Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Goodnites?

Question Why Goodnites?

I don't mean to sound rude here, but just hear me out for a bit.

While browsing our lovely support forum here, I come across threads about Goodnites more often than I'd like. My question is: why are some people seemingly obsessed with these things? Last time I wore them (when I was 7 or so), they didn't feel too good and the absorption wasn't too good either. Yes, they were actual Goodnites, not the generic store brand.
    Again, sorry for being rude. I'm just curious.

Hello there StormTroper.

Different people will give you different reasons... Some might say that they like how cute the look. Some might say they are really easy to find in supermarkets, and are less embarrassing to buy than adult diapers. Some might say they fit nicely under clothing. Some might say they don't really use their diapers so much, rather just prefer to have some discreet padding on. And so on.

With so many people on here there are going to be lots of different tastes and preferences. I agree, for pure absorption and practical reasons, Goodnites are terrible. But I will also say that they can look rather adorable on a girl's butt :-) take care.
    A.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    You might as well ask "why diapers?"
    Well, I don't think you can actually say that. As both questions are not even remotely similar.

I can understand why the OP asks because I also have wondered the same thing. I get that it can be hard to get a hold of something better, but I have seen people actually talk about GoodNites like as if they are a good product.

There is a difference between something being convenient to get, and something actually being a good product.

Any time I get GoodNites, they tend to be so bad that I soon regret my purchase. So I don't think there is anything wrong with asking such a question. In fact, asking questions is the only way we can understand one another

Quote Originally Posted by Soakingboy View Post
    Hello there StormTroper.

Different people will give you different reasons... Some might say that they like how cute the look. Some might say they are really easy to find in supermarkets, and are less embarrassing to buy than adult diapers. Some might say they fit nicely under clothing. Some might say they don't really use their diapers so much, rather just prefer to have some discreet padding on. And so on.

With so many people on here there are going to be lots of different tastes and preferences. I agree, for pure absorption and practical reasons, Goodnites are terrible. But I will also say that they can look rather adorable on a girl's butt :-) take care.
    A.
    All very good points.

I like them and I wear them because I think they're cute, and they don't make adult pull ups that are anywhere close.

For me the obsession is asthetic. They're just cute an they're meant for looking not using.

Easy to find, cute, discreet and easy to hide, convenient to wear, and one of the biggest kid-sized diapers out there. I don't prefer them because as you suggested, I find a diaper that can fully protect and fit you properly outmatches any other option, but I can see where the appeal comes from. If I were smaller and could wear them more comfortably I'd give them a try more often. It's a shame they don't make a similar diaper with a widened midsection and more SAP in adult size.

It will be interesting to see how long the love affair with GoodNites lasts now that the largest size is on par with baby diapers. Before this latest iteration, GoodNites L/XL was a good 2" longer than Pampers Baby Dry 6. Now it's the same length, and a third narrower in the crotch than a baby diaper. This leaves us without any off-the-shelf option that's in between baby diapers and adult diapers, size-wise. Major bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    Well, I don't think you can actually say that. As both questions are not even remotely similar.

I can understand why the OP asks because I also have wondered the same thing. I get that it can be hard to get a hold of something better, but I have seen people actually talk about GoodNites like as if they are a good product.

There is a difference between something being convenient to get, and something actually being a good product.

Any time I get GoodNites, they tend to be so bad that I soon regret my purchase. So I don't think there is anything wrong with asking such a question. In fact, asking questions is the only way we can understand one another

All very good points.
    The comparison seems apt to me when talking to any ABDL whose interest isn't based in practicality. We have irrational attractions to these things and who's to say or explain why one grabs the attention while another doesn't? For those who like them, they are a good product. It's a self-reinforcing cycle and justifying the attraction is as fruitless as doing it for diapers.

Why ?

Tinkerbell. on a diaper I can wear.

'nuff said !

Long version :
    Goodnites are big training pants for bedwetters making them an easy to fit in pull-ups style diaper.
    In most culture, adult diapers are linked to old people, diseases or handicap while goodnites have that touch of youngfulness, they are what you use on a child who hasn't totally grown out of his/her bedwetting (a "baby behavior").
    So, they are better to feel younger : cute design, nice packaging, you buy them at the baby diaper aisle not the incontinence aisle,...

Also, they are perfect for potty training roleplay.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    The comparison seems apt to me when talking to any ABDL whose interest isn't based in practicality. We have irrational attractions to these things and who's to say or explain why one grabs the attention while another doesn't? For those who like them, they are a good product. It's a self-reinforcing cycle and justifying the attraction is as fruitless as doing it for diapers.
    Right but the answers you will get differ greatly between the two is all I am saying. Though do I get where you are coming from.