Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone smoke cigars here?

Default Anyone smoke cigars here?

When I say cigars I don't mean swisher sweets or black and milds. I'm wondering if I have any BOTL that enjoy a good Nicaraguan every once and awhile. (Like 3 a day in my case &#128521. I'm sitting in my local lounge smoking a Jamie Garcia Maduro and was thinking I'd see if there were any like minded people in this community.

More pipes than cigars for the most part. I don't know a lot about them so I usually just ask the tobacconist for recommendations. I pretty much have to give it up for the winter as you can't even smoke in a cigar shop here.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    More pipes than cigars for the most part. I don't know a lot about them so I usually just ask the tobacconist for recommendations. I pretty much have to give it up for the winter as you can't even smoke in a cigar shop here.
    Damned FDA..........

MarchinBunny

I used to be a smoker till I took an arrow the knee. XD

I used to smoke cigarettes and cigars. After smoking for about 9 - 10 years of my life I quit about 2 years ago. Being transgender, smoking isn't a good thing since you likely wouldn't be allowed to start on hormones otherwise. So quieting was an absolute must for me.

I wil lsay though, I really did enjoy smoking rofl. However, it really is an unhealthy habit and I am glad I quit.

I used to smoke a pipe when I was in college. Sometimes I even smoked tobacco in it. Like brabbit87, I quit a few years later because I was smoking a pack a day and it was affecting my health. I'm glad I quit.

I used to smoke cigarillos along with Indonesian kreteks (clove cigarettes), mainly Djarum Blacks. I also like to smoke regular cigars on occasion, but I rarely have the time to enjoy one properly. On a trip to India a few years ago I had the opportunity to try bidis. However, I found that the quality of bidis varies widely depending on where you are, not to mention US customs doesn't seem to allow them in. I no longer smoke cigarillos or kreteks due to getting severe acid reflux from them, and now I am glad I managed to quit before I getting addicted to them.

I will smoke a good cigar, but only if someone else is buying. It has been close to ten years since I had my last one.

I smoked cigars semi-regularly until about 15 years ago. A friend and I had a "cigar night" tradition, in which we took turns bringing unusual cigars to share. A few years into this tradition, though, I had a really bad night. Some combination of smoking and drinking made me sicker than I'd been in a long time. And, whether it was the cigars or not, they got the blame for it. I haven't smoked one since. I think that if I was offered one by a friend, I'd probably give it another go now, but I have just enough of an aversion to them that I don't buy them for myself -- which is probably for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Damned FDA..........
    State laws, not the FDA.

Hadn't ever had a Cigar before I went to Cuba a year ago. Quickly realised what I was missing out on. I'm still not much of a smoker, due to lung issues, though I'll have a cigar every once in a while now. I don't know a great deal about makers, but I tend to smoke Cuban ones, and I generally like those.

Only a few times on occasions such as New Years, christmas etc.