Just told my stepmom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Little
Yes, it's another one of these threads...

Right now I'm staying with my dad and step mom while I attend college. My step sister and her boyfriend apparently got into a fight, so now she and her 3 kids are going to move into my room; and I'm going to have to move in with my step brother in his room.

I finally have a system that allows me to wear regularly enough that I don't have diapers constantly on the brain. Unfortunately, my cloth diapers aren't exactly the best thing when it comes to odor control and my step brother has no regard for personal boundaries.

...I've spent too many years being ashamed of these desires, and now that I finally feel at peace with myself, I can't stand the idea of having to give this up.

I told my step mom this isn't going to work, but when she asked why, I didn't really have an answer.
I said that if I told her, it would defeat the purpose; because I'm afraid he'll find out a secret of mine; which did nothing to further the conversation. I got a bit more specific and said, that fetishes aren't exactly the sort of thing you talk to your parents about.
She responded by saying that there's nothing I could say that would weird her out...So, I ended up telling her, and she was surprisingly cool about it. (she has fecal IC, so maybe that has something to do with it)

After I explained things, we both agreed that the cloth diapers aren't going to work, and I'm going to have to switch to disposables. She even mentioned her possibly buying me some...(it's kind of been a hectic day, so I'm not going to hold my breath on that)

Well, congrats that it went well. A lot of the time it doesn't, but it is always good to hear when it does. Good luck on sharing rooms.

That's a really nice outcome. Great job handling a tough conversation!

ArchieRoni said:

agreed

I think you did well.

You thought about the reason and you tried to reason with your stepmom without reveling too much. You gave out a little more information when it was needed and told her everything only after being questioned.

I think this shows how others should handle this type of situations - give the least amount of details as needed.

Glad everything went well.

SleepyTyrant said:
Yes, it's another one of these threads...

Right now I'm staying with my dad and step mom while I attend college. My step sister and her boyfriend apparently got into a fight, so now she and her 3 kids are going to move into my room; and I'm going to have to move in with my step brother in his room.

I finally have a system that allows me to wear regularly enough that I don't have diapers constantly on the brain. Unfortunately, my cloth diapers aren't exactly the best thing when it comes to odor control and my step brother has no regard for personal boundaries.

...I've spent too many years being ashamed of these desires, and now that I finally feel at peace with myself, I can't stand the idea of having to give this up.

I told my step mom this isn't going to work, but when she asked why, I didn't really have an answer.
I said that if I told her, it would defeat the purpose; because I'm afraid he'll find out a secret of mine; which did nothing to further the conversation. I got a bit more specific and said, that fetishes aren't exactly the sort of thing you talk to your parents about.
She responded by saying that there's nothing I could say that would weird her out...So, I ended up telling her, and she was surprisingly cool about it. (she has fecal IC, so maybe that has something to do with it)

After I explained things, we both agreed that the cloth diapers aren't going to work, and I'm going to have to switch to disposables. She even mentioned her possibly buying me some...(it's kind of been a hectic day, so I'm not going to hold my breath on that)

ArchieRoni said:

actually I think this should be text book material on how to talk about this stuff. It looks like you could really give lessons on how to handle situations involving coming out to significant other's (including family) Sleepytyrant! :smile1:

First off, sorry to hear that your sis has hit a rough patch. Hopefully this is a temporary deal with her and her brood.

As to your situation, you've played your hand well, and I'm so glad that it has turned out OK for you. So far.

But it seems like a lot of variables have been added to the mix. If it's not too intrusive to ask, how old are your sister's kids? I mean, if they're still kind of little, they might not be sophisticated enough to form suspicions and snoop around. But if they're older, you're going to have to get real creative to hide things. At any rate, Larvitar might have to go into hibernation. :)

I hope everything works out for you and your family.

Illinoise said:
But it seems like a lot of variables have been added to the mix. If it's not too intrusive to ask, how old are your sister's kids? I mean, if they're still kind of little, they might not be sophisticated enough to form suspicions and snoop around. But if they're older, you're going to have to get real creative to hide things. At any rate, Larvitar might have to go into hibernation. :)

First off, there's no way I'd ever stop sleeping with my little buddy.

The eldest is about 3-4, the 2nd one can't talk yet, and the 3rd is only a couple months old.

When I do get some disposables, I'm thinking of keeping them in my trunk, and having a couple on hand in my laptop bag (there's a pocket that's meant for a laptop, but mine is too big for it.); which is what I did when I lived at my grandparent's.

Maxx said:
On the bright side, your contribution to funky smells won't be noticed.

:laugh:

Wow I'm suprised that went so well! It is rare but nice to see such an accepting parent! Or step parent!

SleepyTyrant said:
When I do get some disposables, I'm thinking of keeping them in my trunk, and having a couple on hand in my laptop bag (there's a pocket that's meant for a laptop, but mine is too big for it.); which is what I did when I lived at my grandparent's.

I think that you are correct. They are probably two very good hiding spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back