Thread: Art! (edited)

Default Art! (edited)

In art class in learning how to use only the right side of your brain alone to draw. And i cant seem do get it :/. Its sayed to like put you in a trance like state and allows you to focus better.
    Last edited by Rational; 01-Feb-2009 at 04:24.

Wait, what? I'm intrigued by these, how you say, Right Side Drawings.

I think you are going to have to further explain. Is this a particular technique, or are you saying you are not good in art?

I see... Well, just try to BS this assignment. I don't believe in that "right and left brain" crackerbarrel theory. Maybe it's just a stupid way of saying "you draw better when you're relaxed"?

Just draw like you normal do. Using only the right side of your brain alone to draw is a weird idea, are you sure your teacher ain't trying to BS you?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStar View Post
    In art class in learning how to use only the right side of your brain alone to draw. And i cant seem do get it :/. Its sayed to like put you in a trance like state and allows you to focus better.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    I see... Well, just try to BS this assignment. I don't believe in that "right and left brain" crackerbarrel theory. Maybe it's just a stupid way of saying "you draw better when you're relaxed"?
    I hope that the teacher is pointing out that throughout the day we have cyclical patterns of dominating hemispheres. Like dolphins. Indeed, this is how neuroscientists first stumbled on this.

That said, when you notice that you're feeling more artistic, let loose and draw. Keep a record of these times over several weeks and you may end up with a rough plot of what to expect throughout the day.

All of my arts teachers have mentioned right brain techniques at some point. One of them was exercising the right half of the brain by drawing things upside down and then flipping the paper. It kind of worked... but it might just as well have been my imagination.

I suppose some of the techniques could be worth something at times, but primary school art teachers tend to think a lot too much of it. I mean, what would Da Vinci's drawings and paintings be without the use of his logical brain?

Quote Originally Posted by PadDaBrat View Post
    All of my arts teachers have mentioned right brain techniques at some point. One of them was exercising the right half of the brain by drawing things upside down and then flipping the paper. It kind of worked... but it might just as well have been my imagination.

I suppose some of the techniques could be worth something at times, but primary school art teachers tend to think a lot too much of it. I mean, what would Da Vinci's drawings and paintings be without the use of his logical brain?
    Yeah your defintely on to something there. He makes us draw the outline of faces and a seconed face to make a vase.