View Poll Results: are young AB/DLs gonna have it easier than we all did?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, young AB/DL's are gonna have it easier

12 44.44%
  • no, young AB/DL's are gonna have it harder

2 7.41%
  • maybe, we'll just have to wait and see

10 37.04%
  • other

4 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: here's something crazy!

Question here's something crazy!

We are now entering the year 2015, iPads are not just for geeks, CD's are on their way out, nobody has owned a RAZR for half a decade, and many children born in the beginning of the new millennium are starting to hit puberty. What does all this mean besides technology is in anything and everything?, young AB/DLs are finding out about their desires and likely battling with them morally, ethically, or religiously. Today, January 13th, 2015, somewhere in the world a young AB/DL will likely steal their first diaper from a younger sibling, a young AB/DL with more morals will probably finally gain the courage to buy a pack of GoodNites, and a young AB/DL will probably get caught buy their parents. Its crazy to think that a kid born when the first Ipod was released, will be buying diapers for the first time today, it could be anyone, the awkward kid who you see on the morning commute, the rich kid whose garbage you pick up, or maybe its just that kid who lives in the trailer park and wants to be an engineer. The point is, all around the world, every single day, young AB/DLs are just finding out why they stole their little cousin's pull-ups when they were five, why they always felt weird walking past the baby aisle, or why they like to watch seseme street, Its crazy how time flys...

Time is funny like that. It zooms forward even though almost everyone wishes it wouldn't.

It's interesting though, the stuff you said. I wonder if this is going to become more common with the next generations, or less? I guess I don't really mind either way. It's just fun to wonder sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Time is funny like that. It zooms forward even though almost everyone wishes it wouldn't.

It's interesting though, the stuff you said. I wonder if this is going to become more common with the next generations, or less? I guess I don't really mind either way. It's just fun to wonder sometimes.
    I guess, personally I'm glad it's 2015, personally I think overtime it will get more common.

I voted other. I think that it's really difficult to tell if it's easier on them or not. A lot of older members here will tell you that the availability of internet will make their lives easier. That might well be true. It's so easy now to go online and to find other folk, to find this site, to find out that it's ok to be like this. And I think that's a great thing. Unfortunately, they also have the added hurdle that so much is online now-a-days. If someone finds out about their 'thing', whether because they told them, or because they posted a picture online that they probably shouldn't have (something which is all too common today!) then there's a lot of misinformation and extremists about that might well make it difficult for the young one to explain properly how they feel. For example, if I ask google 'what is an ABDL?' the first three results are from yahoo answers (obviously a hotbed of well sourced and valued information!) and two internet slang dictionaries, which are never great.

Another thought, back when I first started coming onto fetish based websites (not this one, this ain't my thing, and I was 17(!) when I found this) my parents didn't really check my internet history, they didn't realise the trouble I could be getting up to online. I think parents are a lot more aware now, so being caught out by your internet searches must be pretty common for the youths today!

Agreeing with Talula on this one for the following reasons.

1) Being young does not mean it's going to be easier, some young people want to rush their childhood right away.
    2) Some young ABDL's might expose too soon and will probably get bullied if they decide to show during middle or high school (thus, being miserable and suffering depression)
    3) The constant complaints with family if they are ever discovered.
    4) You can't get a reasonable answer from someone other than the internet.

and the list will go on and on. I can easily point out that there are some major repercussions about this but hey, who am I to judge. Some teenagers who are AB/DL's want a organization or group so that they can express their feelings but we hardly have them. Some family members will consider therapy and for a younger person, that actually will be a bit hard because they might think what they are doing is wrong and the parent is trying to change the teenagers life but it's his/her life so why should the parent run it? Of course your supposed to obey your family but why listen to everything where you yourself would disagree on a few things.

I think its going to be about the same now as it was for me.

I'd say the biggest change would of been between the generation without internet and with. I can't imagine growing up without having internet, without knowing there where others like us. And having no one to talk to that understands.

acorn

Other than the internet nothing has changed between my time as a youth and now with the current crop of youths. I'd suggest if anything it is harder now to be a youth. At a given stage in development we all stop looking for support from our parents and focus more on our peers. The big problem then is that they (nowadays) will look to the interwebs for advice and have to run the gauntlet of faceless well-wishers and equally faceless trolls. In this case they are often disadvantaged by their inability to distinguish between the two, this can come at a high price to the unwary. Bottom line for them, if somebody does not have a vested interest in your well-being, what they have to offer may not be for your benefit. Oft times stupidity is the price of innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by computerProgrammer View Post
    I think its going to be about the same now as it was for me.

I'd say the biggest change would of been between the generation without internet and with. I can't imagine growing up without having internet, without knowing there where others like us. And having no one to talk to that understands.
    But people did find each other before the internet. I mean, it wasn't as easy as it is now, with a quick google search (who remembers the internet before google?), but people still did it. Human resilience is amazing! People sought out other people and ABDLs met other ABDLs and it was wonderful. Just not as common or easy!

But you're right. The internet has made things so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Talula
    But people did find each other before the internet. I mean, it wasn't as easy as it is now, with a quick google search (who remembers the internet before google?), but people still did it. Human resilience is amazing! People sought out other people and ABDLs met other ABDLs and it was wonderful. Just not as common or easy!

But you're right. The internet has made things so much easier.
    Yea, but most people weren't able to find that they weren't alone till they where older. // and there would be much more risk involved in seeking others.

It's definitely getting easier. I would argue this for 2 main reasons:

(1) Mainstream culture, at least in most developed countries, is becoming more open-minded on kink and alternative sexualities. This isn't the generation where you can freely discuss your kinks in vanilla spaces, but it is increasingly one where your friends won't much care if they find out.

(2) The most prominent sites in the online ABDL community, that is, what someone would likely find first, are improving by leaps and bounds every few years. Bad sites die and get replaced by higher-quality communities in a cycle, and those which have lasted longer than the cycle have done it by improving themselves (ADISC among them - this has grown into a better site than when I joined by a number of measures).

A starker way to make this point: 5 years ago, Deeker was still up. 10 years ago, Deeker was up, DPF's very problematic forums were too, and all of today's higher-quality sites were either not yet founded or in their infancy. What someone finds at the top of Google searches today is a far more positive representation of the community than what one used to find.