Need film use recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpottedLion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
So, the weather is tending towards being nice out (watch it rain tomorrow), and I need to get a family member a Christmas present still... that and the title probably gives away what I'm trying to do.

Basically, I've got a roll of Velvia 100 and Ilford 400 (and some more film that has already been exposed and scanned), and I want to make a nice enlargement collage for my mom. Only problem is I've never used B&W film before, so I'm not sure how I can take advantage of it to really take advantage of the subject: me and my sister, sometimes in the same frame.

So, three questions:

1. Should I just take a frame du heure and see how they all come out?

2. Should I go with just one of the rolls and save the other? I did get the Velvia 100 just for taking pictures of the both of us.

3. Is using that film for that purpose a bad idea and I should use the NPH 400?

I kinda want to experiment and get a feel for the different stocks, but I also kinda want this to be a nice gift.

SpottedLion - In addition to the main forum area, we also have a group area. I think your best bet for a question like this is to join the Photography Club HERE. Depending on your other hobbies, you might want to scroll through the other groups listed under the drop down tab "Community" above.

zipperless said:
SpottedLion - In addition to the main forum area, we also have a group area. I think your best bet for a question like this is to join the Photography Club HERE. Depending on your other hobbies, you might want to scroll through the other groups listed under the drop down tab "Community" above.

So groups actually do a thing and not just collect users?! Way too advanced a forum interface for me. :p Never used one with other stuff on it. One moment while I distract myself with this.

(Consider this thread closed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back