My desire to wear diapers is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
AEsahaettr said:
[Assuming Reword is the poster I'm recalling...]

The problem wasn't so much that he made an effort to excise his fetish. It's that he made it a character trait and threw it in everyone else's faces.

Most of us have struggled a lot with our attraction to using diapers and many of us have tried to get rid of it at some point or another. There's a lot of self-hate that we only get past through self-acceptance. I'm not saying it's impossible to change. But liking diapers is something that none of us would ever choose, and the argument put forth by him makes enjoying diapers a matter of choice. It carries the implication that you can quit enjoying a wet diaper by willing it hard enough. Whether he truly changed or not, I see no other choice than to find his message intolerable because it's in direct opposition to self-acceptance. Here we are, struggling to accept ourselves, helping each other find self-acceptance, and he peacocks around how willing yourself to simply wake up one day completely different is a third option. If that's his choice I can't and don't begrudge it to him, but I can and do begrudge the way he participates in this community as to undermine its supportive nature.

And this isn't even getting into the thread of his triumphant return where he taunted everyone still here.

You make so many good points no matter where ever you are. I completely understood all of this. I guess you would classify him as that "so-called badass" from across the street? He feels he accomplished something and like you said "threw it in our face" it was like he was sent from someone to accomplish his mission and try to encourage all of us to follow into his path but he kinda contradicted the entire thing speaking for his so-called threads right?

Again, you do make good points where I wouldn't even have stand pointed of.

A more apt statement would be that some people can change anything they want to.

SOME

While everyone has the capacity to do it not everyone has the willpower or wiring to change themselves and just because you have done it or maybe found it easy doesn't mean others will have the same luck, hence the turmoil that surrounds people who have tried unauccesfully to kick the habit so to speak.

Take for example I quit smoking cold turkey and I found it easy to do after 17 years as a smoker.

My boss has tried everything up to acupuncture and still fails to quit.

I know she has it in her but that doesn't mean she is capable. But it would be unfair of me to see her struggle and look down on her for it just because I managed to get lucky.

People change and interests, tastes and habits change over time. Hence the well known binge and purge cycle that is so widely talked about.

I hope that this works for you and I don't doubt that it is possible for someone to kick this habit. But that's not the case for everyone and that's okay.

While it is 100% possible to purge ABDL activities completely and I do belive that for some people it would be possible it's not for everyone and learning to love ones self goes a long long way in reference to change, self control and happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back