Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just can't understand!

Reword

Default I just can't understand!

I really got involved in this community when I started dating a girl who was a tbdl. I was very fascinated. I only was ever the caretaker but she always talked about diapers like they were the greatest thing in the world which made me want to try. I never have bc I just don't see how an undergarment could be so great. Like, it's just thicker underwear right? I've done make shifts and honestly I don't see the hubbub. But I can't get the thought out of my head sometimes. Also, almost weekly I see a license plate that has "dpr" on it. Like the world is taunting me about something I can't wrap my head around. Also, I'm OCD so this won't go away till I got an answer lol. Haha. Maybe y'all can help me understand.

Fetishes usually don't make sense. People try to rationalize them (comfort, security, etc) or find causes of them (abuse, early associations of love, etc) or play them off as a side effect of some other fetish (plastic fetish, blanket fetish, "softness" fetish, etc), and I guess sometimes you can, but I think usually it's just plain random.

Personally I think life's too short to worry about it. If you enjoy something, and it's not hurting anyone or having an overly negative effect on your own life, why not just go for it. As an atheist I can't really relate to any of the religious guilt issues, so I guess you have to come to terms with that on your own if they apply, but from an objective standpoint I've never seen the harm of this or most other fetishes.

Some people like distance running, some like sprints. Strokes for folks.

I can't explain my attraction to diapers, and I wouldn't expect a non-dl to get it. If you feel like trying it, do so. If you don't like it, there's no obligation to try it again.

Some more food for thought: sometimes it's possible to be turned on by the mental image of something, without actually enjoying the physical reality of it.

On my long list of fetishes, is force feeding (being forced to eat something disgusting). I have no idea why this turns me on (usual BDSM justifications probably apply), but it does. That said, I've actually tried it, and didn't enjoy the reality of it at all. Not in an "enjoyable" not enjoying it, but in a legitimate total turn off, took everything in me not to end the session and will probably never try it again kinda way. I can say the same for mouth soaping (yes, I've got a lot of fetishes..). Point is I still love watching sessions where others do it and reading stories involving these elements. Maybe you enjoy the idea of wearing diapers but not the reality of it.

This is so interesting because for me personally with my diaper fetish I have i'd prefer it to be hidden and I like to make up my own fantasies in my mind about it. If during sex my partner actually partook in it I think i'd be really really turned off to it. I enjoy moreso fantasizing about the fact that someone would actually have the power to put you in diapers without actually knowing that you like to wear them in the first place. Not sure exactly the simplest way to put this but yeah, my fetish is purely mental and I love that it's my secret

Reading somebody's explanation of their sexual attraction to diapers isn't going to make you sexually attracted to them, so if that's your threshold for understanding, expect confusion. This is one of those places where comparisons to homosexuality do reasonably well. I could listen to any gay male describe his attraction to other males and it certainly wouldn't make me want to hit the sack with another man. Likewise, I could go on and on about boobs, and it would be unreasonable of me to expect a gay male to be as enthusiastic. And it's the same way with diapers. They, and the mental imagery that comes with wearing them, are a turn-on for me. There's no way to rationalize that; it just Is.

Reword

Ok I need to clarify, the girl I dated had zero sexual attraction to diapers. The sexual attraction I understand because it's a fluffy soft material next to someone's sexual parts so that makes sense. But I can't understand it in the case for those like this girl who had zero sexual attraction. What's the appeal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Some more food for thought: sometimes it's possible to be turned on by the mental image of something, without actually enjoying the physical reality of it.

On my long list of fetishes, is force feeding (being forced to eat something disgusting). I have no idea why this turns me on (usual BDSM justifications probably apply), but it does. That said, I've actually tried it, and didn't enjoy the reality of it at all. Not in an "enjoyable" not enjoying it, but in a legitimate total turn off, took everything in me not to end the session and will probably never try it again kinda way. I can say the same for mouth soaping (yes, I've got a lot of fetishes..). Point is I still love watching sessions where others do it and reading stories involving these elements. Maybe you enjoy the idea of wearing diapers but not the reality of it.
    Brah, I think you spoke eloquently here. I think hearing other people say how amazing it is makes me want to try it but like anything, a mind can build something up into a skyscraper, when in reality it is only a small shack. This girl I dated even said she preferred her fantasies in her head than actually doing them. You sir are a scholar and a genius.

I really like that you said this BoundCoder. I'm new to actually trying this out like wearing diapers, but I've read stories for quite a while. I kinda thought that if I liked it in a story, then I'd almost have to like it in real life or something. But I think it's good for me to know that it's not always true.

Reword

I have tried it in a sense with makeshifts and didn't enjoy it, but I can't get it put of my head for some reason and I think it's because I've fantasized about it for some many years because of what I heard from people on the internet that it wasn't as good as I expected. But still I can't leave the fantasy sometimes

At this point, I'd just order some diapers of the net and try them. Either you're into them or not, and then you'd know. Really there's nothing to lose other than the cost of the diapers. It's not that big a deal as long as diapers don't rule your life.