Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New plastic backed Tena Slip?

Default New plastic backed Tena Slip?

http://www.saveexpress.de/de/inkonti...e-24er-packung

This product have appeared at save, it is called Tena slip Original and according to product info it is plastic backed (with breatable wings,) i thought Tena were remove all pvc backed products in favor of cotton feel,

Hurray! This is great news. I am ordering now, I await with baited breath to see if the wings ruin it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by nilson View Post
    i thought Tena were remove all pvc backed products in favor of cotton feel,
    They have... just like Abena have officially discontinued their plastic-backed diapers... Yet somehow certain retailers (like Save Express) still seem to be able to get the plastic-backed versions... which is very fortunate!

The standard (I won't call them "original" to avoid confusion!) Tena Slips with the plastic-backsheet are also available from Save Express:
    http://www.saveexpress.de/en/inkonti...e-24er-packung

N.B. The word "folie" is used by Save Express to indicate plastic-backing.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    They have... just like Abena have officially discontinued their plastic-backed diapers... Yet somehow certain retailers (like Save Express) still seem to be able to get the plastic-backed versions... which is very fortunate!

The standard (I won't call them "original" to avoid confusion!) Tena Slips with the plastic-backsheet are also available from Save Express:
    http://www.saveexpress.de/en/inkonti...e-24er-packung

N.B. The word "folie" is used by Save Express to indicate plastic-backing.
    Y
    ep but on the original they advise that the produktion has ceased in december. so i think that one will dissapear

I must try the new ones, but currently my diaperstock is more than full .

That's good news, hopefully in time they will have widespread availability.

Rather interesting that in less than a year since going cloth they bring out a new product with plastic backing, suppose that was enough time for them to realise there is still a strong market for plastic and responded accordingly.

Seems to be a bit of trend among many manufacturers:
    1. Change to cloth backing with all the usual 'new and improved' hype.
    2. Loose market share to those still producing plastic backed products.
    3. Release a new plastic backed product.

I actually prefer the cloth back and was happy that they changed. It fit me better, allowed for easier retaping and was more comfortable for long wears for me. Cloth backing also makes me feel like more of a modern baby. If I wanted to feel like when I was a kid I'd be wearing terry nappies.

It seems like putting breathable wings is a bad compromise. If any urine happens to run that way then I'd expect a leak.

It's worth a shot. Really, at the rate we're losing plastic backed, I'm more than happy to compromise on this. Besides, plastic or breathable, you're probably going to leak if you hit the wings regardless.

And keep in mind, these aren't made with ABDLs in mind. Pretty much anyone who isn't ABDL (and I'm hoping some ABDLs) aren't wearing these to completely full capacity - it's just gross. But I don't think it'll be a problem.

Any idea when these are expected to be more widely available?

Bambino Diapers still sells the original plastic-backed Tena Slip Maxis. They are in-stock, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinobaby View Post
    Bambino Diapers still sells the original plastic-backed Tena Slip Maxis. They are in-stock, too.
    Yes, but they're now out of production and supply is limited. Which is why it's nice to see a "new" version coming out in plastic.