Bambino Bellissimo Review (Updated Fall 2016)

Is it still worth buying? I've never used the bellissimos before and I have hear do they are great

- - - Updated - - -

*and I have heard they are great

hex000f said:
Do you still have the old specs stored somewhere so we can have a comparison? Particularly total absorbancy?

My measurements showed a drop of 300 mL (from 2000 to 1700).

The other clear differences from the previous specs are that they're thinner and about two inches longer. The previous review was from roughly 2 years ago, when people noticed changes on the batch after they had a run that was printed upside down.

If I were a diaper sales rep, I'd be so terrified of you, Fruitkitty. Even given that ADISC isn't that gigantic, that updated review explaining how they've lost thickness and absorbency is the kind of thing that represents at least a few thousand dollars in lost sales. If not more. I know I'm going to be buying another box of Little Pawz when I next need to restock rather than Bellisimos.

ArchieRoni said:
If I were a diaper sales rep, I'd be so terrified of you, Fruitkitty. Even given that ADISC isn't that gigantic, that updated review explaining how they've lost thickness and absorbency is the kind of thing that represents at least a few thousand dollars in lost sales. If not more. I know I'm going to be buying another box of Little Pawz when I next need to restock rather than Bellisimos.

Ditto. I've been a loyal bambino buyer for years now. But this, along with the fact that they somehow felt justified in raising their prices TWICE in the past year...while also coming out with just one stupidly overpriced diaper--while others have come out with TONS of other options?

Yeah, no thanks.

I'll be buying from ABU exclusively from now on, so long as their prices and quality stays consistent. Bambino would do well to strive for the same thing.

Hi All,

We hope everyone had a great weekend! Just wanted to weigh in here about our Bellissimo diapers!

The specs on this diaper and our other diapers have not changed in regards to the fluff, core, amount of SAP used, weight, etc. In terms of the thickness, we are looking into why some of the diapers may looking temporarily thinner due to the bag tightness. While this may adjust the thickness while in the bag, once the diaper is removed it should fluff back up normally for those instances where customers are reporting a thinner appearance.

The absorbency is the same as it was before as well with the same type and amount of SAP (the stuff that absorbs) being used. Hey Fruitkitty, how did you most recently measure the absorbency of your Bellissimo diaper? Our Bellissimo diapers have a much larger capacity than 2000ml! Please let us know!

Thanks, everyone!

Reactions: mercyswolf
OfficialBambino said:
Hi All,

We hope everyone had a great weekend! Just wanted to weigh in here about our Bellissimo diapers!

The specs on this diaper and our other diapers have not changed in regards to the fluff, core, amount of SAP used, weight, etc. In terms of the thickness, we are looking into why some of the diapers may looking temporarily thinner due to the bag tightness. While this may adjust the thickness while in the bag, once the diaper is removed it should fluff back up normally for those instances where customers are reporting a thinner appearance.

The absorbency is the same as it was before as well with the same type and amount of SAP (the stuff that absorbs) being used. Hey Fruitkitty, how did you most recently measure the absorbency of your Bellissimo diaper? Our Bellissimo diapers have a much larger capacity than 2000ml! Please let us know!

Thanks, everyone!

I can answer that since fruitkitty's testing method is already in the opening post:
"To test the capacity of this diaper quantitatively, I ran a test to simulate use. I put a diaper on and then repeatedly poured water into the front of it in 100 mL increments and sitting down in a chair for 30 seconds each time to give the diaper a chance to absorb the liquid, pace the process, and see if it would leak when sitting. After 700 mL of water, I noticed wetness around the leg cuffs. At 800 mL, it took effort to close my legs. At 1000 mL, the front felt constantly wet and very swollen. At 1400 mL, I felt like I was sitting in a puddle. At 1600 mL, I felt like I was sitting in a pond. At 1700 mL of water, the diaper began to leak on my chair, and I ended the test."

What I want to know is what tests did you do to conclude that "Our Bellissimo diapers have a much larger capacity than 2000ml!"

We will be running a test of our own tonight after work hours. So busy around here! Stay tuned!

Hey Everyone,

Happy Friday!

Last night we ran an absorbency test of our own for our Medium Bellissimo diapers. Before we share the results, we would like everyone to understand the following:

1. Humans don't pee water, running any test with water will not give you accurate readings of the performance of the diaper. Water added to SAP will make diapers or any other incontinent product swell 1200 times compared to 60 times in urine/synthetic urine.

2. At Bambino Diapers, we pride ourselves on our diaper core technology. We engineer our diapers to hold a large amount of liquid with the core staying in one piece, not falling apart like others.

3. A human bladder does not release 100ml every 30 seconds. A fully distended bladder can hold between 250-300ml of urine.

4. In Fruitkitty's method of testing, pouring water down the front side of the diaper and sitting every 30 seconds, that means the diaper could not be fitted properly to the body each and every time, causing leaks. Also, there is no incontinent product in the world that is designed to have 100ml injected every 30 seconds for up to 10 minutes!

5. Absorbency in a diaper means nothing if a core falls apart and the diaper becomes too heavy for the user!

Side Note - Fruitkitty, we LOVED your in depth review with all the pictures! We would love to talk to you about your reviews and observations.

Now to our testing - We took the time to test our Medium Bellissimo diaper last night. We placed the diaper flat on a table and poured in 500ml of water (we used water for an apples to apples comparison) every 3 minutes. Just to let everyone know, the proper way to test for absorbency is ISO 11948-1 Absorbency Capacity testing!

We poured in a total of 4000ml of water with even more room for the diaper to absorb! We then took the diaper and put an 8 pound water jug on it to show there were no leaks. We then placed a piece of paper towel in between the diaper and the jug to see how wet the paper towel would be. There was minimal wetness retained on the paper towel. That means the Bellissimo core sucked in and retained the liquid. The goal is to keep the skin dry and comfortable!

Please see the attached pictures of our testing.

We hope this answers some questions and clears up any confusion.

Thank you all for reading and have a great weekend!

Best,
Bambino Diapers

vTJvNya

nizXMNu

w0j1BPs

1ZBVyfg

I wore one of these yesterday, it lasted 8 hours before I had to change anyway since it was bedtime. Despite allegations of a drop in quality I still think these are worth buying since they have good absorbancy and a design & print combination that looks like it belongs on a baby diaper mores so then the competition's designs.

Our testing should be posted soon! Just waiting for a moderator to approve!

I have found that the last two cases of Bellissimos I've purchased were of good, consistent quality. They didn't feel too thin, and coverage is better than the ABU SDK variants. Perhaps adding more fluff to all four varieties would be a good move, with taller standing leak barriers. My suggestions for these improvements would include the Bianco, Teddy, and Classico in addition to the Bellissimo. I have also found the pastel blue taping panel on the Bellissimo to be more attractive than that on the ABU Simples. And for that reason, I continue with the Bellissimos while looking at other potential brands. As for their sizing: I find the mediums to be a near perfect length, and the tapes land over the center panels instead of above them. I prefer this in any diaper I purchase. When the center panel is not long enough to accommodate this, that's when I start looking for other brands. Thanks for the heads up, OfficialBambino.

OfficialBambino said:
Hey Everyone,

Happy Friday!

Last night we ran an absorbency test of our own for our Medium Bellissimo diapers. Before we share the results, we would like everyone to understand the following:

1. Humans don't pee water, running any test with water will not give you accurate readings of the performance of the diaper. Water added to SAP will make diapers or any other incontinent product swell 1200 times compared to 60 times in urine/synthetic urine.

2. At Bambino Diapers, we pride ourselves on our diaper core technology. We engineer our diapers to hold a large amount of liquid with the core staying in one piece, not falling apart like others.

3. A human bladder does not release 100ml every 30 seconds. A fully distended bladder can hold between 250-300ml of urine.

4. In Fruitkitty's method of testing, pouring water down the front side of the diaper and sitting every 30 seconds, that means the diaper could not be fitted properly to the body each and every time, causing leaks. Also, there is no incontinent product in the world that is designed to have 100ml injected every 30 seconds for up to 10 minutes!

5. Absorbency in a diaper means nothing if a core falls apart and the diaper becomes too heavy for the user!

Side Note - Fruitkitty, we LOVED your in depth review with all the pictures! We would love to talk to you about your reviews and observations.

Now to our testing - We took the time to test our Medium Bellissimo diaper last night. We placed the diaper flat on a table and poured in 500ml of water (we used water for an apples to apples comparison) every 3 minutes. Just to let everyone know, the proper way to test for absorbency is ISO 11948-1 Absorbency Capacity testing!

We poured in a total of 4000ml of water with even more room for the diaper to absorb! We then took the diaper and put an 8 pound water jug on it to show there were no leaks. We then placed a piece of paper towel in between the diaper and the jug to see how wet the paper towel would be. There was minimal wetness retained on the paper towel. That means the Bellissimo core sucked in and retained the liquid. The goal is to keep the skin dry and comfortable!

Please see the attached pictures of our testing.

We hope this answers some questions and clears up any confusion.

Thank you all for reading and have a great weekend!

Best,
Bambino Diapers

vTJvNya

nizXMNu

w0j1BPs

1ZBVyfg

No human's don't pee water. It should be more of a saline solution. So Fruitkitty's test is flawed. However human's don't lay a diaper flat on the table to wear it either. We have contour, curves and shape. Each one of us slightly different than another. So your test is flawed as well.

Fruitkitty's test while leaving room for improvement gives a much clearer picture of what a diaper can hold in a real world application.

The Bambino lab test is what the diaper can hold if every bit of SAP has been used in the most ideal of situations.

I think we can all agree the "most ideal of situations" never happens outside of a lab. Why do you think Kimberly Clark spends so much money on real world diaper testing? It's because baby's don't live in a lab, and their adult diaper loving counter parts don't either. Bambino has been a great ambassador for the ABDL community when no other company was willing to step up. I think we all thank you for that. You've helped pave the way for your direct competitors many of whom who have caught and some surpassed you in support and involvement of the community. You have a huge advantage on name recognition alone but I'm certain you know that your market share is shrinking. The new diapers coming to market change several times a year. You can either lead or fall behind. It's your choice.

Reactions: mercyswolf
Back