

medium bellissimo cases break down to about 2.02 USD for me and given how long they last and how comfortable they are for me, I think they are worth it.

Dan09 said:
Frankly, I don't care about their difficulties in maintaining stock or boo-booing over expensive rental costs. That's not how a business should operate where they have to justify their own shortcomings (in this case, in maintaining stock) by punishing the end user. Unless you have a stranglehold monopoly on the market, that's just not how things work. And while bambino may be involved in a niche market, they are certainly NOT the only option out there. This is something they'd do well to consider.

Hell, in just the last few months a few really great newcomers have come into the field that are, in my eyes, competing with the likes of bambino in a way.

And their response is to raise prices, and continue to have stock problems? No thanks.

Also, while its not based in Cali, or even the west coast--and has nothing to do with diapers--I do know very well the fundamentals of a similar business model that imports large volumes of product from overseas (China) via a longtime family business. I also work exclusively in international shipping at an enormous air hub. Shipping and rental costs in general are much more predictable and static than you might think, especially when you have a long term, fairly regular and consistent cycle of purchasing going on. In recent months, the prices have most certainly not gone up as far as shipping goes. Although I can't speak for the raw materials that go into making diapers.

Well I can't really speak for their inventory problems. I'm just speculating. As for increased cost, I'm 99% sure it's tied to increased domestic shipping costs. I know almost every year, shipping rates go up for FedEx, USPS, and UPS. The costs are insane these days, especially when you're sending from Cali to the east coast? Forget it. The weight and dimensions of a Bellissimo case will set you back at least $35 just for FedEx Ground. Bambino may boast "free shipping", but in no way is shipping free.

PaddedBossman said:
They cant raise the price too high or people will look else where. Its already a niche product to begin with. I could go else where and get a better value I.E Northshore care on its surpreme diapers.

I never tried/used Bambino as the price is just a tad too much for what you are getting.

Seriously, you are going to compare Bambinos to NorthShoreCare supremes and you have never even tried Bambinos?
I'm sick and tired of everyone acting like NorthShore supremes are a gift from God! Unlike you I have tried/used both diapers YOU are talking about! Bambinos are a niche product yet they are constantly sold out, must mean they are horrible diapers (like supremes)! Almost everyone in the AB/DL world; LOVES, buys, wears and recommends Bambinos, that SHOULD tell you they are doing something right! I'm not even going to list off the winning features between the two because Bambino wins them all! Plus it's like comparing apples to oranges and that's just ridiculous!

As far as prices between the two:
NorthShore supremes (Size Med.)
case of 60 (88.94) = $1.48 each
Teddy/Classico/Bianco (Size Med.)
case of 48 ($71.04) = $1.48 each
Bellissimo (Size Med.)
case of 48 ($93.60) = $1.95 each

In my opinion every other ABDL diaper is a niche product that is "low on value" for the cost, except for Fabines and DC. Lets compare prices of the top AB/DL diapers:

ABUNIVERSE (INCLUDING S&H)
Cushies (Size Med.)
case of 80 ($152.78) = $1.91 each
Super Dry Kids (Size Med.)
case of 80 ($144.78) = $1.81 each

DIAPER CONNOISSEUR (Incl. S&H)
DC Amor (Size Med.) (+1 niche)
case of 48 ($99.98) = $2.08 each
Fabine Exklusiv (Med.)
case of 80 ($276.98) = $3.46 each
case of 48 ($189.98) = $3.96 each

AWWSOCUTE (Incl. S&H)
Pink Teddy Bears (with 25% off code)
order of 50 ($148.75) = $2.98 each

SNUGGIES Waddler ($10 S&H)
Order of 50 ($95.00) = $1.90 each

The only diapers I know come close to Bambinos are: Fabines and DC Amor (both more expensive) . I only have one Awwsocute diaper and have not used/tested it yet. Snuggies and ABUs hold as much as crappy store brands but look better while not doing their job (absorbing).
In conclusion Bambinos are not over priced, low end junk. They are way too cheap for the high end quality you receive and are better than almost every other offering both AB/DL and medical.

DLMunky said:
Seriously, you are going to compare Bambinos to NorthShoreCare supremes and you have never even tried Bambinos?
I'm sick and tired of everyone acting like NorthShore supremes are a gift from God! Unlike you I have tried/used both diapers YOU are talking about! Bambinos are a niche product yet they are constantly sold out, must mean they are horrible diapers (like supremes)! Almost everyone in the AB/DL world; LOVES, buys, wears and recommends Bambinos, that SHOULD tell you they are doing something right! I'm not even going to list off the winning features between the two because Bambino wins them all! Plus it's like comparing apples to oranges and that's just ridiculous!

As far as prices between the two:
NorthShore supremes (Size Med.)
case of 60 (88.94) = $1.48 each
Teddy/Classico/Bianco (Size Med.)
case of 48 ($71.04) = $1.48 each
Bellissimo (Size Med.)
case of 48 ($93.60) = $1.95 each

In my opinion every other ABDL diaper is a niche product that is "low on value" for the cost, except for Fabines and DC. Lets compare prices of the top AB/DL diapers:

ABUNIVERSE (INCLUDING S&H)
Cushies (Size Med.)
case of 80 ($152.78) = $1.91 each
Super Dry Kids (Size Med.)
case of 80 ($144.78) = $1.81 each

DIAPER CONNOISSEUR (Incl. S&H)
DC Amor (Size Med.) (+1 niche)
case of 48 ($99.98) = $2.08 each
Fabine Exklusiv (Med.)
case of 80 ($276.98) = $3.46 each
case of 48 ($189.98) = $3.96 each

AWWSOCUTE (Incl. S&H)
Pink Teddy Bears (with 25% off code)
order of 50 ($148.75) = $2.98 each

SNUGGIES Waddler ($10 S&H)
Order of 50 ($95.00) = $1.90 each

The only diapers I know come close to Bambinos are: Fabines and DC Amor (both more expensive) . I only have one Awwsocute diaper and have not used/tested it yet. Snuggies and ABUs hold as much as crappy store brands but look better while not doing their job (absorbing).
In conclusion Bambinos are not over priced, low end junk. They are way too cheap for the high end quality you receive and are better than almost every other offering both AB/DL and medical.

Bambinos are too expensive. If they are cheap to you what would make them expensive? 5 Dollars per diaper? A Pack of 20 cost 100 dollars,200 dollars? 1000 dollars for 20???

If you want me to try bambinos toss some cash my way and Ill write a review for you. I dont have the F***ing cash to buy Bambinos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back