Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Incontinent
  6. Other
If I can buy a T-Shirt for 5 dollars or less made of cotton Or a night gown/dress cotton for 13 and less then why is it so hard to find a onesie for less than 40 dollars. Also whats wrong with clothing distributors. If your tall your fat.If your skinny your small. Im 6'6" and skinny 200 lbs I have a hard time buying pants. I want a onesie that is soft and hugs me but is long enough. I got fed up with abdl websites and tried finding normal body stockings that incont people wear but I cant find a single website that does not ask for insurance info, or if i do i cant find where to add to cart and check out. So i made my own tonight. It was originally a 3xl long sleeve t shirt that i cut down and added snaps. It doesn't feel good it hurts. its still not long enough. It is not my fault the shirts are the same length from xl to 4xl they just get wider. Can someone help me out? I need a body stocking preferably white or black that i can wear out. I need one for work. I also need one for sleeping I just want a cozy onesie. Its so hard!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tried aww so cute they are 19.99 but they are always coming soon. and many other sites.I like the pink aww so cute! But i cant wear that to work and there sizing chart is bogus. It makes no sense to me

a big t shirt, some scissors, snaps and a basic knowledge of sewing should be able to make a bare bones onesie in about ten minutes give or take.

kitterdafoxy said:
a big t shirt, some scissors, snaps and a basic knowledge of sewing should be able to make a bare bones onesie in about ten minutes give or take.
Hey..thats a great idea!!! *hugs to you*

The onesies I buy tend to be around 30 bucks, if I buy two of the same kind, I usually get 5 bucks off with one of their promo codes. You have to buy a couple to offset the shipping. Most of the big name places for abdl do overcharge a lot. I get mine from a place that mostly makes them for autism folks. Preventawear is what I use. I usually make in the comment when buying to have four buttons and they will gladdly do it instead of their normal 2. They have a lot of patterns, only one or two are really babyish. I tend to wear them to work, so usually have the white ones.

If you're in the US you can find some at Target and K-Mart for about $20 apiece... not sure how they'll work on someone your height tho.

i made my own tonight. It was originally a 3xl long sleeve t shirt that i cut down and added snaps. It doesn't feel good it hurts. its still not long enough. It is not my fault the shirts are the same length from xl to 4xl they just get wider.
I did that. Im wearing it right now its a bit short. It hurts between my legs.also sewing is fine but having the patience to sew is another thing it took 2 hours and I suck at making knots that stay they always come out.

- - - Updated - - -

The onesies I buy tend to be around 30 bucks, if I buy two of the same kind, I usually get 5 bucks off with one of their promo codes. You have to buy a couple to offset the shipping. Most of the big name places for abdl do overcharge a lot. I get mine from a place that mostly makes them for autism folks. Preventawear is what I use. I usually make in the comment when buying to have four buttons and they will gladdly do it instead of their normal 2. They have a lot of patterns, only one or two are really babyish. I tend to wear them to work, so usually have the white ones.

How do i know which one is long enough to fit me? I wear xl t shirts because of the length but large sized shirts fit me perfect just not long enough

- - - Updated - - -

FeekaDimension said:
If you're in the US you can find some at Target and K-Mart for about $20 apiece... not sure how they'll work on someone your height tho.

they are long enough for me without a diaper but with one i cant fit into it without tearing my diaper. except they are like wearing those pants women wear that dont cover their ankles. and the sleves are perfect.

Are you talking about footed pajamas or the body suits that are like leotards with snap crotches? I think there may be some confusion.

Ok... having different words for different country is fine in English language !!but why they all have to be the same words different meanings lol... this wasn't well thought out.

But yea finding clothing sizes that are tall and not wide is an interesting endeavor now days it seems.

Are you talking about footed pajamas or the body suits that are like leotards with snap crotches? I think there may be some confusion.

a shirt with underwear attached and easy access to a diaper that hides it at work and with friends.

You have to realize that this is a different product that doesn't have a whole lot of demand. It's a specialized product. No normal person would wear snap crotch shirts just because. Especially when it comes to those products that have those juvenile prints. Your lucky to have it priced at $30-$40. Back in the beginning of the internet these things were priced at $100 or more.

A lot of these items are handmade by individuals. These things take time to make, they put their own money in to make products for a rather small community of us. Imagine making these items, imagine running a business that takes time and effort to run. Would you want to make a dollar or two off of each product you make? Would you be happy making $2.00 off of several hours of work? Not to forget to mention the fees associated with selling these items on the internet?

As advanced as this world seems, things aren't as automatic as they seem.

From the farmers that spend a year growing/harvesting cotton, to the people that turn that raw material into something viable. To the transportation of the cotton to companies that turn that into fabric. Then it gets shipped to the company or individual that makes that onesie. All the other machines, supplies, time and effort, the fees associated in having a method of selling it to you. Don't forget about the snaps, they also went through a very similar road of travel. Then the product gets to go through a shopping service to get to you. Now imagine all the people that had some part in making your onesie, you think they would want to make next to nothing for their time and effort. I don't think you'd want to work at McDonald's for scraps either.

magnolia said:
Hey..thats a great idea!!! *hugs to you*

Thanks, that's one of my early Cub expirements from a number of years ago, I made a guide YEARS ago, it's pretty bad but I could post it if you want a laugh!

mattyd said:
The onesies I buy tend to be around 30 bucks, if I buy two of the same kind, I usually get 5 bucks off with one of their promo codes. You have to buy a couple to offset the shipping. . . I get mine from a place that mostly makes them for autism folks. Preventawear is what I use. I usually make in the comment when buying to have four buttons and they will gladly do it instead of their normal 2.
Yay! Finally, sensory-friendly material! It's about dang time! Is the comment spot in the "contact us," part, & the place for promo codes is at checkout, right? Where do you get the codes? Tight, Autie-appropriate hugs!

Sitherus said:
If I can buy a T-Shirt for 5 dollars or less made of cotton Or a night gown/dress cotton for 13 and less then why is it so hard to find a onesie for less than 40 dollars. Also whats wrong with clothing distributors. If your tall your fat.If your skinny your small. Im 6'6" and skinny 200 lbs I have a hard time buying pants. I want a onesie that is soft and hugs me but is long enough. I got fed up with abdl websites and tried finding normal body stockings that incont people wear but I cant find a single website that does not ask for insurance info, or if i do i cant find where to add to cart and check out. So i made my own tonight. It was originally a 3xl long sleeve t shirt that i cut down and added snaps. It doesn't feel good it hurts. its still not long enough. It is not my fault the shirts are the same length from xl to 4xl they just get wider. Can someone help me out? I need a body stocking preferably white or black that i can wear out. I need one for work. I also need one for sleeping I just want a cozy onesie. Its so hard!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tried aww so cute they are 19.99 but they are always coming soon. and many other sites.I like the pink aww so cute! But i cant wear that to work and there sizing chart is bogus. It makes no sense to me
Well, you're an inch taller than me, and have a few pounds on me...but I find that the medium onesies from Baby Pants are a perfect fit for me. They're really long and stretchy! You might could get away with a large, but it would probably still be too long to wear before you shrunk it a bit in the wash. Good luck tho.

tallbaby said:
Well, you're an inch taller than me, and have a few pounds on me...but I find that the medium onesies from Baby Pants are a perfect fit for me. They're really long and stretchy! You might could get away with a large, but it would probably still be too long to wear before you shrunk it a bit in the wash. Good luck tho.

if you are nearly the same size and weight as me why suggest a size larger?

Sitherus said:
if you are nearly the same size and weight as me why suggest a size larger?
Well...I'm 6'5" tall, and 170ish pounds, 32" waist. 34" inseam pants usually are long enough (maybe you have a longer torso than legs, mine are very much equal length). You also said you got XL shirts for length's sake even tho large fits you correctly in the shoulders. I get large shirts for length's sake but medium is usually a better fit in the shoulders. I was kinda going on that...but if you have other questions about 'em, feel free to pm or reply here again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back