Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you explain being little to someone outside the community?

Default How would you explain being little to someone outside the community?

So recently I've had to try to explain what it means to be a little to one of my best friends as well as my step mother. Both instances are long stories, but everything turned out well. Thing is I struggled with trying to explain what it meant to be a little to either of them. I thought I'd ask you guys see if anyone had some good input?

This isn't exactly something that comes up a lot, but pretty much what I say is that my brain went and got a college degree, but my heart never left kindergarten. That's about as detailed as I get.

Oh man, I wondered this alot myself. Let's see, when I told my BF about mine I told him that she's my Other cause she kinna is since I can't block her out and if I try, I zone out hardcore. It's the hardest thing to explain to someone. I think I also told him that I just feel another age a lot too.

When I told my best friend I just told her that I'm a little kid at heart. I never really grew up and I still enjoy little kid things.

My inner child is close to the serfurce and very much a part of me .
    That part of me still sees the wounder of life the joy and magical parts of life.
    Maybe if every one could enjoy life like I can it would be a better place.
    The simple thing's make me happy .
    A great day for me is colouring cartoons simple stuff.
    Little gifts make me happy in side.
    Did not making cookies form scratche fun with a kid still can be.
    That brings me joy.

Should we not try to make others happy.
    I some times hear some say I wish I could do that a again .
    Most parents do through there kids some of us still are little in side.

But my little can be hurt easyer sad we hurt one another in life.
    Just like you can hurt some one's feelings .
    Who said we have to be a certain way as long as me get the job done .
    Why cant we make it fun when we need to play grown up we can.
    It was once said the children shall show the way maybe christ ment be more child like enjoy life learn to play.

You live longer and your not hurting any one.
    To kill that little in me can cause harm and take the joy out of life.
    For we are one being.
    So dont mad that God made me this way he new what I was going to be and here I'm.

Just know I love spring flowers butterfly's most of all my heart is like a little joy and sparkles to you .
    Last edited by foxkits; 02-Jan-2015 at 22:38.

I just say that I'm very young at heart, and this is what I like and it makes me happy.

I don't dare go into the more personal aspects, or the baby stuff, but my whole family and all my friends know about everything else. Heck my family's even given me compliments.

Trying to explain this is really tough, though really it shouldn't be. I mean everyone was little once right? Everyone knows how little feels. For us little is still there. The vulnerability, the happiness the wonder , but perhaps mostly the need for security.

Being a little means being carefree, not being troubled by perceptions or expectations, being spontaneous, being observant and surprised easily....being a bit absent minded at times, distracted by your thoughts .... in a world of your own.

All of this is the magic of being little....the richness bubbling just beneath the thin veil of adulthood that serves to protect its vulnerability, that masks the little within and is there to cope with the external pressures, perceptions, expectations and responsibilities.....Certainly things that all adults must deal with but the bigger the little inside, the more difficult it is to keep it covered.

We push our natural responses and emotions to the dark recesses of our minds to meet necessities of adulthood, but unfortunately this has the same effect as putting ourselves into a dark place, something which can be upseting and disturbing for little people. Just imagine a world which allowed us the freedom to be.

Apparently when you've got it together psychologically, you successfully integrate your little self into your adult self....WTF does that even mean???? That to be a healthy and functional adult, you must disolve the magic of being little ... Screw that.... My little is well and truly in tact, full of fun and mischief, and looking for cuddles. It saddens me to say it but I have been clever enough to create an adult suit of armour that gets the job of being big done. Boy it feels good to crawl out of that heavy and burdensome covering and be me.

Long live my little.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    Trying to explain this is really tough, though really it shouldn't be. I mean everyone was little once right? Everyone knows how little feels. For us little is still there. The vulnerability, the happiness the wonder , but perhaps mostly the need for security.

Being a little means being carefree, not being troubled by perceptions or expectations, being spontaneous, being observant and surprised easily....being a bit absent minded at times, distracted by your thoughts .... in a world of your own.

All of this is the magic of being little....the richness bubbling just beneath the thin veil of adulthood that serves to protect its vulnerability, that masks the little within and is there to cope with the external pressures, perceptions, expectations and responsibilities.....Certainly things that all adults must deal with but the bigger the little inside, the more difficult it is to keep it covered.

We push our natural responses and emotions to the dark recesses of our minds to meet necessities of adulthood, but unfortunately this has the same effect as putting ourselves into a dark place, something which can be upseting and disturbing for little people. Just imagine a world which allowed us the freedom to be.

Apparently when you've got it together psychologically, you successfully integrate your little self into your adult self....WTF does that even mean???? That to be a healthy and functional adult, you must disolve the magic of being little ... Screw that.... My little is well and truly in tact, full of fun and mischief, and looking for cuddles. It saddens me to say it but I have been clever enough to create an adult suit of armour that gets the job of being big done. Boy it feels good to crawl out of that heavy and burdensome covering and be me.

Long live my little.

When you're around kids you can be a little kid yourself and pretend that life is magic and you don't have to be one of those sweaty people going to work every day.
    Amy Winehouse

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...CJeEAUvVA9m.99

I'd explain that it's basically a logical extension of how everyone acts and feels a bit childlike sometimes, and that ABDLs are simply at the far end of a spectrum which the vast majority of society is on.

Most of my friends in their mid-20s (and beyond) still get nostalgic for the music that came out when we were pre-teens, find fart jokes hilarious and reminisce about how fun it was to just run around in the countryside nearby and have the freedom to be carefree and be a bit of a nuisance! Being an AB/Little channels the same thing, only it tends to go further, both in terms of the age gap of one's regression, and the intensity/desire of that regression.

Despite the stigma surrounding ABs/Littles, our regression is actually fairly relatable for a lot of people, once they're willing to look past their preconceived notions of us as a community.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post

Long live my little.
    ozbub, you said exactly what I feel, and a bit more (added bonus)! Being little is a part of me, always has been, always will be. The need for security, comfort, safety are all something that I have needed, but not always received, so now I look after that for myself. Some days, the feeling of being 4-5 or 6 is far more up front in my thoughts, other days I have a mindset of a 40 something year old man, but the toddler is always lurking close by, all he needs is a trigger. It is deep set and not something you can shake or ignore. My worst part of it all is being criticized, be it called for or not, it puts me mentally into the toddler mind instantly, I just shut down and hide (if I can). I have never been able to handle being criticized, probably from my upbringing and childhood traumas where I became a perfectionist who could not fail in being perfect (thankfully I now know how much of a fallicy that is). Some days, I appreciate it all, other days I wish I was more like normal people, but we all have our idiosyncrasies, mine just happens to be 5 years old!
    Last edited by Waddles; 03-Jan-2015 at 05:20. Reason: spelling