Thread: Happy to be here

Cool Happy to be here

Hello I am Ryan. I am 35 male from Wisconsin and am a DL. Nothing really special. I like to play drums and am a chef. Kind of hoping to meet some others for chats.

Hi Ryan! Welcome! I like your intro - short and to the point. What kind of chef are you? Sous? Pastry? In addition to the main forums, we have sub groups of specialized interest. One is for cooking and recipes. Perhaps you would like to contribute?: Foodie group

Welcome to ADisc, Ryan! Nothing really special? Yeah, right! But then, nothing special would probably describe most of us - we are who and what we are, and proud of it! As you browse the forums and threads you will find that we are very supportive of others here. What part of Wisconsin are you in? When I was seven My parents spent three weeks with my sister and her husband in Wisconsin. My brother in law rented a cabin on Marshmiller Lake, near Bloomer, because he liked to fish, as did most of us. The cabin had a woodburning stove, and there was only an Ice box for food refrigeration - literally! We had to go about 1/4 mile to the ice storage cabin to get ice to put in that refrigerator. We really roughed it! And the ice was cut on Marshmiller Lake during the winter, and stored in that cabin, and had lots of sawdust packing to keep the ice from melting in the summer (when we were there). I have lots of happy memories about that three weeks.