Is liking something as a little the same as liking something as an adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
To expand on the question, for example: I just bought a MLP Dependeco cloth diaper, but as an adult, I don't like to watch MLP, I tried it once, and it was ok, and I could possibly enjoy it, but I would certainly have to be regressed. So, if my little side finds it cute still, does that make me an adult that is a Broni, or am I just a kid that likes MLP stuff because it is cute?

I don't know if this answers your question, but I'm kind of in the same boat with you on MLP. I've considered watching it when little, but my adult self has no interest in it.
So, I'd say no. They're not the same.

My little self likes diapers but as an adult I just feel silly when I wear them so i would think of your little as a separate person in that regard.

My little is who I am as a big also (for the most part), so... I don't think that helps much ^^;;

I'm pretty much the same as you. I don't see what the big deal surrounding MLP is in my big head space but when I'm in a little head space I found that I enjoyed it much more.

Tyger said:
To expand on the question, for example: I just bought a MLP Dependeco cloth diaper, but as an adult, I don't like to watch MLP, I tried it once, and it was ok, and I could possibly enjoy it, but I would certainly have to be regressed. So, if my little side finds it cute still, does that make me an adult that is a Broni, or am I just a kid that likes MLP stuff because it is cute?
That second thing. Definitely the second thing.

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't know why it matters much, but I just never saw myself as a MLP fan, but my little side just finds some of it really cute.

I think that you could just find it visually cute but kinda boring? I mean.. something can just be adorable to look at and visually amazing... but that's it.

Or perhaps you aren't really that interested in MLP at all, but just love what it symbolized to you when you are in your Little space.

Lastly you could quite possibly you like MLP, but when you that you are in your "adult mode" that you are holding any enjoyment of it back by other complication emotions and a general possibly even subconscious and ingrained feeling that this isn't something you should like that ruins the entire experience, but when you no longer let those inhibit you in your Little Space.

I don't find liking something as a little and an adult to be the same, but I find both experiences to be equally valid. For example, as an adult, I'll usually like a book because the narrative is interesting and it's intellectually stimulating. As a little, I tend to enjoy a book because the pictures are cute, and it has nice little rhymes or counting games in it.

The experience of liking something as an adult also tends to be cognitively different, for me at least. If I'm in my favourite adult clothes, I'll feel mature and confident, and that's quite an assertive feeling. However, if I'm wearing one of my much loved babyish onesies, I'll feel all little and snuggly, and that's quite a calming, and more personal feeling.

Lets put it this way. I like MLP because the show is well written, has in-jokes that kids wouldn't get and the voice actors are amazing.

I feel like I have more feelings about what I said before! Something about how.. like, like..

I understand that some people separate their little/adult spaces real tight, but I feel like if something inside your heart can like something as a kid, maybe you could like that when you're big too! Maybe you just need to stand back and think about the good points, and not be so bothered by the fact that it's for kids! I think in a way, that's a real important part of really growing up!

Maybe.. if that makes sense. The stuff I said before is kinda still how I feel about the specific case the OP is talking about though.

On one note for posterity's sake, I'm not too fond of MLP in neither adult nor baby state of mind. I can still dig the art, but not so much the show.

As for the topic at hand, I personally don't have separate interests for both states of mind. I just happen to like adorable things and find certain charms in child-like things, even as an adult. Even then, I still feel that my personality alters a bit in regressed state; I tend to procrastinate more and feel much more apathetic about it in my regressed state, when as an adult, I would be trying to get projects done all the time.

But, you do have me wondering a little bit about this.

I love MLP no matter when I see it. I've even worn pony shirts to work.

But on point, I don't separate a little side from a big side. I'm just me. I just happen to like unusual stuff like diapers and footie PJs.

Also, mood plays a big role. sometimes I want very adult, dark, intellectually stimulating stuff. Other times I want happy things with bright colors.

I am someone who doesn't separate my little side as much from my adult side. Usually I like the same things, but more G, or PG, rated versions. For example, a video game that's rated E would suit my little side, and at times my adult side would still want to play it, too. I don't walk around as a 24/7 little or anything, with the short-alls and a teddy. My little side is very much just integrated into who I am, though. I guess some people have completely different sides. When I view my husband, who is a LG, I see his (adult) eyes light up when he sees something cute that his LG side might like. So I think even though he swaps genders when little it's still integrated into him, too.

Maybe your situation is different, Tyger. Don't be ashamed to like a TV Show. Who cares about that stuff, life is way too short. But if that's not it, then maybe you're just very different when little, or maybe you're way better at regressing than I am and you can change your whole mindset. Who knows.

Frogsy said:
Maybe your situation is different, Tyger. Don't be ashamed to like a TV Show. Who cares about that stuff, life is way too short. But if that's not it, then maybe you're just very different when little, or maybe you're way better at regressing than I am and you can change your whole mindset. Who knows.

Thanks, it is funny, I have actively tried to avoid watching it because there is a stigma about it. I watched it last night though and found it pretty enjoyable for my little side. I do need to care less about what people think about that fact, which is funny, because I have pretty well reached the point of not caring about people knowing about my little side.

The way I see it is that your little side likes it and your adult side does not. Your little side likes the cuteness of the show and as an adult you don't see anything in the show that appeals to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back