Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever weigh your diaper

Default Ever weigh your diaper

So, I had to change out of my diaper and footie PJ's cause we were expecting company - and, I saw the scale. I was curious. My wet diaper weighed just over 2 pounds. I'm pretty sure it would have held a lot more though.

Quote Originally Posted by Layne0033 View Post
    So, I had to change out of my diaper and footie PJ's cause we were expecting company - and, I saw the scale. I was curious. My wet diaper weighed just over 2 pounds. I'm pretty sure it would have held a lot more though.
    No, although it sounds fun. As long as you clean the scale up afterwards.. you know. Yeah. I would say put a plastic on or it or something, but we don't want to interfere with the results! :O

Only that one time when I wanted to see how well SAP absorbed quicksilver. (That's a lie.)

I do have a nice digital scale, though.

That might sound fun actually haha. Might try that for a heavy Diaper one day :3

Hehe. I've done that but not so directly. I was wearing three cloth nappies once for the entire day while having a huge gaming session. I weighed myself at the end of the day and I had four kilos of pee! (I had been partaking in certain alcoholic beverages)

Never weighed any of them, but my garbage can at week's end is too heavy to lift (glad it has wheels!), kinda feel sorry for the garbage man, but I am sure he knows to be careful with "that guys can" by now!

I often weigh used nappies when trying out new brands.

Recently had a weight of nearly four pounds from my overnight Comficare L10, which was not quite to the point of leaking.

Always when trying out new brands. Weigh the clean diaper + a plastic bag first, then again after it's been used and bagged. Subtract weights to get how much was absorbed. That gives a very objective measurement for how much is being absorbed. I'd also keep an excel sheet with average capacity and notes about each brand I've tried, but that'd get awkward if it was ever found somehow, and I'm careless enough with my computer I know I'd leave the sheet open (or someone would click it in the recently worked on documents listing)

lol I did that once. Weighed myself before and after wetting. I was heavier but I don't remember by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arietta View Post
    As long as you clean the scale up afterwards.
    Unless you weigh yourself while wearing it.