Thread: The Secret World

Default The Secret World

Are there any other players of this amazing MMORPG?

If you don't know what it is, I'll give a brief explanation.

The Secret World is an MMORPG set in Modern Times, you play as one of 3 Factions: The Illumnati, The Knight's Templar, and The Dragon. Each faction has a different story behind them, and different aesthetics.

The story behind the world is that essentially The Old God's (Cthulhu and other primordial beings) have re-awoken and are setting about the destruction of the world. You start off in the year 2012, having newly awoken to your Super Natural abilities. You choose one of the 3 factions and go about trying to stop the destruction and keeping things out of the public eye.

A big draw to me about TSW, is that there aren't really levels in the traditional sense. There is no number that signifies what level you are, instead you are granted AP (Ability Points) Which are then used to purchase abilities for your weapon choice. Another thing that I think is quite refreshing, is there are no pre-set classes! You can build your character however you want too, say you want to be a magic slinging tank. Well you can be!

Anywho I think I've rambled long enough about this game, anyone else play?

Well, here is at least a potential player. If the game is not too expensive. I am very interested in this concept

Is there a sub fee? It sounds pretty awesome, though not leveling up seems like it'd be a bit difficult to get used to. Also, is AP granted like levels (ie ___ xp = 1 AP) or is it all quest/dungeon rewards, or..?

I love the game, stopped just before getting .4.4 everything (have panoptic core but usually do Blood/X for buff DPS or Fist/pistol/Blood heals.) Sadly only a couple of friends liked it so moved on to other games. Still going back to get the latest issues and play through them. I highly recommend it for anyone that loves theorycrafting, the amount of depth and complexity you can get is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mawile View Post
    Is there a sub fee? It sounds pretty awesome, though not leveling up seems like it'd be a bit difficult to get used to. Also, is AP granted like levels (ie ___ xp = 1 AP) or is it all quest/dungeon rewards, or..?
    Each level gives AP and SP (AP three times, SP each whole level) and you get them VERY quickly once you are out of the starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawile View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zenka View Post
    Well, here is at least a potential player. If the game is not too expensive. I am very interested in this concept
    For the base game of The Secret World it's about 30$ CAD which is 25$ USD, or 3287.64 Icelandic Króna.

There is a subscription fee IF you choose to be a paying member, otherwise the game is Buy 2 Play right out of the box.
    Last edited by SnowBlitz; 31-Dec-2014 at 11:08. Reason: clarity

this game caught my eyes a while ago, it seems higly interesting. However, it also seems expensive if you're willing to buy every issues. (80€ if I'm not mistaken)

But I don't know if the DLC are mandatory for a beginner :/

Quote Originally Posted by koda42 View Post
    this game caught my eyes a while ago, it seems higly interesting. However, it also seems expensive if you're willing to buy every issues. (80€ if I'm not mistaken)

But I don't know if the DLC are mandatory for a beginner :/
    They are not mandatory for the beginner, but they are actually really good (and really help with progression into endgame.) Also they have what is called "The Master Pack" that will get you all of the early DLC but you have to get that version of the game and can't add it on later if you get the normal version. (you will still be missing quite a few of the issues.) I would highly recommend this pack over the basic if you spend some time investigating the game and like what you see.

I have this and the first 4 expansions, but stopped because playing it alone just wasn't as fun as it should be.