Why Goodnites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soakingboy said:
Hello there StormTroper.

Different people will give you different reasons... Some might say that they like how cute the look. Some might say they are really easy to find in supermarkets, and are less embarrassing to buy than adult diapers. Some might say they fit nicely under clothing. Some might say they don't really use their diapers so much, rather just prefer to have some discreet padding on. And so on.

With so many people on here there are going to be lots of different tastes and preferences. I agree, for pure absorption and practical reasons, Goodnites are terrible. But I will also say that they can look rather adorable on a girl's butt :) take care.
A.

That basically sums all the posts after that up. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose. I'm really more of an adult diaper person than a pullup person, so, I'm not really into Goodnites.

Also, did anyone wear the Goodnites made in 2000-2004ish? I'm pretty sure those are the ones I wore as a kid for bedwetting, but didn't like them too much.

Jamieboy said:
Yes, they do! Depend RealFits are about as close as you can come to finding a similar pull-up FOR ADULTS (as in, no childish designs...).

I'm not sure why they (RF's) get no traction, in our community, but you can lead a horse to the trough....

OK, so before anyone gets on their high horse, let's remember, we all have different levels of wear that we're able to use & get away with. FOR ME, I learned how to control myself enough to have the fun of wearing, still being able to pee bits, at my leisure (need), and be wearing "a diaper" (though some even dispute if a pullup is a diaper). I think it's all a matter of semantics. If someone else noticed my Real Fit, would they ask my why I'm wearing an adult incontinent garment, or would they just ask, "why are you wearing a diaper???". Likely, it would be the latter.

As for not having designs on them, RF's could be modified with stickers/markers, just as easily as other diapers, but I'm not going to get caught in something silly, if it's an ambulance driver, or E.R. tech/Dr. noticing my underwear choices, but still... If anything else can be made more "babyish", then why not these??? And, let's not make the mistake of buying other Depend pull-up products> RealFits come in the BOX only, but are available at WallyWorlds around the country. That's also what makes them a great choice; you can go 5 miles, to your nearest WallyWorld, and have a box, for about $12. Period! No online orders necessary; no figuring how to get the mail picked up before anyone else wonders what's in the box on the porch, etc.

Depend RealFits, guys! If you just have to pee every diaper you wear to the max, then maybe you should choose something else. These are great at giving you the option of peeing your pants, taking the edge off, running around in a wet diaper (yes, I said it!), and wearing multiples, to give you some extra mileage, without detection.

- - - Updated - - -

...and, yes, in the mid '90's, I wore the original Goodnites (can we call them the OGn's???), and they had a much higher profile, and absorbed fairly decent, even for a 200lb guy. I'd hit the side panels with a blow dryer, to relax them a bit, so they wouldn't tear, but I could wear & use one all day long, with dribbles. Then, they redesigned them, shortening the pant, which left me with a bit of plumber's crack, which just didn't work for me. Cute, yes, but I'm all about FIT & FUNCTION, too.

- - - Updated - - -

As I already mentioned, Depend REALFITS fulfill all of these criteria, but they just get overlooked all the time. Easily available, affordable, absorbent, ABDL, not granny/grampy panties, etc. The ONLY ISSUE is they just come in blue/gray, but who cares??? They're covered up, while you're wearing them!

My experience with Depend Real Fits, is that they are nothing more than a featureless granny panty. Besides, I spoke with KC, and they told me that I am better off with Goodnites because of the loose fit on the Depend product. I wear Goodnites when I am at my optimal functioning level. They hold up well over many hours of wear, which is something I cannot say for any of the Bambino, Abena, or DryCare products. However, as I have explained on many of my other posts, tactile feedback is limited and there are times when I have to transfer to a regular diaper instead.

Other people have answered perfectly well, so I'll just add a quick thought that hasn't been mentioned yet:

Advertising.

To put it simply, Goodnites (or in my case, Drynites), are the only nappy that I can wear that I'm likely to see any TV advertising for. No other brand puts so much effort into branding, into packaging. It would be naïve of me to think that I (or any of us) are beyond the advertisers' grasp; advertising does work.

We like nappies, therefore we like Goodnites. Millions of dollars well spent!

It seems this subject has already been fairly covered, but I'll throw my 2 cents in even though how I feel about them has already been discussed.

I understand what the OP is saying. I prefer and generally use diapers when I wear since I find they're usually a bit softer/puffier than pull-ups and they usually function better.

However I also like and wear goodnites every now and then since they're convenient. They're cheaper than most diapers, they're easy to put on and take off, I personally like the designs, and they do have a connection with some of our childhoods which is part of the reason some of us wear/regress in the first place.

Diapers aren't better than pull-ups and pull-ups aren't better than diapers. Like most things it comes down to personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back