Who's your doll friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I've only realised quite recently that I enjoy dolls, and love what's known as nurturing play. I find it strangely therapeutic to do things for my Sweet Sounds Baby Stella doll, like feed her her bottle, help her get dressed and cuddle up with her at night time. So, for me, my doll friend is Baby Stella, as she makes such nice noises, and is made from the same snuggly material as plushies, as opposed to the traditional plastic used for dolls.

So, fellow ADISCers - do you have a doll who's special to you? And if there's anyone else with a Baby Stella, which outfits/accessories/etc. do you have? There's so many...and they're all super cute! :D

417aayHVe8L._SY300_.jpg

I think I still have "Baby George", my sleeping buddy from actual babyhood. I may have to dig him out of storage.

I myself have a baby doll.
His name is "Baby Precious".
I sleep with him.
I give him lots of hugs and nurturing too.

I have a big stuffed tiger that holds a heart saying, "I love you." My fiancé got it for me on valentine's day, because it resembles Hobbs from the comic strip that I love reading. Seeing as she works nights and I work days, we get very little snuggle time. So we got each other a snuggle buddy to help pass the time.

As for actual dolls, I have my 4 Lalaloopsy dolls and Amber from Sofia the First, all of them occupy one side of my bed. Sometimes I do hold them or whatever but I only do cuddling with either of my teddy bears.

I have a cabbage patch doll from when I was a little girl that I love. I want to get her some baby clothes and a stroller :)

- - - Updated - - -

Your baby is so cute by the way

Not into dolls. Too girly for me. I have lots of plushies though.

Well, what can I say, I'm a sissyfur so I have this very cute felt fox doll with a dress, I'll post pictures if you guy want.

I collect dolls and toys, so I switch up favorites a lot. My first build-a-bear, "Jennifer," is p special to me though. I currently have her dressed in a dress from when I was a baby and it fits her perfectly.

I also really like the Best Pals dolls. I have one of the Jim Shore ones (with brunette hair and brown eyes, just like me!) in my plushie bin from when we moved. I'll have to dig her out as well as the other Best Pall doll I have (the Asian one).

Illinoise said:
I think I still have "Baby George", my sleeping buddy from actual babyhood. I may have to dig him out of storage.

I found "Baby George" today, and, wow, I must have been rough on him back in the day. The poor doll had both an arm and a leg broken off. LOL

I have quite a few Ball Joint Dolls. They are kind of breakable, so I do have to be a bit careful with them. I love to change their outfits and stuff like that.

I tend to view my dolls as.. companions less then babies most of the time. I've never been all that interested in nurturing play, and tend to view dolls like my Lalaloopsies as my friends and not my babies. Most of my precious friends are in this category... and there is quite possibly too many to list. One of my first was this doll that I adopted from a thrift store that I just call Dolly.

Other then that though? Um.. the one toy I do reguarly do the nuturing play with and feel happy doing so is the um..

4JiymhA.jpg

This baby Sweetie Belle that came out forever ago. Part of it is that she calls me mommy when I play with her, so that helps.. and she's a pony and not a person princess like me so she needs extra special help right? I do think that's a part of it too.. so it's kinda like pet ownership and not actually having a baby. I take real good care of her though.

Do action figures count? :biggrin:

If they do it's one of the many Ninja Turtle Toy's I have. Probably Donatello.

SnowBlitz said:
Do action figures count? :biggrin:

If they do it's one of the many Ninja Turtle Toy's I have. Probably Donatello.

I myself have quite a few G. I. Joe action figures, the 12" ones.

I have a bunch of Cabbage patch dolls. I don't really play with them just collect them though

I don't have any actual dolls that I can dress up and play with like that yet, but I have been wanting one for a long time. I have a few Disney princess dolls including Elsa, Tiana and Belle. I always imagined myself taking care of a baby doll as so cute. I agree with Penny that a stroller would be amazing.

I kinda have a stuffed animal, named buster, who is a dog, wearily enough, nothing in that category because there too hard to senk.

SirNapsALot said:
I've only realised quite recently that I enjoy dolls, and love what's known as nurturing play. I find it strangely therapeutic to do things for my Sweet Sounds Baby Stella doll, like feed her her bottle, help her get dressed and cuddle up with her at night time. So, for me, my doll friend is Baby Stella, as she makes such nice noises, and is made from the same snuggly material as plushies, as opposed to the traditional plastic used for dolls.

So, fellow ADISCers - do you have a doll who's special to you? And if there's anyone else with a Baby Stella, which outfits/accessories/etc. do you have? There's so many...and they're all super cute! :D

417aayHVe8L._SY300_.jpg

I still look after and care for my really Bigs Papa Smurf from when I was 3yrs old :) Does he count? :cloud9:

SirNapsALot said:

417aayHVe8L._SY300_.jpg
Mine is not necessarily a doll, but rather my favorite and best friend Dylan my teddybear.

Here's a picture of Dylan and me snuggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back