New updated wellness signature series diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter1070

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow nice photos. I might have to get some of these diapers for my daytime use.

I just got a sample in, haven't tried them yet. On first inspection, they almost remind me of the total dry x-plus plastic, kind of soft. They almost seem a bit thinner than the previous superio, but I haven't got one of my old ones out yet to really compare against.

If they're a signature series, who's signature is on them? I hope to god it isn't mine!!! Maybe it says something clever like our signature spot on the blog, something like: "I"m A Big Baby!" Okay, I'm just being silly here. The idea of a signature series for an adult diaper struck me as funny.

Hey All,

I just got my sample in today. Well, TWO samples actually. In the past you only got one sample. What I like is that unlike older runs, these are totally white all over. They remind me of the baby diapers I wore for my bed wetting in the mid 90's. accept that the tape tabs had baby print across the front of course. But brings back memories for me. They are also thicker than the last run of the Superio line too. The last run was half as thick. I still have 3 1/2 bags from the last run. Guess I need to order a case of these new ones when I can afford it. They also claim these new line will hold 2.6 liters and are rated to last 8 hours. Going to wear it tonight and see. :)

-Stanley

I'd like to hear how these perform. However, I've found that the claims that Wellness makes about their products is pretty much wild fantasy. On the last version of the Signature series, I don't see how they can claim you could get by with 3 a day or how the one could hold...oh what was it...4 liters? No.

Were those samples sent discreetly? I'm supposed to get one but I need to know how careful I need to be about receiving it...

Hi Tomviper,

It came in a grey waterproof envelope with a sticker saying "EBM Ventures" and the company's address. And below that is my name and address. That's it. So yea, discrete.

-Baby Stanley

Wore the diaper all night, it seems to act in a very similar way to the ATN diapers with it being very squishy. Personally, I don't really like this new version, I might give it another shot, but I liked the previous design run (it also was pretty much all white, only had a tiny bit of blue as a wetness indicator, they had already abandoned the printed taping zone a few months ago). I put a previous Superio next to the new ones, they are about the same thickness.

Edit: Changed the diaper. It ripped very very badly that SAP got everywhere and it ripped the new plastic. I've never had a Superio ever rip like this, personally I think it is another case of them reducing quality to save on costs. I used to love the original wellness briefs, but they also changed the plastic and leaks now with many pinholes. I'm crossing my fingers that the northshore mid-range diapers come out soon, otherwise I guess its going to be XP Medical Absorbency Plus 3 for the time being.

Last edited:
Well I did get a free sample from them. Unfortunately I have discovered that there is a diaper out there that is actually to big for me sadly. I am 6'6" tall and apparently I could not use their x-large so any review I can do is going to not be any good. Those where samples of their superio diapers as well and not the regular ones fyi. The superio diapers appear to be improved in as much as I can tell. the leak guards appear tall and solid looking and the new plastic backing is better as in I think it's average now which is better then before. As for the padding it appears to be exactly the same and the old superio's where able to hold 86 ounces and these look about the same. Next time I am going to go get a large instead of a x-large because their sizing chart is not accurate and I know those will fit me considering how big the x-large where on me.

I initially thought the plastic was better, but when pulling the tapes off of the landing zone, it completely ripped the underlying plastic under it. Aside from that, I think part of the issue for me is I prefer a solid rather than squishy diaper when it's wet, this one seems to go more into the squishy realm. It didn't seem to squirt out much when pushing it like the ATN do, I might give it another shot this evening to see if it holds a lot of wettings or not.

...I've found that the claims that Wellness makes about their products is pretty much wild fantasy.
Yep. I think they have some dubious claims and their marketing seems over the top to me.

...personally I think it is another case of them reducing quality to save on costs...
It wouldn't be the first time. The original wellness diaper was thick and I was very impressed. It would have stayed my favorite diaper if it weren't for that damn thing called greed. It didn't take them long to redesign it and cut out some of the padding and absorbency to increase their profit. Booooo!

I haven't tried this new verion. Not sure I want to from my previous experience with their products.

The original unique wellness briefs was my favorite diaper for a long time, I would wear them every day at work or wherever. Then they compromised and I pretty much had to throw out an entire case because almost every one had pin holes. Superio come out and I was hesitant to try it, but it took over as one of my usual diapers. Personally, I thought the prices were always a bit high for what you get, so I would never buy unless they had a 20% off of deal or sometimes even the 10% off. They aren't in the same league absorbency wise as the higher end diapers, but yet tried to charge for that price. I will probably just stick to the Absorbency Plus 3 diapers until the new Northshore ones come out that are around the same level of absorbency. Really don't want to have to keep playing the coupon/promo game anymore that unique wellness has.

Im about to submit the email for the free sample. How does the sample come in? Is it fairly discrete?

Pretty much, gray bag envelop that says EBM Ventures on it. I did find an Total Dry X-Plus, the new Superios are almost exactly like them in so many ways it seems like, the plastic is very very close to it as is the taping zone. I just never had the total dry ones tear like the new Superio do.

I got the sample saturday. It came with 2 diapers which was nice.

I put one on last night it contained several large wettings which was nice. But i really really hate the tapes. There is only 4 tapes total 2 on each side with no other tape for readjusting. Thats BS other diapers I used had double tapes for readjusting.

The landing zone is supposed to be for readjusting the tapes, which worked better with the previous set of tapes/landing zone. Now it will just rip easily, the plastic is just weaker on this version. Its just one less plastic backed diaper worth my money now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back