Status
Not open for further replies.

NappiedTruckDriver

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Does any one else know why real cloth diapers of any type are so comfy ?
At the moment i'm wearing a baby kins extra padded Aio and it's so comfy also I've worn terry towelling sheet diapers and they are as well :cool:

I'd say it's subjective. They're bulky but all things being equal, I prefer disposables the vast majority of the time. So I think you find them so comfy for the same reason I like disposables and the reason most people would look at both of us as if we had a screw loose.

I grew up with disposable diapers and I prefer disposable diapers. I've used cloth diapers as well and I love them as well. The one thing about cloth diapers that I love is that the padding doesn't fall apart or shift.

i grew up with cloth diapers, but was out of them WAY too soon for my own liking. - Back in those days, laundering diapers was quite a "labor of Love" and most parents wanted their kids out of them as soon as possible, for obvious reasons. - But as a caretaker, this is a great way to really "spoil" a partner by showing that You really enjoy this "labor of Love" for them, or to "spoil" Yourself with this luxurious comfort. - Cloth diapers wick and hold moisture very well, and they feel immensely comfortable against the skin. - i Love babykins, Angelfluff, and "Loving Comfort" cloth diapers - :)

Gauze cloth diapers are very soft and feel good against "things". I did order some birdseye cloth diapers that turned out to be a little scratchy. I've washed them many times, but they haven't softened up very much. I only wear them during the day when I know I'll be changing out of them into the night weight gauze.

dogboy said:
Gauze cloth diapers are very soft and feel good against "things". I did order some birdseye cloth diapers that turned out to be a little scratchy. I've washed them many times, but they haven't softened up very much. I only wear them during the day when I know I'll be changing out of them into the night weight gauze.

You must be doing it wrong , what type washing powder do you use and how do you dry them ?.
I use a non bio (fairy in uk ) and tumble dry them

dogboy said:
I did order some birdseye cloth diapers that turned out to be a little scratchy. I've washed them many times, but they haven't softened up very much.

parcelboy2 said:
You must be doing it wrong , what type washing powder do you use and how do you dry them ?.

There seem to be a few birdseye diaper fabrics out there, but the birdseye diapers I got from Baby Pants were rather un-soft. Like dogboy, I washed and washed them, hoping the texture would become more pleasing, but it never did. In defense of Baby Pants, though, I have some of their twill diapers as well as some of their training pants, and those things are awesome. I'm not a birdseye fan, though. Or not a fan of the Baby Pants kind, anyway.

For a long time, you used to be able to buy Gerber-brand birdseye prefolds in Babies 'R' Us and department stores. They're less common now. Years ago, I bought a bag of these and found them to be quite soft and squishy, so I don't know. I think the weave as well as the yarns themselves were more open and airy.

Back on topic: I love the feel of cloth diapers -- of pinned-on prefolds, especially. I don't know if I'd call the feeling "comfy" so much as I would call it "diapery." I always know when I'm wearing a diaper -- which I like. My underwear is very comfy, but rather boring.

Cotton tail = i brought mine off UK Amazon from a company that makes baby diapers as well so propper stuff

I love the feel of my twill prefolds. I'm in a soaked one now and it still feels nice an comfy and warm.
I'm glad also to see some sunshiny weather so I can hang my diapers out side to dry.

parcelboy2 said:

I think this was a manufacturing product. I'm not sure where they're made or even, which country. I used to buy birdseye all the time and had no problem with them. My first diapers were as Conttontail said, Gerber birdseye, and they were very soft. I believe the scratchy birdseye came from Alltogether Diaper Co., and they have very good gauze diapers, but this particular pair is very different.

parcelboy2 said:
Does any one else know why real cloth diapers of any type are so comfy ?

Can you imagine, growing up mom thought putting me to bed in soft cloth diapers and smooth plastic pants would encourage dry nights. Not!!!

I prefer disposables they are more convenient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back