Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why not a lot of ABDL people?

Default Why not a lot of ABDL people?

In this thread, i'm searching for answers, the peoples why not a lot of ABDL and why not know what is the ABDL. The peoples why see us silly when we said goo goo ga? And the main question, a lot of people not tolerate if somebody behave like baby. Why have got this? Maybe the accelerated world the reason?

I think (if I know what your saying) we are looked at different as "not being mature" that's the only answer I can think of.

I think the primary issue is that a lot of people have very clear distinctions between kids and adults, based solely on biological age. The other problem that comes with that is that the progression from perceived childish immaturity towards adult maturity is seen as a natural progression, and that any attempt to engage with your inner child is a psychologically unhealthy and backwards thing to do. I think a lot of people are also confused by ABDL, and individuals tend to fear that which they do not understand.

I don't think the world accelerating has changed views of us. I don't imagine that ABDLs in the 1940s, '60s or '80s would've been viewed in a kinder light than we are. Perhaps the opposite, as society's ultra-conservative attitude towards alternative lifestyles and sexual kinks has softened a little.

I'm okay with people thinking ABDL is kind of goofy or even stupid, my issue is with those who think it's somehow harmful or even connected to paedophilia. What we do isn't going to be well-received by most people, but I think gradually ABs/Littles will be considered as unusual rather than unhealthy.

I don't think many adult babies go "goo goo ga ga." That behavior is silly and even real babies don't say "goo goo ga ga."

I would think that people would think people who are AB/DL are not ready to be mature and face the real world. That is how some people feel about people wearing diapers who don't need to for medical use but some feel that way about IC people too which is sad IMO and bigoted. But I do not understand the pedophilia connection. I can understand where it comes from when someone wants to treat another adult like a baby and change their diapers, have sex with them. But I do not understand how it's a mockery to people who suffer from childhood trauma or have developmental issues. Some people find this okay just as long as you were abused as a kid or have a developmental issue.

Well, ...we are pretty silly. Western society sees ABDLs as either mentally defective or as moral degenerates, and treats them accordingly. Maybe we just have to accept this.

It's kind of funny but we may have done better in Egyptian society 130 years ago. Their laws and punishments were pretty severe but they had a hands off approach to insane people. The first westerner to accurately survey the pyramids wore a pink tutu and pink panties and they pretty much left him alone. Otherwise they would have been a lot stricter about some of his questionable methods regarding ancient artifacts he discovered. The penalty for smuggling was death by stoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I don't think many adult babies go "goo goo ga ga." That behavior is silly and even real babies don't say "goo goo ga ga."
    A lot of what we do as ABDLs doesn't mirror what real babies or children do. We create our own ersatz version of childhood which works specifically for us, and I don't think the definition of anything being silly helps. We all practice ABDL in our own ways, and authenticity doesn't necessarily make one's little time more valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    A lot of what we do as ABDLs doesn't mirror what real babies or children do. We create our own ersatz version of childhood which works specifically for us, and I don't think the definition of anything being silly helps. We all practice ABDL in our own ways, and authenticity doesn't necessarily make one's little time more valid.

Sorry I hate that "goo goo ga ga" stereotype. People who talk about us and mention that do it in a mockery way. I don't do that and I have never met any other AB/DL who does. They all talk like normal people and socialize like everyone else and have normal lives and jobs and families. So to see none ABDLs say how we all go goo goo ga ga is so insulting. Even I haven't seen it on any documentaries where some take it to extreme to where they have a nursery and a mommy or daddy. Where does the "goo goo ga ga" come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Sorry I hate that "goo goo ga ga" stereotype. People who talk about us and mention that do it in a mockery way. I don't do that and I have never met any other AB/DL who does. They all talk like normal people and socialize like everyone else and have normal lives and jobs and families. So to see none ABDLs say how we all go goo goo ga ga is so insulting. Even I haven't seen it on any documentaries where some take it to extreme to where they have a nursery and a mommy or daddy. Where does the "goo goo ga ga" come from?
    Okay, I understand what you're getting at. I similarly dislike that and any other phrase being used to mock ABDLs, but if someone within our community uses those nonsense words as part of their ageplay, I don't have any problem with it. I think that it doesn't have to be correct to feel right for one's little side.

After a cursory Googling, I can't find anything on the etymology for 'Goo goo gaa gaa', which suggests that someone just made it up and everyone was happy to go along with the usage of this unrealistic word to connote 'baby noise'! Even Dr. Phil used 'Goo goo gaa gaa' in a question during his episode with Baby Brett.

I`m so sorry i dont want mocked ABDLs and dont want debate. I'm crying.

Quote Originally Posted by toyfun View Post
    I`m so sorry i dont want mocked ABDLs and dont want debate. I'm crying.
    Don't worry Toyfun, nobody thinks you mocked ABDLs. All we're saying is that sometimes non-ABDLs use the whole "Goo goo gaa gaa" as a stereotype to make jokes about us as a community. Nobody thinks you're laughing at ABDLs, and I'm sorry to have accidentally made you upset. Big hugs.