Rare and Ironic Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAaron

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, I was sitting in the library today at my University, when to my great surprise a group of people sitting at a table near me started talking about. . . .you guessed it . . .adult babies.

It was not just a casual conversation either, they were having a full blown academic debate on the topic. Little did they know, someone like me was sitting only a couple tables away, padded purely for convienence, and could have answered, or at least given my opinion, on a few of their points.

However, I remained silent and laughed to myself at the irony of what transpired. We AB/DLs usually fear what the people we know may think about even mentioning the topic, yet these people had a discussion about it in a public place, where I am sure others besides myself heard them.

Interesting. In which way was the conversation going, accepting or ugly?

Neither really . . .pretty much purely facts on the "condition" and common arguments for and against it.

They were academic and professional about it, perhaps as a subject for a speech/debate class, maybe even for some psych class, idk. One introduced the topic with a brief explanation. The other asked questions, sometimes making a comment, while the first responded.

I did not catch all of it, as I could not hear them real well and did not want to draw attention to myself.

When other people start talking about ABDL or diaper related subjects I always feel a bit awkward and self-conscious, as if other people are somehow looking at me. I usually just keep to myself as I don't want to unnecessary attention to myself.

Wow, that is pretty unique. If you were somewhere near the psych department or maybe where they have a humanities class, I would guess that they were all told to get in groups and debate a topic.

What I would do in this situation, walk in the opposite direction; What I want others to do in this situation, sit down at the table and join in the conversation.

I think it would have been interesting to hear this

LittleAaron said:
So, I was sitting in the library today at my University, when to my great surprise a group of people sitting at a table near me started talking about. . . .you guessed it . . .adult babies.

It was not just a casual conversation either, they were having a full blown academic debate on the topic. Little did they know, someone like me was sitting only a couple tables away, padded purely for convienence, and could have answered, or at least given my opinion, on a few of their points.

However, I remained silent and laughed to myself at the irony of what transpired. We AB/DLs usually fear what the people we know may think about even mentioning the topic, yet these people had a discussion about it in a public place, where I am sure others besides myself heard them.

Hi LittleAaron,
I believe opportunities come our way in life & we either choose to participate in the experience or not. I personally would have joined the conversation & bounced off their ideas. I would not have divulged any personal information on my own private lifestyle within the Ab/ Dl community but I would have shared what I have learnt from my own personal experiences. Its not everyday we get to participate in such an experience, outside the Ab/ Dl community. Certainly an interesting day for you which I am sure you would not have expected when you woke up this morning :giggles: :cloud9:

I have been around groups of people and heard people talk about at my college. I have found that most of them laugh at it, make fun of it and they voice extreme displeasure against it. Whenever it comes up I stay quiet and say nothing about it. The whole time I'm thinking how different would they treat me if they somehow knew I was an adult baby. So I keep quiet and I don't tell anybody.

I was around when a couple of my friends from 6th form started to watch the Riley Kilo episode on "My Strange Addiction"...it was a little strange to be a couple meters away whilst they were commenting on it (as far as I remember, they didn't actually say anything negative - it was more like "oh, so people do this then? Okay, fine")

Does that count?

.....pwease? :p

GoldenHoneyMummy said:
Hi LittleAaron,
I believe opportunities come our way in life & we either choose to participate in the experience or not. I personally would have joined the conversation & bounced off their ideas. I would not have divulged any personal information on my own private lifestyle within the Ab/ Dl community but I would have shared what I have learnt from my own personal experiences. Its not everyday we get to participate in such an experience, outside the Ab/ Dl community. Certainly an interesting day for you which I am sure you would not have expected when you woke up this morning :giggles: :cloud9:

This was definetly not the right time to share my interests.

In fact, I never want the general public to know about my interests. They do not need to know, and I certainly have no reason for them to "accept" me. I do not even want my family to know. I know for a fact that it would make life extremely awkward and uncomfortable if they did know.

I am a diaper lover that believes in using diapers for practical reasons. Although open to a few other baby-like comforts, I have not explored further yet. The only thing people need to think or believe, should they find out I am or have worn a diaper, is that it is for a medical reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back