Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cunning Plan Needs Development

Default Cunning Plan Needs Development

I have a rather limited way of getting free diapers - having Depend ship a sample pack to my door. Right now, I'm looking into trying to get a pack of fitted briefs, large. Thing is, I don't want parental unit to know I'm picking up briefs - parental unit 'knows', as it were, but it's still a rather uncomfortable topic. I'm also not sure if I'm going to know beforehand whether parental unit will be out all day on any given day.

Is it possible to get them to change their delivery times? As in, is it possible to ask that they could deliver at midnight on a Saturday, or some equally outlandish time? Normally I'll be awake around then, and I want to be awake without p.u. being awake so I can pick up the package without disturbing p.u. Said unit is also a bit of an earlybird and chances are p.u. will be up before I am, so working under cover of night is kinda the only option.

If you're going to get samples, you might as well get samples of something good...That being said, I don't think you can ask for a specific delivery time, at least not one as outlandish as midnight...Since it's usually a UPS truck or something that delivers it, and they have to deliver lots of other things than just your package...You could try to get a PO box (although not everything ships to those), or a UPS box of some sort...Keep in mind they cost money, but it allows you to get them whenever you're ready...Although I'm not sure how easily you can get to one, since you don't seem to be able to even get to a store to buy

I don't think it's possible to schedule a delivery time for a sample. Since your not paying for shipping they can ship it as cheap as possable which usually means there will be a five day window when the package can arrive.

The only way I can think of scheduling a package is by paying for overnight or two day shipping. But thats expensive (very) and it only works when your buying diapers. Also, there is no way to get a package delivered at midnight since delivery men don't work through the night (they need sleep too).

But when you order samples it's a good idea to use the name "Current Resident" that way if your "p.u." sees the package it just lookes like a promotional mailing. I got that from someone on this forum, don't remember who..... great idea though.

not possible i have had to order for my mother before and she made me look for a delivery time

This thread might help you:

http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...house-etc.html

my post:

Quote Originally Posted by the-ownage View Post
    This is an awesome option that I have used when I was in high school a couple years ago. UPS calls this "Hold for Pickup"

UPS: Hold for Pickup

I can get to a store, but they only run medium size, so I would have to order the large ones in. To do so, I would either have to look like a complete fool (DLism isn't so very much accepted around here) or give a false name. Both are undesirable: I'd like to keep my DLism private until I'm old enough to move out, and giving a false name is perjury.

#3 isn't really practicable, as I haven't actually told anyone other than the parental unit for the reason parenthesised above. #4 is semi-practicable if the same scheme works with Australia Post, but I need to frequent that store anyway so that could raise problems; nor does it help that an ID with my face and name would link me to my school and that the postal workers around here aren't known for their sense of others' privacy.

I seem to be in a rather complex little mess here.

Try the Point Blanch method:

1) Wait until you move out
    2) Move out
    3) Get the goods

Works so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post

2) Move out
    3) Get the goods

Works so far!
    While that will definitely work I don't think it's very practical.

Not practical? In what way? It's the easiest way to not get caught, and is absolutely free.

redtails

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post

2) Move out
    3) Get the goods
    4) Profit!

Works so far!
    Fixed it for you

What a wonderful plan, actually. Works for any adult that hasn't moved out of their parental house yet