Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Been ripped off! Please help!

Angry Been ripped off! Please help!

Hi all, I recently bought what I thought was a case of Tranquillity ATN diapers from Amazon, turns out I only recieved a bag of 12 diapers! When the sellers web page clearly states its a case here is the page

Tranquility atn (all-through-the-night) fitted briefs size medium case/84 (7 bags of 12)
    Sold by SKY BOOK

I even contacted the seller to confirm that it was a full case this is my mail to him-Hi I've just ordered from you, can you please confirm that this is a case and not just a bag of diapers? If it is the latter I would like to cancel.
    This is my first time of ordering from Amazon so don't won't to be ripped off!
    Please can you confirm.
    Thanks.

To which he replied-Hello.

Thanks for your email. It's a case.

Sincerely,
    Tony

Now to me this should confirm that this should be the case as advertised.

How to I go about getting my money back?
    Ive sent a nice email to the seller in question
    And have asked if I can return the 1 bag he sent me- plus the package inside has been damaged!

Have any one else had this problem? If so what did you do about it and did you get you're money back?

Any advice would be most welcome!

I would contact Amazon and tell them of the issue if the seller does not either correct the shipping error or refund either the full purchase or the amount paid minus the cost of the dipeys you received then Amazon might be able to do something about it, but I am not sure of Amazon's TOS regarding issues such as these.

If the seller is in the U.S.A depending on the amount you paid and if he or she has ripped others off in this manner, you may be able to get him or her arrested. Other then that, there is not much you can do except to remember these words

Caveat Emptor, which is Latin for "Let the buyer beware."

Quote Originally Posted by Waddlebum View Post
    Hi all, I recently bought what I thought was a case of Tranquillity ATN diapers from Amazon, turns out I only recieved a bag of 12 diapers! When the sellers web page clearly states its a case here is the page

Tranquility atn (all-through-the-night) fitted briefs size medium case/84 (7 bags of 12)
    Sold by SKY BOOK

I even contacted the seller to confirm that it was a full case this is my mail to him-Hi I've just ordered from you, can you please confirm that this is a case and not just a bag of diapers? If it is the latter I would like to cancel.
    This is my first time of ordering from Amazon so don't won't to be ripped off!
    Please can you confirm.
    Thanks.

To which he replied-Hello.

Thanks for your email. It's a case.

Sincerely,
    Tony

Now to me this should confirm that this should be the case as advertised.

How to I go about getting my money back?
    Ive sent a nice email to the seller in question
    And have asked if I can return the 1 bag he sent me- plus the package inside has been damaged!

Have any one else had this problem? If so what did you do about it and did you get you're money back?

Any advice would be most welcome!
    So ya I wouldn't trust amazon, just like Ebay, i need a reputable diaper dealer, not just some guy looking to make a buck off people thru dinky transactions like this

Hi guys,
    Thanks for the replies, I live in the UK, so it was off Amazon UK

- - - Updated - - -

The seller is American!

Quote Originally Posted by Waddlebum View Post
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for the replies, I live in the UK, so it was off Amazon UK

- - - Updated - - -

The seller is American!
    Well that's not good. Got a username for them?

It seems as though Amazon has measures in place to prevent this... I would start there and point out that the merchant you bought from has violated their selling policies and that you would like a refund.

If you don't get anywhere with that, and you happened to use a Credit card, you can also issue a chargeback.

I order the same diapers through amazon and I've never had an issue so whoever said dont trust amazon, there are reputable sellers there you just have to look for them.

But yeah amazon has measures in place for this kind of thing so I would go to them directly about it.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I order the same diapers through amazon and I've never had an issue so whoever said dont trust amazon, there are reputable sellers there you just have to look for them.

But yeah amazon has measures in place for this kind of thing so I would go to them directly about it.
    I agree with those who say don't trust amazon. The reason why I say that is because while it is true, there are reputable sellers, you won't know till you try buying from them yourself. Though comments are also a great way to find out, but may not always suffice to say the least.

Unless you are experienced with sites like this, I wouldn't recommend it. There are plenty of places to get diapers that are just much safer.

I do realize amazon has measures in place, but it's still a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    I agree with those who say don't trust amazon. The reason why I say that is because while it is true, there are reputable sellers, you won't know till you try buying from them yourself.
    That's not an issue with amazon, that's an issue with someone selling through amazon. Amazon has a system to arbitrate disputes with sellers, and so far as we know in this thread, the OP hasn't even attempted that before claiming scam. Hell, he hasn't even told us if the seller replied yet to his request to send the single pack back for a refund.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by irnub View Post
    That's not an issue with amazon, that's an issue with someone selling through amazon. Amazon has a system to arbitrate disputes with sellers, and so far as we know in this thread, the OP hasn't even attempted that before claiming scam. Hell, he hasn't even told us if the seller replied yet to his request to send the single pack back for a refund.
    I think you misunderstood. I am not blaming amazon directly as a company. Obviously it isn't the companies fault. When I say I don't trust amazon, I am not talking about the company, I am talking about the sellers on amazon.

My point also still stands. Whether or not they have a system in place doesn't change the fact that it is a hassle to deal with.