Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non sexual fetishes

Default Non sexual fetishes

Recently, I've been wondering if it is possible to have a non sexual fetish. I can think of 3 very distinct objects that I have been obessed with since I was 4 or 5. I have little or no experience of them and I never get a sexual reaction to them, but I think about them just as much and to the same intensitiy as diapers, if not more so.

Sleeping bags - I can remember pestering my parents for one of these every time I saw them. Never got one, in fact my parents have forbidden me from having one (). I have slept in one once or twice, and even though I felt too hot I loved it.

Parka jackets - Never worn one of these, though I have memories of thinking about them back when I was in nursery school (3-4 years old). Crazy thing is now they are fashionable, but I still can't have on even though they are in shops because my Mum finds them 'chavy'.

Wetsuits - Never worn one of these either, though first time I saw one I knew I wanted to try one on. This would have been a bit later, probably about the age of 6. Never really stopped thinking about them. Same goes for the other two things in this list.

I imagine that some of my interest in these items comes from the sensory affects that Asperger's has on me, but been as I have little or no experience of them, I can't be sure. So, do you think it is possible to have a non sexual fetish? Do you have any of your own? Any ideas why you do?

it's not a fetish because a fetish is a sexual lust for something.

probably just the sensory overload like you said.

   /ˈfɛtɪʃ, ˈfitɪʃ/ [fet-ish, fee-tish]
    1. an object regarded with awe as being the embodiment or habitation of a potent spirit or as having magical potency.
    2. any object, idea, etc., eliciting unquestioning reverence, respect, or devotion: to make a fetish of high grades.
    3. Psychology. any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation.

thus saying that it can, or can't, be sexual. It is usually used in the sexual lust form, nonetheless. I have a feeling it's just a sensory overload, like you said.
    I have a nonsexual fetish for toesocks and wristbands. I just love wearing them. :P

Not true Chillhouse:

1. An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
    2. An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.
    3. Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
    4. An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.

So it could be 2 or 4 I guess.

I think I share a similar thing, with the sleeping bags and wetsuits (and Parka Jackets if they are what I think they are).
    Something about being tight up in something... I like to wrap my duvet around me as if it was a sleeping bag.
    I'd quite like to sleep in a coffin in fact. But coffin brings bad connotations, like one lined with covers.

I sometimes stick a bone through my nose. I've done it ever since I was a child, should I tell my spouse?

Wait, dicti-owned? Shouldn't the word after the hyphen have two syllables?

This will kill me!

Catgirlz! AKA Nekomimi, or 'Neko' as it's called on the interwebz. This has to be is my second favorite fetish!! I mean, they're so, so, cute and I get a happy feeling every time I even think about Neko. Am I furry though? No. It only consists of cat ears and a tail 95% of the time. See visual aids for deTails:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1232827685445.jpg 
Views:	754 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cuuuuute.jpg 
Views:	774 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	313  

Oh yes it is possible to have a nonsexual fetish. I think more about gaming then i do my infantilism. as well as crocheting and late 80's and really 90's gansta rap(no jokes please). Of course I have Aspergers as well, so obsessions are to be expected.

Well, I have seen non-sexual fetishes being ramifications of actual sexual fetishes, in fact, I have seen testimonies of people who have, for example, a fetish for donuts, but they have clarified that they are absolutely non-sexual.