Why not a lot of ABDL people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toyfun

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
In this thread, i'm searching for answers, the peoples why not a lot of ABDL and why not know what is the ABDL. The peoples why see us silly when we said goo goo ga? And the main question, a lot of people not tolerate if somebody behave like baby. Why have got this? Maybe the accelerated world the reason?

I think (if I know what your saying) we are looked at different as "not being mature" that's the only answer I can think of.

I think the primary issue is that a lot of people have very clear distinctions between kids and adults, based solely on biological age. The other problem that comes with that is that the progression from perceived childish immaturity towards adult maturity is seen as a natural progression, and that any attempt to engage with your inner child is a psychologically unhealthy and backwards thing to do. I think a lot of people are also confused by ABDL, and individuals tend to fear that which they do not understand.

I don't think the world accelerating has changed views of us. I don't imagine that ABDLs in the 1940s, '60s or '80s would've been viewed in a kinder light than we are. Perhaps the opposite, as society's ultra-conservative attitude towards alternative lifestyles and sexual kinks has softened a little.

I'm okay with people thinking ABDL is kind of goofy or even stupid, my issue is with those who think it's somehow harmful or even connected to paedophilia. What we do isn't going to be well-received by most people, but I think gradually ABs/Littles will be considered as unusual rather than unhealthy.

I don't think many adult babies go "goo goo ga ga." That behavior is silly and even real babies don't say "goo goo ga ga."

I would think that people would think people who are AB/DL are not ready to be mature and face the real world. That is how some people feel about people wearing diapers who don't need to for medical use but some feel that way about IC people too which is sad IMO and bigoted. But I do not understand the pedophilia connection. I can understand where it comes from when someone wants to treat another adult like a baby and change their diapers, have sex with them. But I do not understand how it's a mockery to people who suffer from childhood trauma or have developmental issues. Some people find this okay just as long as you were abused as a kid or have a developmental issue.

Well, ...we are pretty silly. Western society sees ABDLs as either mentally defective or as moral degenerates, and treats them accordingly. Maybe we just have to accept this.

It's kind of funny but we may have done better in Egyptian society 130 years ago. Their laws and punishments were pretty severe but they had a hands off approach to insane people. The first westerner to accurately survey the pyramids wore a pink tutu and pink panties and they pretty much left him alone. Otherwise they would have been a lot stricter about some of his questionable methods regarding ancient artifacts he discovered. The penalty for smuggling was death by stoning.

Calico said:
I don't think many adult babies go "goo goo ga ga." That behavior is silly and even real babies don't say "goo goo ga ga."

A lot of what we do as ABDLs doesn't mirror what real babies or children do. We create our own ersatz version of childhood which works specifically for us, and I don't think the definition of anything being silly helps. We all practice ABDL in our own ways, and authenticity doesn't necessarily make one's little time more valid.

Sanch said:
A lot of what we do as ABDLs doesn't mirror what real babies or children do. We create our own ersatz version of childhood which works specifically for us, and I don't think the definition of anything being silly helps. We all practice ABDL in our own ways, and authenticity doesn't necessarily make one's little time more valid.

Sorry I hate that "goo goo ga ga" stereotype. People who talk about us and mention that do it in a mockery way. I don't do that and I have never met any other AB/DL who does. They all talk like normal people and socialize like everyone else and have normal lives and jobs and families. So to see none ABDLs say how we all go goo goo ga ga is so insulting. Even I haven't seen it on any documentaries where some take it to extreme to where they have a nursery and a mommy or daddy. Where does the "goo goo ga ga" come from?

Calico said:
Sorry I hate that "goo goo ga ga" stereotype. People who talk about us and mention that do it in a mockery way. I don't do that and I have never met any other AB/DL who does. They all talk like normal people and socialize like everyone else and have normal lives and jobs and families. So to see none ABDLs say how we all go goo goo ga ga is so insulting. Even I haven't seen it on any documentaries where some take it to extreme to where they have a nursery and a mommy or daddy. Where does the "goo goo ga ga" come from?

Okay, I understand what you're getting at. I similarly dislike that and any other phrase being used to mock ABDLs, but if someone within our community uses those nonsense words as part of their ageplay, I don't have any problem with it. I think that it doesn't have to be correct to feel right for one's little side.

After a cursory Googling, I can't find anything on the etymology for 'Goo goo gaa gaa', which suggests that someone just made it up and everyone was happy to go along with the usage of this unrealistic word to connote 'baby noise'! Even Dr. Phil used 'Goo goo gaa gaa' in a question during his episode with Baby Brett.

I`m so sorry i dont want mocked ABDLs and dont want debate. I'm crying.

toyfun said:
I`m so sorry i dont want mocked ABDLs and dont want debate. I'm crying.

Don't worry Toyfun, nobody thinks you mocked ABDLs. All we're saying is that sometimes non-ABDLs use the whole "Goo goo gaa gaa" as a stereotype to make jokes about us as a community. Nobody thinks you're laughing at ABDLs, and I'm sorry to have accidentally made you upset. Big hugs. :hug:

Stigmawarrior is an example who did it in her video about us on youtube. She thinks we all go "goo go ga ga" and crawl around. I don't even like to crawl and can't stand to do it. I also don't say "goo goo ga ga." I don't even post on incontinent forums either.

Big hugs :hug:

Calico said:
Stigmawarrior is an example who did it in her video about us on youtube. She thinks we all go "goo go ga ga" and crawl around. I don't even like to crawl and can't stand to do it. I also don't say "goo goo ga ga." I don't even post on incontinent forums either.

I think the issue is more that there are people like Stigmawarrior who belittle our community, than the fact the stereotypes they have about us don't fit every ABDL personally. Sure, we don't all say "goo goo ga ga", but a few appear to do so, and I enjoy crawling (as do plenty of other ABs I know).

It's natural to dislike people who criticise ABDLs, but I can't get on board with criticising people within our community for doing bits of ABDL which happen to reinforce some prejudiced moron's (largely misguided) criticisms of us.

Sanch said:
I think the issue is more that there are people like Stigmawarrior who belittle our community, than the fact the stereotypes they have about us don't fit every ABDL personally. Sure, we don't all say "goo goo ga ga", but a few appear to do so, and I enjoy crawling (as do plenty of other ABs I know).

It's natural to dislike people who criticise ABDLs, but I can't get on board with criticising people within our community for doing bits of ABDL which happen to reinforce some prejudiced moron's (largely misguided) criticisms of us.

I lost deep respect for her after I saw her bigotry video about us. I have no problem when people complain about AB jerks like trolling IC boards or trying to flaunt their diapers to everyone or trying to find a mommy and having it be all gimme gimme gimme but when they lump us all in one group saying we all do it and calling us all sick and how we are all a mockery to them and to people with trauma, etc. then I have issues with that person.

backindiapers makes great videos and she is incontinent herself and she has done some rants about AB jerks but the difference is she didn't put us all down, only talked about the ones who do things that are not okay. She is also a AB/DL. I think that came after her condition but she said she has always had AB/DL tenancies.

Calico said:
I lost deep respect for her after I saw her bigotry video about us. I have no problem when people complain about AB jerks like trolling IC boards or trying to flaunt their diapers to everyone or trying to find a mommy and having it be all gimme gimme gimme but when they lump us all in one group saying we all do it and calling us all sick and how we are all a mockery to them and to people with trauma, etc. then I have issues with that person.

backindiapers makes great videos and she is incontinent herself and she has done some rants about AB jerks but the difference is she didn't put us all down, only talked about the ones who do things that are not okay. She is also a AB/DL. I think that came after her condition but she said she has always had AB/DL tenancies.

Totally agree with you Calico. Too many people ruin it for the rest of us. I like the way this forum is well 'policed' but sometimes I do think newbies can get shot down a bit too easily and alienated. That aside, backin diapers is a great channel and I like the way she is keeping it pretty much all non ABDL. It sickens me to think that there are people out there who are so vulgar and in your face. I don't get it. And I don't even mean just in our little world - I've seen so many female profiles on POF which clearly state that they do not want to see pictures of someones bits and do not want to meet up for no-strings sex. They must get it that often they feel the need to re-write their profiles... I get the feeling that there are enough people out there who will respond positively to these (sometimes) vulgar and very forward styles of communication and that is what keeps them going. They play a 'lottery' and I guess they win often enough to validate the nature of their sexual conquests.

Sanch said:
Okay, I understand what you're getting at. I similarly dislike that and any other phrase being used to mock ABDLs, but if someone within our community uses those nonsense words as part of their ageplay, I don't have any problem with it. I think that it doesn't have to be correct to feel right for one's little side.

After a cursory Googling, I can't find anything on the etymology for 'Goo goo gaa gaa', which suggests that someone just made it up and everyone was happy to go along with the usage of this unrealistic word to connote 'baby noise'! Even Dr. Phil used 'Goo goo gaa gaa' in a question during his episode with Baby Brett.

Actually goo goo ga ha is suppossed to be a verbal representation of babbling this is even something im pretty sure I have heard from some real babies, well a variation on it as the is a very stick lyv set distinctive constanant vowel sort or set up that is Clear and easily understood. In constrast infants ten to npbe less clear as the time they would be doing this would be in the early language development stage, or what I call the auditory stimming pahse of language development, as they practice making a variety of sounds and lip and mouth cordination to make those sounds.. The sounds each baby makes tends to vary an a more realistic representation of the might be more a kin to goo gee gee gi eee ah wa da ih mmmm da da da mmm ma na ah With a variety of lip smacking they sticking out the tounge and making a noise and oth such facial movements mixed in. ( you get the idea I thinkk

So what I suspect is goo goo ga ga was an adults attempt to mimic or explain this stage of development to another adult or some such and it just really caught on

That's my thoughts on it anyways

It may be a representation of baby babbling but it has become offensive among the AB crowd. Just look at any YouTube video regarding adult babies and you'll see why, there is at least ONE comment along the lines of "goo goo ga ga change me I'm a fu@%ing loser!"

Oh, I know, I'm not saying it isn't offensive I was more commenting on the etiology of it since someone couldn't find it on google, I'm not entirely sure that is the correct history of it, it's just something that i believe to be most likelyNd seems the most logical explination

SilentlySpeaking said:
Oh, I know, I'm not saying it isn't offensive I was more commenting on the etiology of it since someone couldn't find it on google, I'm not entirely sure that is the correct history of it, it's just something that i believe to be most likelyNd seems the most logical explination

Which is essentially the point I was making. 'Goo goo ga ga' seems to be some adult's impression of infant 'speech', despite not sounding remotely like the noises any little one actually makes. I think it got picked up because it sounds cute, and people ignored the fact it wasn't linguistically accurate for any development stage whatsoever.

Sanch said:
Which is essentially the point I was making. 'Goo goo ga ga' seems to be some adult's impression of infant 'speech', despite not sounding remotely like the noises any little one actually makes. I think it got picked up because it sounds cute, and people ignored the fact it wasn't linguistically accurate for any development stage whatsoever.

I agree though am I odd for thinking it doesn't sound cute to me? In feels weird I know it is meant to be cute but vocal it feels.....choppy? Odd? Baby bable is very often moth it makes sense the noises they make an link fit well, that to me just doesn't (sorry I grew up with a lot of nieces and nephews so baby sounds are pretty familiar to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back