Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I Buy Always Discreet?

Question Should I Buy Always Discreet?

I ran out of diapers a few weeks ago and I'm about ready to buy some more. I am wondering about the Always Discreet pull ups (maximum absorbency). How thick are they? How comfortable are they? How cute are they? How absorbent are they? And are they "granny panties" or more like Goodnites (I've heard that they are the closest adult diaper to Goodnites). Please give me your thoughts on them.
    Thanks!
    Luvtowearpampers

I use them as a lightweight pullup, stuffed with Goodnight stuffers, size L. To me, they are far better that any of the depends pull ups without tapes and far more comfortable.

I haven't tried them, but from what I've seen they are a cross between the granny bloomer style pull-ups, and GoodNites. They've got a nice feminine design on the outside and have a much snugger fit, similar to GoodNites. As far as the padding goes, they don't look too promising. It's a thin and short-reaching rectangular strip of padding that doesn't even reach halfway to the navel on the front and goes only inches up the back side - I imagine the absorbency is actually comparable to GoodNites judging by how short and thin the pad inside is.

Basically, bloomer style pull-ups with a nice floral design, snugger fit and lower cut.

I liked them but nonfunctional for what I need them for. I have an incontinence issue and am a sexually functioning male meaning that keeping myself pointed down will not work. Keep that in mind if you're a male.

If your only option is store bought its bad or very bad adult diapers.
    First Attends - Bad it is decent for a lower level incontinence issues and they do have a weird perfume smell .
    Second Depends Fitted Briefs Max Protection -Very bad low quality absorbency however the fit is decent and has 3 tapes on each side like the attends.
    If you are desperate for a diaper and have no choice then get the Depends otherwise the Attends are your first choice .
    However if you can order by internet go for the Abena Abri Form X-Plus L-4 or Dry 24-7 both are the best of the business hands down and XP Medical with Gary and Nicholas can provide excellent service and very discreet shipping.
    My opinion is those always thingys aint worth the paper they are made with .

Quote Originally Posted by xpluswearer View Post
    If your only option is store bought its bad or very bad adult diapers.
    First Attends - Bad it is decent for a lower level incontinence issues and they do have a weird perfume smell .
    Second Depends Fitted Briefs Max Protection -Very bad low quality absorbency however the fit is decent and has 3 tapes on each side like the attends.
    If you are desperate for a diaper and have no choice then get the Depends otherwise the Attends are your first choice .
    However if you can order by internet go for the Abena Abri Form X-Plus L-4 or Dry 24-7 both are the best of the business hands down and XP Medical with Gary and Nicholas can provide excellent service and very discreet shipping.
    My opinion is those always thingys aint worth the paper they are made with .
    I was asking specifically about Always Discreet. I know what my options are (and there are better store bought diapers than what you have mentioned). Please don't hijack my thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DLScottsman View Post
    I liked them but nonfunctional for what I need them for. I have an incontinence issue and am a sexually functioning male meaning that keeping myself pointed down will not work. Keep that in mind if you're a male.
    This was my experience also. Whether excited in that way or not, I find the up position much more comfortable, and the Always Discreet aren't (for obvious reasons!) designed for that. The position and span of the padding are clearly female-optimized. I did like the feminine print, though, and they were quite comfortable. Yes, the elastic is the frilly "granny panty" stuff, but the print made this seem (to me) a bit less obnoxious. Overall, I give them a "not quite."

Quote Originally Posted by luvtowearpampers View Post
    I was asking specifically about Always Discreet. I know what my options are (and there are better store bought diapers than what you have mentioned). Please don't hijack my thread.
    He was just trying to be helpful. Don't be a dick. He doesn't know what your options are.

Of course, you could be resourceful and combine a mega-booster with these pull-ups. They seem to have the best overall fit of any adult-sized pull-up I've seen. Here's a good model picture: http://www.continenceproductadvisor..../000000329.png

But the biggest weakness on them is the thin and ineffective pad. You could try placing an Abri-San pad, Poise pad, or other waterproof-backed pad inside it and use it similarly to a mesh pant. The Always Discreet have the advantage of being low-cut and a nicer, streamlined fit than your average pull-up. They just need a serious upgrade on the absorbency.

I have heard Always discreet are good adult pull ups, but I haven't tried them yet.