Which type of waste do diapers belong to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When it comes to selective waste collection, where do they belong to? Assuming plastic backed diapers.

degradable/food
unsorted
plastic
paper

Cheers,
Thomas

Unsorted or your local litter bin

Reactions: DiaperTV
Unsorted for sure.

I put all my dirty diapers into blue medical waste bags so no one(hobos) accidentally tear into a bag of nasty while they dumpsterdive.

Unsorted or Biohazard

Jonnythepony said:
I put all my dirty diapers into blue medical waste bags so no one(hobos) accidentally tear into a bag of nasty while they dumpsterdive.

What brand of bag is that? Seems a good idea

MrCarter said:
What brand of bag is that? Seems a good idea

Just blue heavy-duty garbage bags I get from the Giant Wal-Mart.

Crinklebottom said:
Dirty diapers belong in the garbage.

However, there are programs that collect diapers separately for recycling. Usually these companies service daycares and the like, and sometimes local residents can participate. You could look into that. It would be more effort than curbside pickup, though. Additionally, if you remove the plastic backing, in most cases the rest of the diaper can be composted in your own compost bin (but it not suitable for municipal collection).

Remove the backing all you want. The diaper still contains human waste. It is bio-hazard no matter how you look at it. That being said, they need to go to either a landfill, or a facility that can incinerate them. Question my position on the environment all you want, but, my soiled diapers go straight to the landfill...

thomas93 said:
When it comes to selective waste collection, where do they belong to? Assuming plastic backed diapers.

degradable/food
unsorted
plastic
paper

Cheers,
Thomas

The best option would be to ask your waste collection agency. I am sure that this is not the first time that they have been asked this question...

Reactions: DiaperTV
Diapers belong in the one where the collection company says. Mine currently goes in the standard garbage same as the previous place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back