Would it look weird buying Goodnites and adult diapers at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvtowearpampers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm planning on going diaper shopping tomorrow, and I'd like to get some Goodnites and some Always Discreet pull ups. I'm wondering if it would look weird buying both at the same time? I know that the employees don't really care, but the other day I bought some diapers and one of my friends was there; hopefully he wasn't paying attention to what I was buying. Or, would it be more logical to just wait and buy them separate days? Please give me your thoughts.
Thanks!
Luvtowearpampers

Is the place where you shop have self checkout spots?

If its a pretty large store in a fairly large town I doubt anyone would remember you or what you buy. Maybe also buying some other food items or other things besides the diapers maybe.

PaddedBossman said:
Is the place where you shop have self checkout spots?

If its a pretty large store in a fairly large town I doubt anyone would remember you or what you buy. Maybe also buying some other food items or other things besides the diapers maybe.

No, there is no self checkout. I live in a small-medium sized town, and the store in question is Walgreens. I'm perfectly fine buying adult diapers or baby diapers/Goodnites on their own, but buying them together would look a bit fishy. I think that I'll just buy the adult diapers tomorrow, because I do think they're a way better deal than Goodnites. Then I'll buy Goodnites either later this week, next week, or when I run out of diapers.

luvtowearpampers said:
No, there is no self checkout. I live in a small-medium sized town, and the store in question is Walgreens. I'm perfectly fine buying adult diapers or baby diapers/Goodnites on their own, but buying them together would look a bit fishy. I think that I'll just buy the adult diapers tomorrow, because I do think they're a way better deal than Goodnites. Then I'll buy Goodnites either later this week, next week, or when I run out of diapers.

Is there another store in your area that might sell Goodnites/Always? Like buy Goodnites at one store and Always at another.

That's not a bad idea. There is another store nearby which carries at least Goodnites, and I believe it has better pricing on Goodnites. So when I buy Goodnites, I'll buy them there. Thanks for the idea!

I don't think so. What's so unbelievable about having two family members who need both? I'd say not to be concerned about whether or not it looks weird, since the employees don't really give a damn.

I go along with ClandestineWing.

I don't think you will have any problem with buying these two things together.

Another agreement with ClandestineWing. They won't care unless you make a big deal about it. Certainly not the weirdest thing they'd see in drugstore retail.

No it not "weird" at all, beside most people don't really care what you buy, and it none of their business, and good luck!

I work retail, I generally cant tell you what a customer bought. I scan and go. So buy them both, even if your clerk does notice they won't remember for long and likely they won't care.

Just a quick update, haven't been able to sleep tonight and will probably take a sick day tomorrow (or technically today). So I may go to a store that's closer to me than Walgreens and buy Goodnites, probably not Always Discreet (maybe I will if they have them). I'll probably just stay home though.

Well I bought Goodnites today; Walgreens is having a sale on Always Discreet so I'll buy those later this week or next week.

I don't think it would look too odd. There's tons of parents who are very well aware that Goodnites by themselves kinda suck. Unlike adult diapers, Goodnites are a product used by thousands, if not millions, of the same parents who once bought baby diapers - they're a fairly common and known product. It's not really a secret that parents with children using Goodnites will sometimes put an adult-sized "diaper" over them because of leaks. That's pretty common. Lots of people in the general public are aware of it. If you're an adult, they'll probably see that and just assume you're another one of those. c:

PDVD_136 text.jpg

Actually, I'd say it's fairly harmless, but I don't generally mix my purchases of baby items and adult incontinence.

JadeDL said:
It's not really a secret that parents with children using Goodnites will sometimes put an adult-sized "diaper" over them because of leaks. That's pretty common.
Citation needed.

In any case, it's good to practice not caring about what the clerks think. Yes, it may seem strange to them that somebody would be buying youth and adult diapers at the same time, but then people buy Spam, so... :shrug: I sorta doubt that "diaper fetishist" would be their first thought.

The check-out clerks are not apt to put two and two together with what you are purchasing at any given time.
What they most are apt to note is maybe your clothing - hair style - form of payment if you having trouble
with a credit card or getting the last penny out of the bottom of your purse bag wallet or whatever you use.
Something odd or awkward about you and then putting things into perspective.

If buying sensitive adult health care items at Walgreens or CVS take them to the pharmacy counter and have
the check out done at that point - discretion is assured by more mature individuals in that area.

If you are a frequent shopper at Walgreens sign up for the customer rewards account - using your phone number
for discounts on advertised and specials. At the check-out enter your phone number and any discounts that are
available on what you are purchasing will be applied - no coupons to clip or have an issue with the check-out clerk.

It is not all that hard - try and act normal like the ordinary everyday plain jane customer. If someone offers
assistance take it with non-chalance don't buzz off the help. Now this may be difficult in a small town/city where
everyone knows your name - then you may have to resort to buying somewhere else. ***
*** Caution if the store you are in is out of stock they may offer to locate the items you need in another one of
theirs. Be creative and simply say thanks will pick it up on your next visit or you are just stocking up for now it
can wait.

In my opinion, it's only as weird as you make it. Don't get me wrong, I know it can be nerve-wracking and scary but once you get over that, the more confidence and 'I seriously don't care' attitude you come across with, the less likely you are to attract attention or provoke a weird look from the cashier or any other customers. Good luck and try not to think about it. If it helps, write out a shopping list and purchase some other unrelated items to make it look less obvious. Or on the flip side, maybe something along the lines of denture adhesive and baby food? If you can afford it of course and want to be extra careful! Good luck again!

bohemian85 said:
Or on the flip side, maybe something along the lines of denture adhesive and baby food?
LOL. But those go together awesomely. I mean, if your teeth aren't staying on, then you'd better have some food that doesn't need chewing. :)

If you just act like its an everyday normal thing nobody is going to give you a second look!

A while back I hit the cashier at the RiteAid with a bag of Depend briefs and a box of baby wipes. The cheery young lady asked how old my baby was. I pointed at the Depend package and said that both were for me. She realized what was going on and got real red in the face. It was cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back