Been ripped off! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinklesounds

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all, I recently bought what I thought was a case of Tranquillity ATN diapers from Amazon, turns out I only recieved a bag of 12 diapers! When the sellers web page clearly states its a case here is the page

Tranquility atn (all-through-the-night) fitted briefs size medium case/84 (7 bags of 12)
Sold by SKY BOOK

I even contacted the seller to confirm that it was a full case this is my mail to him-Hi I've just ordered from you, can you please confirm that this is a case and not just a bag of diapers? If it is the latter I would like to cancel.
This is my first time of ordering from Amazon so don't won't to be ripped off!
Please can you confirm.
Thanks.

To which he replied-Hello.

Thanks for your email. It's a case.

Sincerely,
Tony

Now to me this should confirm that this should be the case as advertised.

How to I go about getting my money back?
Ive sent a nice email to the seller in question :wallbash:
And have asked if I can return the 1 bag he sent me- plus the package inside has been damaged!

Have any one else had this problem? If so what did you do about it and did you get you're money back?

Any advice would be most welcome!

what distributor and website used?

I would contact Amazon and tell them of the issue if the seller does not either correct the shipping error or refund either the full purchase or the amount paid minus the cost of the dipeys you received then Amazon might be able to do something about it, but I am not sure of Amazon's TOS regarding issues such as these.

If the seller is in the U.S.A depending on the amount you paid and if he or she has ripped others off in this manner, you may be able to get him or her arrested. Other then that, there is not much you can do except to remember these words

Caveat Emptor, which is Latin for "Let the buyer beware."

Waddlebum said:
Hi all, I recently bought what I thought was a case of Tranquillity ATN diapers from Amazon, turns out I only recieved a bag of 12 diapers! When the sellers web page clearly states its a case here is the page

Tranquility atn (all-through-the-night) fitted briefs size medium case/84 (7 bags of 12)
Sold by SKY BOOK

I even contacted the seller to confirm that it was a full case this is my mail to him-Hi I've just ordered from you, can you please confirm that this is a case and not just a bag of diapers? If it is the latter I would like to cancel.
This is my first time of ordering from Amazon so don't won't to be ripped off!
Please can you confirm.
Thanks.

To which he replied-Hello.

Thanks for your email. It's a case.

Sincerely,
Tony

Now to me this should confirm that this should be the case as advertised.

How to I go about getting my money back?
Ive sent a nice email to the seller in question :wallbash:
And have asked if I can return the 1 bag he sent me- plus the package inside has been damaged!

Have any one else had this problem? If so what did you do about it and did you get you're money back?

Any advice would be most welcome!

So ya I wouldn't trust amazon, just like Ebay, i need a reputable diaper dealer, not just some guy looking to make a buck off people thru dinky transactions like this

Hi guys,
Thanks for the replies, I live in the UK, so it was off Amazon UK

- - - Updated - - -

The seller is American!

I order the same diapers through amazon and I've never had an issue so whoever said dont trust amazon, there are reputable sellers there you just have to look for them.

But yeah amazon has measures in place for this kind of thing so I would go to them directly about it.

Penny said:
I order the same diapers through amazon and I've never had an issue so whoever said dont trust amazon, there are reputable sellers there you just have to look for them.

But yeah amazon has measures in place for this kind of thing so I would go to them directly about it.

I agree with those who say don't trust amazon. The reason why I say that is because while it is true, there are reputable sellers, you won't know till you try buying from them yourself. Though comments are also a great way to find out, but may not always suffice to say the least.

Unless you are experienced with sites like this, I wouldn't recommend it. There are plenty of places to get diapers that are just much safer.

I do realize amazon has measures in place, but it's still a hassle.

brabbit1987 said:
I agree with those who say don't trust amazon. The reason why I say that is because while it is true, there are reputable sellers, you won't know till you try buying from them yourself.
That's not an issue with amazon, that's an issue with someone selling through amazon. Amazon has a system to arbitrate disputes with sellers, and so far as we know in this thread, the OP hasn't even attempted that before claiming scam. Hell, he hasn't even told us if the seller replied yet to his request to send the single pack back for a refund.

irnub said:
That's not an issue with amazon, that's an issue with someone selling through amazon. Amazon has a system to arbitrate disputes with sellers, and so far as we know in this thread, the OP hasn't even attempted that before claiming scam. Hell, he hasn't even told us if the seller replied yet to his request to send the single pack back for a refund.

I think you misunderstood. I am not blaming amazon directly as a company. Obviously it isn't the companies fault. When I say I don't trust amazon, I am not talking about the company, I am talking about the sellers on amazon.

My point also still stands. Whether or not they have a system in place doesn't change the fact that it is a hassle to deal with.

Hi, I'm at work that's why no reply!!!
So Irnub before you start mouthing off at me, if you actually read my thread I have contacted the seller and got no reply! The seller can take up to 3 days before he has to reply!
The word scam has not even been mentioned in any part of my thread
I'm just asking the question can I get my money back, as I've never ordered from there before!
I was just concerned about paying money for goods I didn't receive!

brabbit1987 said:
When I say I don't trust amazon, I am not talking about the company, I am talking about the sellers on amazon.
Would have been nice if you'd said that.

brabbit1987 said:
My point also still stands. Whether or not they have a system in place doesn't change the fact that it is a hassle to deal with.
It's less hassle than dealing with the seller direct, which is what you'd be doing if it wasn't purchased through an amazon storefront.

Waddlebum said:
So Irnub before you start mouthing off at me, if you actually read my thread I have contacted the seller and got no reply! The seller can take up to 3 days before he has to reply!
I've read your thread 3 times through and I don't see anywhere where you mention there was no reply after you told the seller that you didn't receive what was advertised. Additionally, I don't believe that I've "mouthed off" at you anywhere in this thread.

Waddlebum said:
I'm just asking the question can I get my money back, as I've never ordered from there before!
I was just concerned about paying money for goods I didn't receive!
Of course you can. The entire transaction is well documented, so if what was delivered isn't what was advertised, you've got the seller to go to. If the seller is non-responsive you have amazon to go to. If amazon won't help you, then you have your countries legal system to fall back on.

Got an end result, the seller has apologised for their cock up and have admitted that they didn't check the order before despatch!
They have given a full refund and I get to keep the diapers that they did send!
It has given me faith in Amazon that if this type of thing happens that it can be resolved.
Although still makes me dubious about ordering again in future perhaps I'll stick with the tried and tested.
Thanks for the replies guys.

Congrats on getting your money back. For future reference, depending on your card provider, you are often best off using a credit card when buying on the internet. For companies like Visa, when you use your credit card, you can ask them to reverse the charges when you didn't get what you were promised, at which point the seller has to argue with Visa if they want to see the money again, pretty useful to be able to do, but it won't work if you use a Debt card from what I understand.

Tyger said:
Congrats on getting your money back. For future reference, depending on your card provider, you are often best off using a credit card when buying on the internet. For companies like Visa, when you use your credit card, you can ask them to reverse the charges when you didn't get what you were promised, at which point the seller has to argue with Visa if they want to see the money again, pretty useful to be able to do, but it won't work if you use a Debt card from what I understand.

Ah Tyger, you beat me to it. I always use my credit card. If there's a problem, you can tell your credit card company to not pay. I've had very good service from Amazon, and my wife has called them when orders got screwed up. They've always made it right. Our latest screw up was when we ordered a Virginia Tech trailer hitch cover for our son's Jeep. They sent a West Virginia or WT hitch cover. The two universities have been arch rivals in football, so this was unacceptable. Amazon eventually let us keep the hitch cover and returned our money.

So, anyone from West Virginia U.?

I've never had any problems purchasing through Amazon. Maybe a couple of shipping delays that were foretold. I believe you can order confidently through Amazon because they back up your orders if anything happens. I would go through Amazon themselves to see if they actually filled the order. Sometimes they send orders from their warehouse behalf of the seller. Sometimes things get mixed up in the process.

You realize Amazon has a claims process for disputes on orders, right? Contact the seller one more time, letting him know he made a mistake. If he fails to resolve it, open an A-to-Z claim and the seller's money will be put on hold until the issue is resolved. It will also affect the metrics for his good seller rating, so it's in his best interest to resolve things quick before it gets to that point. Be sure you give him a chance to correct the problem before opening the dispute though.

Both eBay and Amazon have a very effective and balanced claims process for faulty or fraudulent orders, so there's no reason to distrust either one of them. Look at the customer ratings and feedback scores on the seller to judge whether they're reliable or not. You'll quickly see the more risky sellers have bad ratings and comments on their profile, so it's easier to tell. Either way, your purchase is backed by their policies so long as you read all the fine print in the listings.

I don't agree with anyone here who says it's a risk buying on Amazon or eBay. What's the risk if you can get your money back when you are wronged? Most sellers are very reputable on there these days. Enough disputes or negative ratings on a seller's profile and they will get their account quickly removed from the site. The sites are much more balanced than they were in years past and you can get some good deals/items on there.

irnub said:
It's less hassle than dealing with the seller direct, which is what you'd be doing if it wasn't purchased through an amazon storefront.

Or .. you can buy from the actual retailer that sells diapers and incontinence products and skip over the whole amazon process to begin with. The only reason you would need to buy off of amazon is if the brand you want can't be purchased off of an actual retailer due to location.

However, this usually isn't the case since most brands actually have third party stores they are associated with to sell internationally.

Document all interactions. Contact the seller, if he won't help move on to Amazon themselves, if they won't so anything issue a chargeback with your credit card company. Provide all the interactions and photo of what you actually received with your chargeback to the claim handling department.

Waddlebum said:
Got an end result, the seller has apologised for their cock up and have admitted that they didn't check the order before despatch!
They have given a full refund and I get to keep the diapers that they did send!
It has given me faith in Amazon that if this type of thing happens that it can be resolved.
Although still makes me dubious about ordering again in future perhaps I'll stick with the tried and tested.
Thanks for the replies guys.

And they didn't bother shipping you the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back