Status
Not open for further replies.

PaciPilot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
After a long process fighting with the university, dealing with two different flight instructors, and scheduling issues, I finally got my instrument rating added to my pilot's license. The written exam was brutal, and I figured that since I only got a 73% on it, and I took it in August, that my oral exam would be just as bad. However, it was an insanely easy oral exam that only lasted about 2.5 hours (my friends' all lasted 4+) followed with a 1.5 hour flight to demonstrate my abilities. I can now fly into bad weather! At least, when its safe to do so...

Congratulations! Now you can fly through the clouds so to speak. As someone without any flying experience, I have always had an admiration for just how much pilots need to learn in order to even get a private rating, let alone move on from there.

Congrats! Very cool! way to perform on the oral and practical!

Congrats from a Aviation buff myself. Keep up the good work and build your hours up so you can take it to the next level then the next. Maybe we can get a adisc chapter at EAA Oshkosh eh? We can take a page from Delta Airlines and call the chapter DL LOL. Now if the government will get out of the way of the G.A. Crowd we would be better. FYI For those who do ride sharing by air the FAA is a cometh for ya. They are calling you a commercial airline like the big boys. We all need to call our lawmakers and get them to put a stop to the FAA putting their nose where it aint to belong at.
Remember the golden rule always fly the plane first maintain control at all times .

I know those tests are touch as my dad flew, one of my best friends and my son-in-law. So congratulations!

PaciPilot two-one-zero, turn right heading one-five-zero for traffic, climb and maintain one-five-thousand, report reaching, squawk two seven seven one, reduce speed to one two zero knots, contact Minneaopolis Center at one one seven point niner.

But seriously, congratulations. As a pilot and former air traffic controller, I understand the accomplishment. :detective3

Cool...I've been flying since 1981 and got my instrument about ten years ago. Hard part is keeping it current. Now go fly :)

The hard part is having the cashflow to buy enough gas to keep flying. I dont know about you guys but 100LL avgas is nearly $7 a gallon where i live, and even a little Cessna 172 burns a lot of cash per hour.

Necron681 said:
The hard part is having the cashflow to buy enough gas to keep flying. I dont know about you guys but 100LL avgas is nearly $7 a gallon where i live, and even a little Cessna 172 burns a lot of cash per hour.

Congratulations on that instrument rating, not an easy or inexpensive thing to achieve.
Price of avgas is what finally did me in too. I enthusiastically got my private about 13 years ago but eventually the cost of rentals and gas got out of control. On top of all that, my wife, who doesn't like flying commercial, wouldn't go near Cessna. I spent eight years circling my home area alone without being able to go on any flying trips with her.
Did Oshgosh one year and it was fantastic.

Congrats on your IFR. I find it interesting so many pilots on here. In relation to cost of flying my wife and I bought a c150 12 months ago and it's stc'd for Mogas which makes it much more affordable. The little 150 has many limitations but a great machine for committing aviation on a tight budget.

Biggles said:
Congrats on your IFR. I find it interesting so many pilots on here. In relation to cost of flying my wife and I bought a c150 12 months ago and it's stc'd for Mogas which makes it much more affordable. The little 150 has many limitations but a great machine for committing aviation on a tight budget.

My father and I are thinking of buying a plane this summer. He's fairly dead set on a Cessna 172, but I got my private in a Warrior (where I fell in love with the gear), did 34 hours in a Piper Arrow (where I fell in love with the Hershey Bar wing), and I really want a Cherokee 180. Anything we get is going to be IFR certified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back