What's your style?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty boring I guess .... Print t, jeans and vans for public appearances occasionally topped with a flany(check flannelette shirt... lol) at home leisure pants are my thing (well you know what goes under them hahaha)
I must admit I am about comfort...though I may venture just slightly down the hipster trail for dressing up. Strictly no bow tie though or beard hahaha

casual jeans tennis shoes and polo shirt

I don't know if I can describe a specific style for me, usually jeans, a T-shirt, and sneakers, sandals, or flip flops depending on the weather and what I am doing.

T-Shirt, Cargo Pants/Shorts, and Vibrams is the norm for me.

I usually begin any fashion and attire decisions based on the degree in which I will be in public. My most private place is while I am at home (with or without my wife). We live out 22 miles from the nearest town, so I assume it is safe to say that my wife and I live quite rurally.

We own a 1960's ranch style home that is approximately 1950 Sq Ft. located on six and a half acres of former orchard land. the mountain lodge house is nestled between a quarter mile of our private creek frontage and is bordered by three other main properties.

We have only one neighboring family whose house is over a half mile away with no access to our property. Two of the other properties are non-accessible (land locked) public park and forest lands with no roads, structures or other evidence of human occupation. The largest parcel is a vast, majestic forest on a mountain side, managed by the US BLM. The smaller is a 9 acre parcel that borders the creek connected to our private property. It is maintained by the Oregon States Parks.

To get to our house a person has to have a key to our locked gate on an Oregon State Park easement one half mile from our house (and only my wife, I and the fire department have a key).

For this reason we have an unprecidented level of privacy, compared to most people. When at home, I reserve the right to dress in any manner that suits me, which typically is quite utilitarian and pragmatic. Depending on the temperature inside my house, I am usually in what others would consider various degrees of undress which includes complete open air nakedness (not very often, 10% of the time), particularly if I am treating a diaper rash ), in only a diaper or plastic pants(65% of the time), in diapers or plastic pants covered by a flannel night shirt (20% of the time). In cargo shorts , or blue jeans with a T-shirt (5% of the time), usually If I know I am planning to take a garbage can down to the street Bi-weekly.

IF I'm going to town, I wear fairly bulky diapers and plastic pants under cargo shorts , or blue jeans with a T-shirt. or collared button shirt, with a fleece zippered jacket if it's cold out. On vacations out of town I wear mostly the above, with an ocassional pair of pleated pants thrown in for variety.

Last edited:
Casual - jeans or t-shirt in winter, shorts in summer. "Business casual" at work (Dockers, Haggar).

I prefere black coloured completely, but dislike baby clothes.

Someone sometimes calls me "Metallica" or (more frrecuent) "Kurt Cobain..." Why ?:laugh:

Casual, lots of earthtones. Currently a brown sweater with a grey horizontal stripe, and black jeans. And sneakers. If I ever stray from brown, grey and black, it's probably to a blue or olive green. I learned the hard way that dressing up just doesn't do it for me. It's not who I am.

i'm just work and play, or what may be called 'scruffs'. what's generally referred to as 'smart', i call sissy, and it was my mother's bane to get me to dress-up in fancy crap, when i was younger.

contrary as i am, it's only true that i look a bag o' shite in anything fancy. inwardly and outwardly, i'm rough and ready.
add to that my size: being stuck in early teen-sizedom pretty much limits you to school uniform, for 'smart' clothes, and the reason why i hate shopping for clothes. usually, i'll grab something off the rack as i see it. except for of late, i've not needed to upsize my attire (not since i was 12, anyway) and, with changing styles, i've manage to keep ahead of 'wearing until they're worn out'.

i had to buy some gear for my aunt's funeral, recently, and while i'd managed to find a not-too-bad top, my choice of pants was, too small or too big. i got the latter, naturally, for with modern cuts tending to be the 'hang halfway down the backside, showing your shitbox to the world' stylee, rather than with the waistband being fitted at the waist.
as you can see, if i were to dress smartly, i'd do it properly and not pander to the fads of idiots. but i'm not rich enough to do that :biggrin:

Polo shirts and Nylon Wind pants unless fancier bottoms are needed Levis Black 550's otherwise Nylon is king for me. I love Nylon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back