Thread: Hearing Aids

Default Hearing Aids

Does anyone wear hearing aids? I've been having trouble hearing about found out right before Christmas that I'll be getting hearing aids next week.

I don't personally wear them, but my mother is an Audiologist so I've been around them all my life. She wears them too now for high-frequencies. I dont know if you're having any worries about getting them but, depending on what brand you get, hearing aids can actually be really hard to spot. On that note, Oticon is the best company out there for hearing aids :3 (imo of course)

A friend of mine has them for one ear, and my dad should probably but he's too lazy to get them... Other than that, don't know much about them myself.

That's plural for me, closed BTE type.

Lifelong always had a level of hearing loss (unilateral) that gradually got worse over time. Never did anything about it until I suffered sudden onset deafness - idiopathic, in the good ear. While it is still technically the good ear, I'm left with; 25db-0.5k, 50db-4k, 60db-6k. The other is; 60db-0.5k, 95db-4k,

Wait till you have to deal with piss-takers, ooh what joy. Between mime artists and those who happily inform you that wanking makes you deaf, that says nothing of the passive-aggressive multitasking types who perform fellatio on their pen while trying to hold you in conversation.

What I'd say is that if you find people deliberately trying your patience, make a point of moving away from them before the argument. Leave them to work out for themselves as to why you give them a wide berth, never confirm or deny their pondering on the subject.

One of my Coworkers does.

I was all set to get them and went to the ENT just to make sure there wasn't some other problem (they did end up sending me for an MRI), but they said my hearing was pretty normal in one year though diminished in the other. They didn't think I needed them unless I really was bothered.

I'll be getting a behind the ear model, I know that much. I forgot the brand. My audiologist said that I may only need them for a short while, as they may help my hearing improve. I'm not that death.

I have been fortunate enough to care adamantly enough about my hearing so as to not experience hearing loss of any kind [yet]. Unfortunately my dad finally got hearing aids and my grandfather [dad's side] uses them as well. Could very well run in the family but considering their jobs are/were farming related that involved lots of loud, heavy machinery and neither of them wore earplugs (dad started to but only a few years back); could mean I might beat it out.