Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your style?

Default What's your style?

As someone who works in fashion, this is one of my favourite topics of discussion.

I tend to really like dressing quite formally, even if I'm just doing casual things like going to the pub or shopping. I love wearing a blazer, shirt & tie* (*or knitwear) and loafers, and just feel more confident when I'm dressed that way. So, I guess I'd say my style is kind of Preppy, but I lean slightly more to the Mad Men aesthetic. If it's summer, though, I'll sometimes go more casual with graphic t-shirt and shorts.

How about fellow ADISCers? How do you like to dress? Do you just slip on the comfiest thing you can find, or have you developed a specific style which is all your own?

I guess I would go with "red neck".

Sweat pants and a pocket tee shirt. Shoes if I am going out and do not care what other people think.

I don't know what you would call my style. I mainly wear a t-shirt and black cargo pants.

I'm mainly into the whole "simple as I can get away with" thing.

At work that's basically somewhat dressy pants and a polo shirt. Usually black, but I have some blue, red, and grey.
    Outside of work I usually go for sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Pretty casual. Mostly jeans, although I did start wearing shorts again last year in the warm weather - I have to keep my legs shaved now because I swim. T-shirts, turtle/mocknecks, sweaters, simple blouses.

Football hooligan casual
    Jeans, designer polo shirt and pastel coloured jumper.
    White Adidas trainers

While it's not really my goal, I guess my style is closest to indie. Jeans, t-shirts, plaid button-ups, hoodies. It's pretty normal tbh, not really a specific style, but with how my clothes are, that's probably the closest.

Definitely casual. I wear whatever feels most comfortable to me. Although sometimes from time to time, I'll wear a video-game related shirt.

I'm pretty drastically feminine even in my "adult space", sometimes I really still cling to the youthful stuff.. but sometimes it's more "mature" feminine as well. Most of the time though I crawl through the world trying to find things with a happy vibe, happy colors, dresses and skirts are usually a must. So.. preppy, girly, femme, whatever you wanna call it. Hehe.

Lots of us on the casual/simple/comfortable side.

I often go to town dressed like I'm going hiking in the mountains. Outdoor pants (one size too big) and T-shirt. 2 long sleeve T-shirts now in winter (I prefer that to having one thick layer). Running shoes almost always.

Sometimes I enjoy dressing up to theatre or a similar occasion, but not too often.

At one point of my working life I had to wear suit+tie every day and I hated that (especially when combined with the daily commute in super hot or super freezing weather). I felt like I was faking something.