Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you double up?

Default Do you double up?

I haven't yet tried proper adult-baby diapers like Bambino yet, I just rely on store-bought ones; usually Boots' 'Stay-Dry Slip' (UK). However, as these aren't all that thick, I usually find that it feels a lot better to put 2 on at once, to get that wonderful bulky feeling.

Quite often I'll wear a smaller size underneath, for a tighter fit to prevent leaks, and a larger one on top, which still fits OK. Also, I usually poke holes in the outer skin of the inner diaper, so that wetness can get through to the outer one, increasing capacity.

Does anyone else regularly wear multiple diapers? Or are the high quality diapers thick enough for you.

I use either forma care xplus or comficare L10 so no doubling up needed , also I wear terry nappies so deffo no doubling up needed with these just plastic pants

It's not a regular thing for me since I only buy thick diapers (Bambinos, M4s, etc), but I do occasionally double up.

I double up on cloth prefolds fairly often -- not out of necessity, but because the thickness can be fun.

No, because I find it's a waste of a perfectly good diaper.

Every once in a while I will double up one of my messed up bunnypants, but usually, I just throw a booster in for extra protection/bulk.

I guess it would be better to use some sort of booster rather than a 2nd diaper, but unfortunately I don't know of anywhere near me to get hold of them easily. Would have to order online probably.

Quote Originally Posted by atechno View Post
    I guess it would be better to use some sort of booster rather than a 2nd diaper, but unfortunately I don't know of anywhere near me to get hold of them easily. Would have to order online probably.
    There is some good to doubling up and not necessary for doubling up.

The pros of doubling up is that,

• Extra thickness
    • Feeling
    • Somewhat extra absorbency (Not much, possible leakage)

and the cons of doubling up.

• Wasting a diaper (They cost a good chunk of money)
    • Possibly breakage
    • Not useful for discreet

Online, you can get most out of your diaper supplies that you could not online. Some online ABDL stores sell thick diapers if you want that or average diapers with boosters that will give you either that extra thickness feeling or extra absorbency. Some good ones are Amazon, Xpmedical, and Bambino. If your a heavy wetter, then you would be perfect for a booster but if you don't wet as much, it may not be necessary to get a booster or just using money for a thickness feeling when you can save money and stuff your diaper to make it bigger with a possible baby diaper you can pick up from a store. It's easy to stuff a diaper and making it bigger rather than just putting two Abena M4's together.

Just use an M4 and buy either a Pampers Cruisers, Extra protection, or a baby dry and just stuff, will save you lots of money rather than buying this extra stuff while spending more.

Almost impossible with my nighttime thickness cloth prefolds. Sometimes wear a
    pair of training pants under my AIO's.