Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What brand and type of brief should i get

BordercollieTrigger

Question What brand and type of brief should i get

Hey please help me on the end of this month i'm buying briefs online from healthwick.ca. I have a few brands in mind.

1. Prevail but only briefs with high absorbency
    2. Tranquility briefs with high absorbency
    3. Molicare briefs with high absorbency
    4. First Quality briefs with high absorbency
    5. Tena Flex Maxi if all other options don't work well

The features i want are:

- Have tapes prefer 2-3 per side
    - Good quality seal
    - Good quality plastic or cloth backing
    - Have inside material that stays in place and absorbs throughout
    - Be more cost effective
    - Have good performance

With these specs can you help me find a good choice of one of each brand to look at. I appreciate your advice. The site is Canadian heres a link www.healthwick.ca .
    Last edited by BordercollieTrigger; 19-Jan-2015 at 02:26. Reason: I missed a brand.

BordercollieTrigger

Yes but they cost way too much i am looking for a good priced good quality one. I did see some first quality at a good price but like to hear how people like other brands on list and which ones. Also how good the other brands work in overal. I mean basically a review on the brands please.

Well Trigger... there are lots and LOTS of reviews on this forum, and so many more online if you just look a little.

Yes, the Tranquility cost more. First Quality cost less. But you get what you pay for. Would you rather spend $.60-$.75 per diaper, and have it be good for one, maybe two wettings? Or $1.20-$1.50 and be able to use it all day?

BordercollieTrigger

Yes but my budget is tight i cant go above $180 i wish could but cannot. So dont mind paying a little less about $1.15 per brief - $1.20 is fine but above is too much for me. I like to get if bags of 18 6-8 or bags of 12 9-11. I will next month be buying pads to boost it.

- - - Updated - - -

What about attends i can buy them but are they any good i can't get M4 i looked not on site.

I would guess Molicare is the best. Tranquility is definitely better than prevail. Never had any experience with the others. Since you have a pretty short list you can do a search under each name for reviews on ADISC.

I use Tena Ultra and they hold more than advertised but padding shifts really bad. I used about half of my case of 160. I like Tranquility ATN. They hold about what is advertised and with peach mat they stay very nice when wet. I have 1 left in a 12 pack I purchased a few months ago.

BordercollieTrigger

I spend five hours last night and choose Molicare Super Briefs over the Tranquility ATN since only costed $1.53 / brief to get 112 and the Tranquility ATN were $1.41 / brief for 120 so better quality for so little more is Molicare Super Briefs. I had to study for five hours last night all forums on this site ADISC to choose.

- - - Updated - - -

But if do think Tranquility is better can consider it but Molicare is still plastic from looks of it. Still like to know if Tranquility is a little better than Molicare from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BordercollieTrigger View Post
    I spend five hours last night and choose Molicare Super Briefs over the Tranquility ATN since only costed $1.53 / brief to get 112 and the Tranquility ATN were $1.41 / brief for 120 so better quality for so little more is Molicare Super Briefs. I had to study for five hours last night all forums on this site ADISC to choose.

- - - Updated - - -

But if do think Tranquility is better can consider it but Molicare is still plastic from looks of it. Still like to know if Tranquility is a little better than Molicare from personal experience.
    Tranquility ATN's are okay. I used them as a daytime diaper with boosters for the better part of a year.

Molicares are an order of magnitude better. They are worth the extra you'll pay for them. Better wicking, better fit. Not a big fan of the purple color, but I've always had a thing for plain white plastic diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorica View Post
    Molicares are an order of magnitude better. They are worth the extra you'll pay for them. Better wicking.
    Seconding this. Molicares have some of the best wicking I've ever seen, and also some of the softest/quietest plastic and inner lining. Especially when compared to tranquility ATNs.

If you're ordering in Canada, I recommend ordering from Agecomfort.com , I've ordered from them before with good results and free shipping in Canada on orders over $50.

I've ordered the Abena M4 and the Molicares from there before, and I preferred the molicare diapers, but a lot of people prefer the m4. I just placed an order for the first quality diapers (96 for $60), I'll let you know how those are when they arrive. I also recommend checking out the free samples they offer.

-Ron

BordercollieTrigger

Well this company is only one province away and shipping only is $13 flat no more for 3-5 day delivery.