TheDipsters Exclusive Interview With Snuggies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a good listen. Thanks for posting! I was hoping he'd give us more of a look at future product plans, but then they've only just released their first product, so I can think of plenty of reasons for his keeping quiet.

I do hope they -- or somebody -- eventually give us a non-ABU, single-tape option, ideally with some elastic in the wings to help surpass the finicky fit of Cushies. That would be rad. Basically, I'm still hoping for the oft-wished-for modern Pampers for adults. I'm not holding my breath, though!

I'm glad that I seem to have been wrong about Snuggies. When their web site first appeared, their downright goofy investor packet had me convinced they were a scam and would never bring anything to market. Instead, they've made something that a lot of people like, which is great -- not just for them and for the people who buy it, but also for the ABDL diaper market in general. A bit of solid competition might inspire more innovation.

Last edited:
An interesting interview. I'm officially excited about your site and future content.

The point that struck me as most interesting was the point he mentioned surprise at the fact that "it's mind-boggling" that nobody else has put so much detail into an ABDL diaper product. To my mind, the answer is that various people have tried to make detailed diapers since 2007, the year when Classy Comfort and Bambino were introduced and he states he almost went forward with releasing a product, but nobody has done a very good job at it.

ABU tried several times to make particularly authentic ABDL diapers, but was hindered by its legendary incompetence. Bambino is a side-venture of the people behind Secure X-Plus, and while I think they deserve a lot of credit for offering a high-quality ABDL diaper at a good price, haven't had particularly authentic-looking prints and their business model for that hamstrings them from doing much more than the landing zone print. Fabine has a realistic-looking design built at a sky-high price-point. Aww-so-cute has a less realistic design at a sky-high price-point. A number of others...just haven't really got off the ground.

I'd say all of these businesses tried and just didn't do nearly as good a job on the details, though I do give Bambino a partial pass given the value their product does offer.

To use an overused term, Snuggies is disruptive. They're doing things noticeably better than what already exists. I like their first run well enough, and I'm really optimistic about their second run and other future products.

Cottontail said:
I do hope they -- or somebody -- eventually give us a non-ABU, single-tape option, ideally with some elastic in the wings to help surpass the finicky fit of Cushies. That would be rad. Basically, I'm still hoping for the oft-wished-for modern Pampers for adults. I'm not holding my breath, though!
Cuddlz all over print?

Overnight said:
Cuddlz all over print?

I wouldn't mind trying these, but, design-wise, they seem very similar to Cushies -- still no elastic in the wings. I also have to admit that I prefer the cloth-like covers to the plastic. Blasphemy, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back